Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gwtamara

WANTED: Would you like a tracking chart?

gwtamara
11 years ago

Hi folks!

Would it be helpful to you to have a page that would allow you to keep track of your trades? What I'm considering is a chart/page that would allow you to enter the trader's name, item, date sent/received, misc/notes, etc. It would be a private (viewable only by you) page that would be accessible from your member page and trading list.

Let me know what you think and what else you might like to see on the page.

Best,

Tamara

Comments (15)

• kayjones
    11 years ago

Oh, Tamara - that would be wonderful! Even better - this tool with an automatic delivery to our email!!!!

• kchd
    11 years ago

Heck YES, we want that! And I agree with Kay about linking it to our email.

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    11 years ago

Somebody created one. She emailed it to me and I've used it. It's an Excel spreadsheet and very effective. You might ask her how she did it (or I can show you). Love the idea it's linked to this website and email, too.

• gwtamara
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Kay -- I'm not sure that I understand what you mean by linking it to your email? Do you mean when you add/modify it, it would send it to your email?

• luvsgrtdanes
    11 years ago

I think it's a great idea!

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    11 years ago

I too think it is a great idea.

I'm wondering too why anyone would want updates sent to their email, since it would be one's own tracking chart and updated just as we update our own trade lists.

Would it be possible to show us a 'proposed chart' and then we could maybe make further suggestions on it before it is actually put into operation?

Sue

• kchd
    11 years ago

Depending on how it's set up, it would be nice to link to a trading member's profile page, or better yet, to their current R&R forum thread.

I've noticed that a lot of newer members sometimes don't post R&R's correctly, and I think it's partly b/c of trouble finding an already started thread.

If there were a search function for entering the GW user name for whom you are trading with, that could help streamline things, too.

• sandysgardens
    11 years ago

Tamara,

I have an excel spreadsheet that I've used for years that I track all my trades/swaps on for the year - sounds very similar to what you're proposing (trader/swap, what I sent, what I received, when sent/received, etc). I would love to have something similar to be a part of our own private page. Would you be able to create it so we can download it to excel for us to save as an excel file on our pc for use......

Sandy

• kayjones
    11 years ago

Tamara, what I am proposing would be:

When we set up a trade, using the trade tracking chart, it would automatically be sent to our email address. I have had many experiences where me or the other trader FORGOT about an agreement to trade. If it came to our email we would have another notice that we perhaps wouldn't forget.

• elliesfun
    11 years ago

Yes, linked to member's profile page. I am one of those that doesn't post to R&R page correctly and have been notified its not done correctly but NO ONE has said how to do it. I would love it because for now I try to write in a journal I keep.

• wally_1936
    11 years ago

I think it would be a great idea. Before I have never gotten enough request for seeds until I found all I needed to do was say HAVE. When the request get to the point of needing to keep track my mind is not great at keeping track and have only recently needed to keep track and started out with only a Word program but Excel would be a much better way to go to organize record-keeping. Thanks

• indiana_matt
    11 years ago

I like the idea too. Do make sure where ever a member's name appears it is linked to there trade page.

• zzackey
    11 years ago

Sounds great to me!!

• kayjones
    11 years ago

Just moving this to the top. Tamera, can this be made to stay at the top of the first page?

• zioncottage
    11 years ago

Great idea! Yes, link it to email. Also, have a spot on the chart for keeping track of whether or not we've written their feedback and maybe a spot to keep track of venues in case we have trades from a different exchange forum or website?

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio