Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: passiflora edulis, liatris, coneflower 'milkshake'

Posted by kitteh 6 ohio (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 24, 14 at 15:40

I'd like to find seeds for them or others in my list. I've got mostly flowers to trade and a few herbs.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: passiflora edulis, liatris, coneflower 'milkshake'

If you have Dollar General stores in your area they usually sell liatris bulbs in the spring. Usually 10 for $2.50. I admire you for wanting seeds. They take about 5 years to bloom. You might consider both bulbs and seeds! Just wanted to pass that along.
Heidi in Nebraska

o

I didn't know they took that long, I did start one from seed last year but I thought it was just being a runt. I never found this type at the dollar stores, but I might buy the bulbs instead then, want them for native butterflies

o

• Posted by kchd 7b Mississippi (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 25, 14 at 20:10

kitteh, I grew Liatris aspera, L. pycnostachya, and L. spicata from seed. I winter sowed them in January. All 3 bloomed their 2nd year.

I will look at your trade list. :)

o

Do any of the following interest you:

Pepper - Red Bell
Pepper - Yellow Bell
Tomato - Beefsteak (2012)
Native Flower - New York Ironweed (V. noveboracensis)
Native Flower - Purple Coneflower (E. purpurea)
Native Flower - Common Milkweed (A. syriaca)
Native Flower - Blackeyed Susans (mixed)

I'm interested in the country gentleman corn and the opal basil. My email is ajd1221@live.com (and I think we've traded before within the last few months).

Adam

o

Hi kitteh, if you still need herb seeds, I have a swap going on called Spring Forward Vine & Herb Swap. A lot of what you need is coming in and we would love to see you there. Don't worry if you don't have the 25 packs, just send in what you have if you are interested.

Stacy

Here is a link that might be useful: Spring Forward Vine & Herb Swap

o

Hi, sent you an email.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here