Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
goin4green

wanted: vegetable,spice,herb seeds for sese

goin4green
10 years ago

I am beginning a garden a need help of getting seeds to start my garden off with community help and was given this site as good place to begin. Help will be most appreciated,

Comments (5)

• Bplace
    10 years ago

Hi Going4green
    I got your email, and I would love to send them out, can you send me your address, and your email address. Its easier to communcate back and forth with an email. Hope to hear from you soon!

• em247
    10 years ago

From the Sticky to read before posting on the exchange forum:

* The exchanges were created to facilitate the arranging of trades of plants and seeds between members. Please do not use them to solicit donations, ask for free plants or seeds, or ask for items in exchange for postage. All requests must be in the context of arranging a trade. If you have nothing to offer at this time, please wait until you do.
    If you do not have anything to trade at this time, you are however welcome to respond to the many generous 'offers' of seeds for postage. These can be found by looking for posts that say seeds are available for sase, sasbe, beap, free, newbies, etc. Some posts will state that they are looking for trades, but will also consider sending seeds for postage.

There are some free seed offers already on this forum that you can respond to instead:

HAVE: Free Veggie Sampler for Newbies
    http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/exseed/msg1214511620023.html?29

WANTED: newbie seed project 2013-14 has begun!
    http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/exseed/msg121921343895.html?33

I received your message about the flower seeds I'm offering in exchange or postage, but your e-mail is blocked so I can't respond. I only have the marigold seeds left, but I'd be more than apply to send you some if you like. Just e-mail me outside of GW to set it up.

You can also try the link below to request seed from the wintersown website. You can check out the swaps on the round robin exchanges forum as well to see if there are any that let newbies join, which means you don't have seeds to send in, but if you send in a SASBE, they'll send you some extra packets of seed donated by other participants in the swap.

Hope that helps. : )

Here is a link that might be useful: Free Seeds from WinterSown.org

• Lizzy
    10 years ago

Hi goingforgreen, I'm new here too and just wanted to encourage you to read the forum rules and keep visiting! In the few short months that I've been visiting this board I have been amazed by the generosity of the established members. I'm still on the hunt but most of my seed list has been checked off from just responding to the numerous SASE offers on this site. I would suggest patience and diligence. Keep an eye on this board and you'll see an offer of seeds for postage almost every day. It's been such a rewarding experience for me and I hope you find the same. The people here are truly so kind and seem to love helping us newbies get started!

• beth_b_kodiak
    10 years ago

good to see folks reminding newbies of the "rules". Back in the OLE DAYS, we had webmaster Spike here to do that. Now it is up to us chicks ( and guys) to do that.
    BB

• Bplace
    10 years ago

Hi Goin4green
    I would love to do some trading with you, can you send me an email with your email address, its much easier to communicate through email.I did get your message but i dont have any way of replying back (it didnt provide your email address). Hope to hear back from you soon!

Sponsored
Franklin County's Remodeling & Handyman Services