Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gary_horton1960

WANTED: seeds to trade

gary.horton1960
9 years ago

Cucamelons and Old Farmer White Dent Corn to trade .
Mexican Sour Gherkin Cucumbers or Cucamelons
Cucamelon (Melothria scabra 75 days) is also known as the Mexican Sour Gherkin, mouse melon or "Sandiita" or little watermelon in Spanish. Tiny, 1 x 1/2 in. light-green fruits with darker mottling look like watermelons for a doll house. The flesh is white, crisp, crunchy with a slight lemony tartness. The flavor is closer to a cucumber than a melon. One person described them as, Incredible, small cucumber-like fruit are shaped like baby watermelons. They are good added to salads or can be pickled. Very unique and fun. Huge yields.I also have Old Farmers White Dent Corn . I got the seed from an elderly man who the seed has been in his family over 100 years. He is 82 and has always grown it. Huge 12 foot stalks with 6 to 7 ears per stock. Has 11 or 12 rows or kernels. Great to eat or make flur with I will exchange 30 -35 of these seeds for 30 bean or corn seeds. I am looking for unusual or rare corn or beans. I live in Cherokee North Carolina. You can contact me on this web site or at hortongary@hotmail.com

Comment

Sponsored
    Grow Landscapes
    Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
    Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?