Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

Special Instructions for Exchanges:-Please Read!

Because the Garden Web link to the Special Instructions is malfunctioning, I have posted them below.

Special Instructions for Exchanges:

* This area is for the purpose of exchanging seeds or plants of the type covered by this forum.

* The exchanges were created to facilitate the arranging of trades of plants and seeds between members. Please do not use them to solicit donations, ask for free plants or seeds, or ask for items in exchange for postage. All requests must be in the context of arranging a trade. If you have nothing to offer at this time, please wait until you do.

If you do not have anything to trade at this time, you are however welcome to respond to the many generous 'offers' of seeds for postage. These can be found by looking for posts that say seeds are available for sase, sasbe, beap, free, newbies, etc. Some posts will state that they are looking for trades, but will also consider sending seeds for postage.

* All exchanges are restricted to users from a particular country, region or state. If it isn't indicated otherwise, the exchange is restricted to residents of the U.S. To find an exchange for your location, check the exchange index.

Click here for the Exchange Index. There is also a link to the Other Exchanges at the top of page one here on The Seed Exchange.

* Each post must have a type of trade, subject and a message.

Seeds for postage offers are also permitted, ie BEAP, SASBE, SASE, free, etc

* Trading is done at user's discretion. Garden Web has no control or responsibility over trades arranged here. Keep in mind some traders may let you down, so it might be wise to keep your initial trade with someone limited to smaller items.

Before arranging a trade, you may want to check for reviews on the member at The Rate and Review Forum. To search the forum for the member's review, use the Search box found just below the list of threads on the main forum page (page 1).

* Messages addressed to or meant for particular users should be sent via email and are not allowed in the exchanges.

If for some reason you are not able to reach a member, ie emails are bouncing, emails are not being responded to, or you have lost the member's email address and they have no email link, you can make a post looking for the member on the Conversation side of the forum. A link to (off topic) Conversations can be found at the top of the list of threads here on the main page (page 1) on the Discussion (Exchange) side. Often other members will be experiencing the same problems, or can share what information they have about the members whereabouts....ie sickness, family emergency, on vacation, computer problems, etc.

* If you have trouble with another person coming through with their end of a trade, you must deal with it privately. It is the consensus of the forum users that this type of thing be kept out of our forums. Any public accusation in this forum, or elsewhere at GardenWeb, will result in the accuser being banned.

* To avoid problems when shipping across borders and some state lines, it is best to ship plants bare-rooted and to label the container as such. It is up to the users involved to determine what is legal and what is not.

* This forum is for the purpose of exchanging material, there should be no need to mention money in any postings. If money is mentioned, the posting will be considered an advertisement and the poster will be banned.

* Trading of patented material is unlawful and is strictly forbidden.

###########################################################################

Once this thread slips from the top of page one, everyone is cordially invited to help at keeping it bumped back up to the top of the page.

Thank you.

There will later be some discussion for additional information being added to the last 4 items on the Special Instructions.

Be watching for them and your input it welcomed.

Comments (150)

• zone10garden
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Ok, so, i guess i will quit complaining & resign myself to the fact that this is the risk you take here with trades. I finally did get the Seeds from one gal, after a long time & alot of e mails, with the plant trade, ( which i will never do again ), the lady finally sent a messege this morning saying she will be shipping today, we will see if that happens.

From now on, i will have to have guidlines posted in my trade listings, it is a shame that serious gardeners here have to do this, i have seen others list theirs in "Red" which shows that they are fed up as well.

• weetoots
    15 years ago

You can speak to a postal inspector. Fraud is fraud. How about a local TV staion, maybe they can do a story? If it is called a Bubble Envelope and they say it is a package, ask them the definition of "envelope". Civil servants! What happened to the customer is always right. I am sure glad we have email and electronic bill pay.

Al

• zone10garden
    15 years ago

Ummmm, Ok, Al, can i direct you back to the drama bus, i think they still have green beer, lol ^^^^^^^^

• chrizty
    15 years ago
  • Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    Original Author
    15 years ago

back to the top half of page one. It is being missed.

Original Author
    15 years ago

To the top! I'll redo this post sometime here shortly since it is getting long, and will include numerous links to informational threads.

Original Author
    15 years ago

bump...clear back on page 2...YIKES!

Original Author
    15 years ago

zzzzzzzzzzzz

Original Author
    15 years ago

to the top 1/2!

• raven08603
    15 years ago

Bump bump

Original Author
    15 years ago

to the top 1/2.

• ummyusuf
    15 years ago

"Seeds for postage offers are also permitted, ie BEAP, SASBE, SASE, free, etc"
    Hello,
    New Here
    What does BEAP and SASBE stand for?

Original Author
    15 years ago

What does BEAP and SASBE stand for?
    BEAP stand for Bubble Envelope and Postage.

SASBE stand for a Self Addressed Stamped Bubble Envelope.
    It is not actually a sasbe though as only one envelope is used and included inside of it is the return postage, and an address label with one's return address, along with whatver the offering members asks....ie your GW name, and a not of seeds listed that are being requested, etc. The member does not send a self addressed stamped bubble envelope.

