Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bakemom_gw

HAVE: Newbie Seed Project 2015! packs available

bakemom_gw
9 years ago

the generous donations keep coming in. Right now, I offer 20 newbie packs with 20 packages of seed, my choice. Post here. Your post will go to my email and I will contact you. Please make sure your email is not blocked. If you don't hear from me in 24 hours, your email is likely blocked.
I require a mailing label and 6 stamps to be sure there is adequate postage. This is year 10. It is not a trade. This is a gift. Please post so we can all keep count of how many packs are spoken for.

This project generally runs into May. Right now, only flowers.

Have fun!

Comments (190)

• Lisa
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Ditto! Thank you so much Bakemom and all who helped her, we newbies salute you! =)

• Delancey Kim
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Received my package today and am blown away by the generosity. A big thank you to Bakemom and to everyone who contributed seeds this year! Hope to contribute myself in next year's Newbie Seed Project. :)

• Andre Bell
    8 years ago

I would like to participate. How do I sign up to receive the seeds?

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    8 years ago

Looks like this offer is no more.

Thanks bakemom for your good deeds.

Posted 4/22/15:

bakemom_gw(z6 Central Ohio)

The offer is finished and all seeds spoken for.

• Richard Louis
    8 years ago

Hello All, I am a newbie here and just signed up about 15 minutes ago. I heard about this site and thought it would be great to join and learn some new ideas as quick as possible so that I can help my family and I to a much better and healthier way of life and sustainability through Non-GMO Seed growing and saving.

Any help is appreciated if there is still someone who'd like to help out or adopt this newbie family.

All the best to everyone, Richard in South Puget Sound, Seattle, Washington

• Lisa
    8 years ago

I received my seed pack today, thank you to everyone involved for all your generosity, and thank you Bakemom for putting it all together! =)

• Carlos Navar
    8 years ago

Carlitosnavar11@gmail.com

• MikeinPA_Zone5b
    8 years ago

Carlos, this ended 4/22/15. Sorry, you were a little too late as she has sent out all the seeds.

• a_shau
    8 years ago

hi bakemom - thanks for sending these out every year. What an amazing project. I got your seeds last year and was able to cultivate some delphinium, a balloon flower, some rose campion and a campulana - which is about to bloom any day now. Anyway I was wondering if you take seed donations at all? Sometimes I get seeds from my plants and thought I should give back - if you think that's a good idea. happy gardening!

• MikeinPA_Zone5b
    8 years ago

a_shau, I think bakemon is trying to get someone else to take over the Newbie Seed Gift Project. They do gladly accept donations as that is how she gets a lot of the seeds to give away in the project.

Possibly, whoever takes over will post and we can contribute to them. I don't know what bakemom will do if no one volunteers to take over. It is such a great project but I am sure it is also a lot of work.

The best would be if there are 2 or 3 people in a general area that could work together to take it over it might make it easier on them all.

Thanks for the offer of the seeds and be sure to keep checking. By all means do collect the seeds at the end of the year and if no one takes over you can still offer them to people for a SASE, etc.

Mike

• MikeinPA_Zone5b
    8 years ago

Newbie Seed Project on Received Seeds Update.

I was one of the lucky people who received seeds and due to some health issues I was late in getting many started but now we are seeing some results so I hope to have pics to post soon showing some of the plants. My wife is anxiously watching the progress. (:-)

Mike

• Marcy Lally
    8 years ago

I would love free seeds.

Mlpinecrest@gmail.com

• MikeinPA_Zone5b
    8 years ago

Marcy, this ended 4/22/15. Sorry, you were a little too late as she has sent out all the seeds.

• val (MA z6)
    8 years ago

Hi Ladies and Gents,

I have taken over for bakemom and will handle the Newbie Seed Project going forward, after Bakemom started this and did it for ten years. What a great help for so many, and I thought it a good way to "pay it forward" as people have been very generous with me when I got started!

All donations are appreciated ANYtime you wish to send them - be it later this year (fall/winter) or now if you have extras. I would prefer not to publicly post my address.

