Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Wanted = Information on how to fill in my seed lists -

Posted by joanzee 6B (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 3, 14 at 14:34

Trying to put complete info on my page but it says no seeds listed and can't enter anything. Help appreciated
thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Wanted = Information on how to fill in my seed lists

This part is tricky until you do it once or twice. It's remembering how to do it and then it's easy.
Scroll to the bottom of this page (or any page) and you'll see Member Pages. Click on it.
Now you're on a new screen. Now click on the line that says "Edit Exchange List" (or something like that.
Now you'll be able to enter into 4 areas: 1. seeds you have to trade 2. seeds you want 3. plants you have to trade 4. plants you want.
Don't be too shy. All of us out there trading want to know what you're looking for. When I started I wasn't sure what I wanted, but as I came across flowers I liked I'd add them to my list. You can also put down things like:
Interested in veggies. Live in zone 8.
ex. Any and all flower seeds for zone 6.
ex. Looking for red flowers.
ex. Want to create a butterfly garden.

Also put down anything you don't want.
ex. Please no morning glories, irises or okra.
Seed savers love to believe their seeds are going to a wonderful foster family who will adopt them, grow them and love them. So we also want to know what you don't need or don't particularly want.

Many people on GW want you to put a common name and a latin name. That's because the common name can mean many different things. I found out Morning Glories are bushes in Calif., but they are vines out here in Nebraska. It helps communication.

Be ready to do a lot of searching. You'll find people listing latin names. Just google it and you'll learn lots.

There's no wrong way to do it. I'm getting too lengthy here. Hope I don't drive you crazy. Don't forget to hit the 'submit' button at the end or it won't save.
Also, if you get involved in other groups you can link to this page and you only have to keep one computer list of seeds...much easier.
Heidi in Nebraska

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here