15 years ago

For those of you that may have emailed me and didn't

get a response, MOST all emails enter into my JUNK EMAIL

FOLDER & I may have accidentally DELETED them because I get

100's per day of JUNK EMAIL.

YOU will see when you look at my HAVE LIST, A MAXIMUM OF

10 PACKETS PER PERSON PER ORDER.

I am doing Self-Addressed Stamped Bubble Envelope or

S.A.S.B.E. This means for newbies to SEND ME another bubble envelope INSIDE the bubble envelope you mail, and you do NOT have to put the postage on the INSIDE envelope, but have the STAMPS inside.

I WILL exchange POSTAGE for SEED, and am asking for 6 - 42 cent stamps, OR if you wish to TRADE SEED, my WANT LIST has been UPDATED as well.

Happy Gardening!

zippy37 http://www.gardenweb.com/members/exch/zippy37

Comments (12)

• cjcjmass
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Thank you for the update.
    I will send out my SASBE tomorrow and will include 6 stamps as you requested..

Thank you

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

This means for newbies to SEND ME another bubble envelope INSIDE the bubble envelope you mail, and you do NOT have to put the postage on the INSIDE envelope, but have the STAMPS inside.

Ummm... I'm a bit confused here. Are you meaning you want newbies to send you two bubble envelopes, one inside the other one as well as 6 stamps? A SASBE is usually done with the bubble envelope addressed to you with the stamps, a return address label and the list of their requests and GW ID inside and you reuse the bubble envelope to mail back to them. Perhaps I'm misreading.....but that seems a little wasteful to me.

Kathy

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

Can you please explain like kathy said above. This seems wasteful and I think I am misreading your request. Thanks

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

This means for newbies to SEND ME another bubble envelope INSIDE the bubble envelope you mail, and you do NOT have to put the postage on the INSIDE envelope, but have the STAMPS inside.

Zippy,

I am sorry, but what you have posted here is clearly not an sasbe offer.

You are trading seeds for postage, and that is considered selling which is not allowed.

Per the Special Instructions for the Seed Exchange:
    * This forum is for the purpose of exchanging material, there should be no need to mention money in any postings. If money is mentioned, the posting will be considered an advertisement and the poster will be banned.

You might want to ask that your post be pulled.

Additionally, asking that newbies send a bubble envelope inside of a bubble envelope, and then not even affixing the postage to the inside envelope is setting newbies and newer traders up for a lot of confusion in the future. Several are already confused and it is often being asked what sase and sasbe stand for.

Please see sase-sasbe is NOT a self addressed envelope-bubble or otherwise. You will see there that problems have arisen in the past using the term sasbe.

In another thread you posted:
    I will either trade or you send me a S.A.S.B.E.
    with 4 or 5 stamps depending on location.
    Location has no bearing whatsoever on the cost of mailing withing the US, and this forum is for US trades only. That is stated in the Special Instructions.
    Your trade page states"
    ***Each Packet Contains From 10-15 Seeds Unless Specified Otherwise
    10 packs of 'most' seeds with those counts 'should' be either 83 cents or $1.17 if not packed properly or the PO charges Parcel rate. 3 stamps should be more than sufficient.

In another thread you posted:
    Thanks to all who ordered!
    On your trade page it states:
    ***A MAXIMUM OF 10 PACKETS PER PERSON PER ORDER.

What is that about?

I am sorry if I have rained on your parade here, but what you are doing here is clearly sending the wrong message to others, who are new to the Seed Exchange.

Though GW does not address members being able to generously share their excess seeds with other members for the the cost of postage, they have always permitted it. If members charge excess for postage or trade their seeds for postage, there is profit. Doing so could ban members in the future from making seeds for postage offers.
    There has been members who have been banned because of trading seeds and plants for postage or gift cards.

Clear? Questions?

You may want to ask that this post be deleted before there is anymore confusion caused because of it.

The 'regular' Contact Us link is broken, but you can contact GW via the link in the 'What's New on GardenWeb:' found at the top of the page.

Feel free to email me privately if you have questions.

Thank you.

• littleonefb
    15 years ago

I too am extremely confused by you post.

From what I understand from your post, you want 2 bubble envelopes sent to you, one addressed to you and inside that bubble envelope you want another one stuffed inside it.
    You want the second bubble mailer stuffed inside the first, no address on it, no stamps put on it, just put the stamps inside and you want 6 stamps put inside the bubble envelope that is addressed to you?

That makes no sense zippy.

One bubble envelope is more than enough to send. Inside that bubble envelope should be a return address label with the person's name and address on it, maybe a list of seeds that the person is asking for with their GW name and real name on it, and enough postage to mail the seeds back to them.

I can't even begin to imagine why, with only a maximum of 10 seed packets, you would need more than 3 stamps to mail the seeds back.

From what you posted, the way it is worded, the requirements that you have, it looks like to me you are selling your seeds.
    Payment for your seeds is a bubble envelope and 3 - 4 postage stamps, because you only need one bubble envelope and 2-3 stamps maximum to send the seeds.

As stated above, selling is not allowed on the forums, whether it be an outright asking for a cash payment or asking for payment in extra stamps and extra bubble envelopes.

From your post and requirements for your claimed SASBE offer, it very clearly appears you are "selling" your seeds, since your requirements are clearly asking for 2 bubble envelopes and double to triple the amount of postage stamps required to send the seeds.

I too would suggest that you request that you have this post removed before it creates further confusion for members and has the potential to appear to the owners of the forum that you are attempting to "sell" your seeds and they decide to ban you.

Fran

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

I personally have sent more than 10 packs for 3 stamps,so I am also confused on why it would require 6. The thing with 2 bubble envelopes is confusing also,why in the world would anyone send 2 bubble envelopes to receive 10 packs of seed?

• zippy37
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OK let me make this easier to understand.
    MANY people already have sent me a blank, legal sized
    envelope plus postage which is OK because I have bubble-wrap. I'm asking for extra postage because many of the envelopes come to me where I owe money for postage???
    Usually 33 cents worth or more. That's because when you mail your Envelope, you do not include enough postage.
    I find that it takes, depending on weight/size, 3-5 stamps
    for me to mail. OK with 10 packets 3 would work, but some have asked for 30 and more...3 won't be enough for sure.
    It averages out in the end. THANKS to all who have already sent SASBE! If you feel that somethings wrong with this, then others should stop doing the same! I have had no problems thus far with Self-Addressed Stamped Bubble Envelopes. This means YOUR address goes on the Envelope in the 'TO' SPOT, the CENTER FRONT, MY address would be top-upper left. Like I said, I have had to mail MANY Smaller Bubble wrapped envelopes inside for SASBE exchange as well, if I had no need for what they had to offer me, with extra postage as a gift, in other words, They were giving me SEED, and I gave them postage cause I had no seed to offer.
    That was fair for me and them. If you feel that 6 is too many for the lot, then perhaps 4 or 5 would due, just use your judgement. zippy37

• littleonefb
    15 years ago

"I'm asking for extra postage because many of the envelopes come to me where I owe money for postage???
    Usually 33 cents worth or more. That's because when you mail your Envelope, you do not include enough postage."

If you are finding that you are receiving postage due on the mailers or envelopes that you are receiving, you need to take that up with your local post office.
    It is doubtful that any of the bubble envelopes you are receiving do not have enough postage on them. they are being received on your end with the proper postage but it is your post office that is marking them with postage due because they are charging the incorrect price.

this is the correct price for bubble envelopes and has been posted on the conversation side of this forum

Bubble envelopes which are empty, or under 3/4" thick are classified as and to be charged as Large Envelopes and referred to as Flats) The contents (seed packs) should be taped in place, so the BE will be uniformly thick, and that the seeds don't shift, and then cause problems with the USPS equipment.
    Large Envelopes rates (BE under 3/4" thick)
    1 oz=$ .83
    2 OZ=$1.00
    3 OZ=$1.17
    4 OZ=$1.34
    5 OZ=$1.51

Other rates up to 13 OZ can be found at the link below. Anything over 13 OZ will then go as Priority mail (1 LB) and will be $4.80 unless one tells the clerks it is to go Parcel Post.

If there are numerous generous amounts of seeds sent, or if the seeds are bigger, the BE may be more than 3/4" thick, and then will go at Parcel Rate. It is not necessary to tape packets down if it is a bigger bulky envelope over 3/4" thick.

Parcel Rates
    1 OZ=$1.17
    2 OZ=$1.34
    3 OZ=$1.51
    4 OZ=$1.68
    5 OZ=$1.85
    6 OZ=$2.02

Even if you have gotten an occasional envelope with not enough postage on it, that doesn't warrant the request for 6 postage stamps from everyone because your post office is charging you the wrong price in either postage due or when you mail the envelopes back.

"I find that it takes, depending on weight/size, 3-5 stamps
    for me to mail. OK with 10 packets 3 would work, but some have asked for 30 and more...3 won't be enough for sure"

I can't imagine what your seed packets must weigh to need between 3-5 stamps to send out even 30 seed packets.

I just sent out an SASBE in a 6x9 inch bubble mailer yesterday. There where at least 40 packets of seeds, almost everyone of them with at least 25 seeds in each packet. A few had 5-10 seeds only and they where large seeds like sunflower and the like.
    The packet weighed over 3 ounces, under 4. I sent it parcel post and the postage cost was $1.51. The member sent me 4 stamps and that was more than enough.

Besides your offer states 10 packet maximum, so how are you mailing out more than that.

As for your statement "it all averages out". I'm sorry zippy, it doesn't average out. You are asking for way to much in postage for your seeds, and expecting members to pay for your post office mistakes to, as you put it, "average out in the end, is not only not fair, but actually selling your seeds.

"If you feel that somethings wrong with this, then others should stop doing the same! "

I don't know what you mean by this, but I don't see others charging more postage for seeds than is needed to mail the seeds. You are telling members to send you double and triple what the postage should be as well as an extra bubble envelope for no reason except to, based on what you said, make up for the postage due charges or incorrect charges that you post office is charging.

"Like I said, I have had to mail MANY Smaller Bubble wrapped envelopes inside for SASBE exchange as well, if I had no need for what they had to offer me, with extra postage as a gift, in other words, They were giving me SEED, and I gave them postage cause I had no seed to offer.
    That was fair for me and them. If you feel that 6 is too many for the lot, then perhaps 4 or 5 would due, just use your judgement."

I can not understand what any of the above means.

Fran

• scottrell
    15 years ago

I have to agree with Fran, Sue and Angie.

"I WILL exchange POSTAGE for SEED"

Seems just a little more than suspect to me.

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

And why the two bubble envies? Sorry,but it was never addressed and I am still wondering what explanation there is for people having to send 2. That means you get an extra bubble envy from every person that responds. Between the postage and the bubble envies ,I guess your trading costs are zero!

I have given many SASBEs away and 2 stamps always gets the SASBEs to me ,if it is postage due,than you should do as Fran advised, and talk to your PO people. All in all, the SASBE offer I have right now is 2 stamps to send the envy to me and 3 to send it back to them with seeds.A total of 5 stamps for the entire transaction. What you are doing is having people pay more to send you an extra bubble envelope and than send you 6 stamps on top of that! Those are some pricey "free" seeds!
    Sometimes people send extra postage along with their SASBE, and I have appreciated it,but I would never consider asking for it,if I did, I wouldn't be sharing,but selling instead!

• nekkidchrissy
    15 years ago

You can buy a scale for as little as $10 and weigh what you know you're going to send. Then you know how much postage to ask for in advance.

• graanieb
    15 years ago

You can sell seeds on EBay, if you fell on hard times, what might be the problem here, have to count pennies? Seeing you're a member since '04 ,with a few positive rates, including Agirlsgirl's, so -what happened Zippy? Modesty might prevent you from admitting the truth, if it were, but fessing up would be better than going on with confusing reasons.
    Just trying to understand.
    Bea

Sponsored