Please contact me at newbieseedproject@gmail.com

I have responded to Marcy via private email since she posted her email address; While I do not have alot of seeds, Bakemom did send me a bit of what she had left over, so I am happy to send them out now if Marcy would like them!

Val

• MikeinPA_Zone5b
    8 years ago

Val. Excellent! Great News! Kuddos to you for taking on this project. I hope you get a great response with donations. This project is really terrific and all involved deserve a big round of applause. I will be paying some forward so will be contacting you for info.

Thank You!

Mike

• val (MA z6)
    8 years ago

Thanks, Mike!
    That'd be great!

• Brianne Edwards
    8 years ago

Hello, I knew you said seeds were limited, but if you have any, I would really appreciate some. I am hoping to get a community garden set up within the next year, and this would really help. Thank you.

• val (MA z6)
    8 years ago

Hi Brianne,

I have some seeds left and would be happy to send some of what I have.

just send an email to me at newbieseedproject@Gmail.com and I will send my address for you to send 6 postage stamps. I supply bubble envelope.

• kathy1966tn
    8 years ago

I emailed back in March I believe as well as posted here.. but never heard back from anyone.

• a_shau
    8 years ago

Just wanted to share the gorgeous campulana which finally came up this weekend. They're from last year's newbie seed project! Link here.

• val (MA z6)
    8 years ago

Kathy,

I just took over from the gal that ran this previously. I'm betting your email went astray and she never received it, but if you want to email me at newbieseedproject@Gmail.com, I will provide my address where you can send 6 - 49cent or Forever stamps and I will send some of what I have on hand or you can wait til this winter for a wider selection

TO ALL ----PLEASE NOTE

Normally this seed offering does not run all year. It is a winter/spring offering. I am willing to send what I still have to those interested but variety is somewhat limited

• val (MA z6)
    8 years ago

You can also send me a message here on Houzz; but make sure your messaging capability is turned on so I can respond to you! ;o)

• val (MA z6)
    8 years ago

a_shau
    Just lovely!
    I need some of those in MY garden! :o)

And by all means, I would be thrilled with any seed donations for this winter/spring newbie seed project!

• val (MA z6)
    8 years ago

Brianne,
    I got an email from you yesterday asking for my address. I sent it 6/30...and again today. If you didnt receive either, it might have gone to your spam folder???

Val

• val (MA z6)
    8 years ago

NOTICE -- Please dont post here any longer. It's somewhat disappointing when people see the new discussion and it says "NEWBIE SEED PACKS AVAILABLE".

I will be posting something now (summer) just to let people know they can donate and/or request seeds at a later time (winter).

THANK YOU
    Val

• decoratingaddict
    8 years ago

Are these still available? We just built a house and have ZERO landscaping so I'm hoping to start gardening! Please let me know what I need to do to participate. Thanks so much! Stephenie satkins0124@gmail.com

• MikeinPA_Zone5b
    8 years ago

Hi decoratingaddict, check out the new message area related to this topic under the heading NEWBIE SEED PACKS AVAILABLE! Good Luck.

• decoratingaddict
    8 years ago

Thanks mikeinPA_zone5b!

• Prince Pavitran
    8 years ago

hi i'm new to gardening would like some seeds thank you!

• val (MA z6)
    8 years ago

PRINCE:

The Newbie Seed Swap is season and runs Winter-Spring. We are soliciting for seed donations for this year's Newbie Seed Packs. Without all our generous donors, we could not do this!

You might want to try the "adopt a newbie" thread; and feel free to contact us this winter/spring when we post we're "in business" this year!

Please note; For all those requesting newbie seed packs, we do ask for 6 forever or 49 cent stamps and a mailing label with your name/address. We provide the bubble mailer.

THANK YOU all for your interest!!!

• Debi Matlack
    8 years ago

I should have some things to share. I was the happy recipient of LOTS of seeds from the newbie seed project after I moved and left everything behind. If there is an address, I would be happy to send my donations.

• val (MA z6)
    8 years ago

Debi,

Whatever you can spare would be GREATLY appreciated! It's nice to pay it forward as someone else will be grateful as you were when you were in need.

I will send my address to you via private message in a few mins.

Val

• User
    8 years ago

Hello I would also love a newbie pack to garden at home please....

• val (MA z6)
    8 years ago

Celesita,

People keep returning to this thread due to the heading, but do not read the entries. Please note:

The Newbie Seed Swap is season and runs Winter-Spring. We are soliciting for seed donations for this year's Newbie Seed Packs. Without all our generous donors, we could not do this!

You might want to try the "adopt a newbie" thread; and feel free to contact us this winter/spring when we post we're "in business" this year!

Please note; For all those requesting newbie seed packs, we do ask for 6 forever or 49 cent stamps and a mailing label with your name/address. We provide the bubble mailer.

• rbrtsnj339
    8 years ago

Can I have one please? I've just got my first allotment and this would be an amazing start X what or where do I have to email or mail? Xxx thanks john X

• MikeinPA_Zone5b
    8 years ago

Hi, rbrtsnj339, check out the post right above your post here for more info.

Mike

• earlyfig200329
    8 years ago

Do I just mail in my seeds for donation? Do they need to be full packs? I always have so many left over after I plant what I want.

• val (MA z6)
    8 years ago

Hi Early,

We'll take whatever you want to donate - NO! They dont have to be full packages...we take any leftover seed, and seed from your saved garden seeds, etc! It's a perfect way to give to others, the seeds you wont use in a package, so thanks for bringing this up.

I'll send you a private message with my address!

Best
    Val

• val (MA z6)
    8 years ago

Hi Early,

You dont have messaging set up on your Houzz account. If you dont want to do this, just email me at newbieseedproject@gmail.com and I'll send you my address via email.

• ToadKilla _Parker_CO_z5
    8 years ago

I never got my seeds the last time around. Looks like my packets got "germinated" on the way lol. Hoping to see them this year. When will we be starting to send the packets out? I want to be able to spread some in fall and early spring next year.
    Also, have some black eyed susan seeds that I can donate while i send my SASE.

• val (MA z6)
    8 years ago

Hi seemit22

As posted above,

Please note; For all those requesting newbie seed packs, we will ask for 6 Forever or 49 cent stamps and a mailing label with your name/address. We provide the bubble mailer.

I Just took over this Newbie Seed Project this summer and hope to help alot of newbies. When I receive enough donations to offer the seeds to newbies, I will post under a new thread and let everyone know I'm going to start mailing these out. I cannot promise for fall planting, as this is generally a winter project when i will have more time.

This thread is misleading as the heading is "newbie seeds available", but it's an old thread from Jan 2015 and I dont want to mislead anyone.

• MikeinPA_Zone5b
    8 years ago

I wonder if there is any way we can mark this thread closed to prevent anyone from posting here anymore.

• Kelsen
    8 years ago

Can I have A packet?

• val (MA z6)
    8 years ago

Kelsen, This is an OLD post from January. The heading is misleading as newbie seed packs are sent out winter/spring and we are just collecting donations in order to send out these packets.

Check out the "Adopt a newbie" forum if you're looking for seeds/help

• Carol
    8 years ago

Thank you ,I would like to get your address so I can send you a SASE for the 10 pack of seeds , thanks again .

• leekeetley
    8 years ago

please could i have a packet

• val (MA z6)
    8 years ago

ATTENTION EVERYONE -- PLEASE READ

THIS IS AN OLD THREAD FROM WINTER/SPRING 2015. This THREAD IS NO LONGER VALID.

However, for a limited time, you are in luck if you are reading this in October 2015.

I have opened up the requests and have a LIMITED NUMBER of packets available for newbies.

But you MUST go to the NEW THREAD

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/discussions/3412624/newbie-seed-project-2015-2016-has-begun?n=10

READ the Rules and Post there if you are interested!

I WILL NO LONGER FOLLOW THIS OLD THREAD nor will I contact anyone who does not post at the new thread. This is a somewhat time-consuming endeavor and it makes it easier for me if you pay attention to the offers and read before you post

Thank you!

• cagbchee74
    8 years ago

I would like a seeds package please

Thank you

• soilent_green
    8 years ago

Wow...someone should do a study on this...

• sdambr
    8 years ago

LOL, this thread made me chuckle. I will try to get my donations in asap. Please send me address.