Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Chayote/mirliton squash seeds

Posted by mish-le 6 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 17, 14 at 10:59

Hi.. I am looking to find some of these seeds for a man who used to grow them.. I told him I would search around and see what I could find so please if anyone has a few that they would be willing to part with, I would appreciate it greatly. I have heirloom cushaw and roaster seed plus a variety of tomato, pepper, and many other seeds that I could exchange. I havent had a chance to make up a trade list yet but just ask or let me know what you would like in exchange for some of these seeds. Thank you.

Misha

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Chayote/mirliton squash seeds

Hi Misha, go to an ethnic store or maybe even your local grocery store and buy a couple chayote squash. Put them in a dark cupboard for a few weeks until they sprout and grow about 6 inches. Then pot them up. Hope this helps.

o

Forgot to mention that while they are in the cupboard they will look like they are rotting and get shriveled up. That is normal so don't throw them away :)

o

Gardengal, Unfortunately, I live in small town southern OH so this isn't a squash that is readily available at the local grocery stores...Hopefully, I may stumble across one so that I can try your suggestion... A man had traded seeds with me last week and asked me if I had these since I had cushaw and I told him I had never heard of them but I would check around for him.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here