This thread explains it some...sase-sasbe is NOT a self addressed envelope-bubble or otherwise

hth.

Sue

Original Author
    15 years ago

to the top half

Original Author
    15 years ago

to the top 1/2.

Original Author
    15 years ago

being missed...back to the top

• jolmos
    15 years ago

bump...

Original Author
    15 years ago

zzzzzzzzzzzz

Original Author
    15 years ago

zip...really need to get a new one started...with links to helpful stuff...sigh

Original Author
    14 years ago

zip

Original Author
    14 years ago

zip...being missed

Original Author
    14 years ago

zip

Original Author
    14 years ago

to the top

Original Author
    14 years ago

lots of newbies today!

Original Author
    14 years ago

missed being seen and/or read 4 times today...sure wish they would get the link fixed.

Original Author
    14 years ago

to the top

Original Author
    14 years ago

zzzzzzzzzzz

Original Author
    14 years ago

to the top

Original Author
    14 years ago

zip

Original Author
    14 years ago

zip to the top 1/2...being missed by many it seems...sigh

Original Author
    14 years ago

to the top 1/2

• littleonefb
    14 years ago

Rescued from Page 2.

Newbies missing this all the time now.

Fran

Original Author
    14 years ago

to the top...was on page 2 again...sigh

Original Author
    14 years ago

to the top for our newbies

• littleonefb
    14 years ago

Back to the top

NEWBIES PLEASE READ

• josh09
    14 years ago

to the top

• countrycarolyn
    14 years ago

I am a newbie and I read lol.

• countrycarolyn
    14 years ago

bump

• countrycarolyn
    14 years ago

I just wanted to say I am a newbie and I really enjoy this forum. I love seeds and I love starting plants from seeds. I want to learn more. I have made my first sasbe transaction its in route now and my first trade is in the mailbox now. I am really glad this post gave me a few answers about the "SASBE" and "BEAP" I felt stupid when I first started to ask someone what does that mean and what in the world is a bubble envelope lol. I guess everyone has to start somewhere we dont all start off knowing everything bout everything. lol shame is I dont end up like that either lol. Anywho back to the top.

• littleonefb
    14 years ago

countrycarolyn, don't ever feel "stupid". When in doubt ask a question.

I was once in your shoes, 6 years ago to be exact, and I didn't know what in the world I was doing either. I sat here for 2 days trying to figure out how to send a bubble envelope for SASBE.

Then I remembered what my grandpa used to say. "the only stupid questions, is the question not asked." That got me to send an e-mail to the member and ask.
    She was so nice and explained it to me. I was off and running after that and haven't stopped yet.

Since you love starting plants from seeds. why not check out the wintersowing forum. That will really get you hooked on seeds and sowing seeds.

Fran

Here is a link that might be useful: Winter Sowing Forum

Original Author
    14 years ago

Beware newbies! There are a lot of enablers here on this forum.

• littleonefb
    14 years ago

Well if it isn't "our own RRB" posting again.

Hey Sue, funny post. As if you aren't one of those enablers too.

Fran

• littleonefb
    14 years ago

Well if it isn't "our own RRB" posting again.

Hey Sue, funny post. As if you aren't one of those enablers too.

Fran

• countrycarolyn
    14 years ago

LOL great I am glad you guys are so helpful and commical at the same time. Ok since this post seems to be hitting newbies heres one that I have been so wondering whats the proper way to send a bare root?

I think I got the bubbler down FINALLY, took me only an hour in the post office lol.

The wintersowing forum that sounds like a good one, right up my alley. I would prefer to deal with seed rather than plants. Though I have a few beuties I am trying to see if the seed will be true so for right now all I have is the plant.

I know I asked a question in the middle of a post but I am sure other newbies reading this post will hopefully see this part of the question, and hopefully get an answer and also helps bump up the post. So I wasnt asking to be rude.

Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Countrycarolyn,

hmmm...it really depends upon what you are sending bare root, and where you are located (state) and where the other member is (state), and what time of year it is, and what maybe members prefer and agree to.

That is one reason why I always encourage members to put their state location in the one box provided for the garden zone. See, I am zone 5/6 S IN

I suggest you ask on the Conversation side of the forum, and there will hopefully be several who will see it and give you their take on things. The link to (off topic) Conversations is found just above the list of threads here on page one of the Seed Exchange. I think that would be the best place to be seen, as Conversations on the Plant Exchange doesn't seem to get as much traffic.

Sue...resident busy body

• countrycarolyn
    14 years ago

Thankyou Sue, I checked it out and didnt even need to post the question. Remy had foresight and put together a great demo. Carolyn

bump :d

• countrycarolyn
    14 years ago

bump :)

Original Author
    14 years ago

to the top 1/2

• dawiff
    14 years ago

Judas Priest, Noobs! Read this fricking post!

• littleonefb
    14 years ago

Caught it just in time, about to hit page 2.

OK NEWBIES, PLEASE READ THIS POST.

FRAN

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida