Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seeking Seed Trades - Edibles

Posted by soilent_green 4b MN (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 24, 12 at 13:16

Hi folks,

I would still like to get in a couple more seed trades before the start of the 2012 gardening season if anyone is interested. I have a large collection of beans and other edibles listed on an updated list on my GW Seed Trade page which includes a decent amount of fresh 2012 commercial seeds available.

I have an in-depth seeds-wanted list on my trade page for folks to peruse, but to summarize I am mainly seeking varieties I do not have of the following:

1.) P. vulgaris heirloom true string beans.
2.) P. vulgaris bush/pole snap, shell, and dry beans.
3.) P. vulgaris greasy and cutshort beans.
4.) P. vulgaris bush/pole French/filet beans.
5.) P. vulgaris bush/pole Romano/flat beans.
6.) V. faba fava/broad beans.
7.) P. lunatis bush/pole lima/butter beans.
8.) P. coccineus runner beans.
9.) African, Asian, Central American, European, South American, or any other foreign beans.
10.) Bean off-types, oddballs, sports, crosses, natural genetic variants, landraces.
11.) V. unguiculata cowpeas/southern peas.
12.) G. max soy/edamame beans.
13.) Open pollinated small food grains.
14.) Upland rice.
15.) Oilseeds used for the production of culinary oils.
16.) Extremely hot peppers other than Bhut/Ghost.
17.) Other non-tomato edibles.

I have a strong online trading history with positive feedback in the GW Rate and Review exchange. I prefer multiple variety trades to justify postage but if you have a rare, uncommon, or unique variety I will certainly consider trading for just that one variety if that is all you want to do.

I will also happily consider trading any of my seeds for any of your pre-1980 full unopened, opened, or empty seed packets (especially beans) or pre-1980 commercial seed catalogs in decent condition. Catalogs don't have to be mint but they should be fairly complete and readable.

Don't hesitate to contact me if any questions or to inquire about a possible trade.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and have a good day.
-Tom

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seeking Seed Trades - Edibles

I have bean seeds on my trade list. Most are from 2008. I'm not going to grow them this year and would like them to go someplace where they would be used. I'll give you the ones you're interested for a SASBE.

o

Hi Becky, thanks for your kind offer. I took a quick look at your list and you have some varieties I would love to acquire. I will email you.
-Tom

o

Hi Becky,

I am another bean person and also love purple. I have some of the veggies on your want list and also purple flowers. I would possibly be interested in the beans that you do not send to Tom.
Marge

o

Your email doesn't like me Marge. I got an automated message back. It put as "Suspect email." I tried to follow the link to be taken off the "suspect email" list and it gave me an error message.

o

Becky, I sent you an email with my own email address.

o

have rev Taylor butter bean pole, striped hull greasy cut short,pretzel bean,blk turtle bean, blk seed pole,specked hull red lima,envy soy, bear soy,wipperpool will pea,pole mcCaslau, roma bush, blue lake string-less pole, also grew a bean i got from out local growers, looks like a sea bean, triangle shape, drys deep burgundy.It has a huge vine that was very hardy.
peaches,

o

peaches0104 I will be contacting you shortly.

-Tom

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here