Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Any vegetables wanted please

Posted by chwgarden 7 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 23, 14 at 11:37

Hi, I used to be a real vegetable gardener but a lot has happened in the past 5 years. I'm at a place where I really could use some help starting up again. I have no seeds and no income to build it back up at this moment but growing this year will be so good for me and my 2 young boys (4 & 5). If anyone can spare any small amounts of seeds I would really really appreciate it. We only have 150 sq. ft to garden in so it's really a small amount only that we need. Thank you so much!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Any vegetables wanted please

Welcome again!

You might check with the HAVE: Newbie seed project to see if some veggies might still be available.

hth.

Sue

o

hi, SPREAD GARDENING KNOWLEDGE TO THOSE YOUNGSTERS!
i will send you siberian tomatoes which mature in 45 days and are cold tolerant to 38 degrees.
this is a hearty large vine type tomato so plant accoringly.

Here is a link that might be useful: amazon.com

o

I have some Kale, carrots and a few squash seeds. Send me you address.

o

I always suggest the free seed request from the Wintersown website for people looking for seeds (see link below). I personally have submitted a tomato seed request and am very happy with the seeds I received. I haven't tried the vegetable or group seed requests personally, but I would bet they're just as good. There are also SASE offers posted pretty regularly on the exchange page here and occasionally some of the other forums that I've had good luck with as well. If there are still things you're looking for after trying those sources, I'd recommend scoping out your local dollar stores (i.e. Dollar General or Dollar Tree) or Wal-mart. They usually have Plantation Products seeds at very reasonable prices, around $0.20-$0.25/packet, which have always germinated well for me. Just make sure to feel each packet that you pick up because I have found an empty packet once or twice over the last few years that I've purchased that brand. Last year at the end of the season, the leftover packets at Dollar General went on clearance for $0.01-0.03/packet, so that's something to watch for in August to help build up your seed collection for future gardens.

Hope that helps,
Emily

P.S. Technically, you're not supposed to ask for free seeds on the exchange forum according to the instructions for this page. Just FYI in case you didn't know, and I've pasted the link below if you'd like more information.

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/exseed/msg0100065716549.html?150

Here is a link that might be useful: Free Seeds from WinterSown.org

o

I have cucumber seeds I can spare. I saved 'em together from 2 varieties, cross-pollinated. They were Boston Pickling and Burpless. If you'd like some, send me your address.

o

I have watermelon and cantaloupe, my boys(around the same age) enjoy taking care of the crazy shaped plants! Yours if youd like to email me

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here