Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brizee77

WANTED: Trying to put a dent in my Want List.

Brizee77
10 years ago

Here are a few specifics that I have been looking for. I am open to trading for others herbs/ fruits/ and veggies I do not currently have, but this is at least a starting place...

Chamomile
fenugreek
MarshMallow
Myrrh
Mint
Ginseng
Crampbark
Wormwood
Salvia divinorum
Pipsissewa (Chimaphila umbellata)

Broccoli Romanesco
blue jade corn
Romaine lettuce
Leek
Peter Peppers
strawberry spinach
Waterrmelon - Sweet Siberian and Osh Kirgizia

Tomatoes
Park's Whopper
Dester
Moonglow
Silvery Fir Tree

Blue Wisteria

My trade list is pretty up to date at the moment so have a look and let me know what you are interested in :)

Thanks

This post was edited by Brizee77 on Sat, Jan 25, 14 at 0:26

Comments (13)

• kchd
    10 years ago

I can hook you up with Prunella vulgaris and Anise hyssop. What do you mean by 'elderflower'?

Katie

• Brizee77
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the offer, Did you find anything you wanted on my list or would you prefer postage?

Elderflower seems to be also known by Elderberry,

Elder Flower
    Botanical Name: Sambuccus canadensis

Elderflower is very high in antioxidants and vitamins and has traditional uses in treating respiratory illnesses and topical application for skin complaints.

As well as forming part of the edible garden, it can also be used as a feature plant in the garden. The dark green, compound leaves are pinnate or bipinnate with leaflets arranged oppositely around the stem, creating an overall length of up to 30 cm or more. Each leaflet has serrate edges, is quite large and may measure 3-12cm long by 2-6cm wide. The fragrant white flowers are large and bloom in inflorescences or clusters, about 30 cm in width. These are followed by the blue berry like fruits, but the plant may have both flowers and fruit for several weeks.

There are many uses for the fruit of the elderflower plant, as both a food and a health supplement. The many varieties of elder have been used all over the world for many centuries. Native Americans valued elderflower as a medicinal herb and used it to treat many conditions. Other uses included repelling insects and creation of a black dye from the bark.

It seemed worth trying to grow :)

• pat44th
    10 years ago

Hi

I sent you e-mail.

• kchd
    10 years ago

Hi Brizee, I thought you might have meant Sambucus sp. but I wanted to make sure. I have seeds of that as well.

I did see a few interesting things on your have list. I've been wanting to try growing some Black Krim tomatoes.

I'll send you an email. If you don't get it, try emailing me directly.

Katie

• ddkcat
    10 years ago

Hi - I have lemon balm for your coneflower. Doreen.

• leila hamaya
    10 years ago

hi

i have some common german chamomile, lemon balm, some mint (tons of an unknown variety that came with my place- spicy), and a few purple wisteria seeds to trade if you are interested.

i have some other things too that you might be interested in as well as or instead.....

i would love some passionflower incarnata, rose bianca eggplant, and dragon fruit.

let me know, drop me an email, if you want to trade.

Here is a link that might be useful: my trade list

• Brizee77
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Updated want list to account for recent trades and also updated my trade list. Thanks for looking!

• gvozdika
    10 years ago

Brizee, what chamomile are you looking for?

• Brizee77
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I am just looking for common medicinal herbs, by looking it up the 2 that are commmonly used are:

Matricaria chamomilla (also known as Matricaria recutita),[11] German chamomile[6] or wild chamomile, the most commonly used species

Chamaemelum nobile, Roman, English or garden chamomile, also frequently used[6]

• luv2garden1
    10 years ago

sent you an email, I have a few things that are on your want list. :)

• pawlow05
    10 years ago

Sent you an email. Thanks!

• djmasturbeat
    10 years ago

hi, not sure I have much you are interested in, but please check my list if you want to trade any of your luffa/loofah or any tomatoes (epec heirlooms)

btw, salvia divinorum almost never seeds, and often seeds are sterile, so you will most likely need to find a cutting, which has become increasingly difficult.

• Brizee77
    Original Author
    10 years ago

@djmasturbeat thanks for the info, I had read that they were hard to seed and didn't often germinate, but I figured not often meant it was possible if someone happened to have any. Hopefully I will be able to manage to get my hands on a couple of cuttings eventually. I am sending you a pm regarding a trade.

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida