Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SESE or Trade Heirloom Blue Dent Corn

Posted by theodosia 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 15, 10 at 19:48

I have a limited amount of an open-pollinated blue field corn (Johnny Dewlen Blue Dent). It grows relatively tall (usually twelve plus feet), has one, or occasionally two, large ears, and is an attractive dark blue color. I find that it makes some of best blue cornbread around. As it is a "pet project" of mine, I would appreciate feedback from you after growing it. Thanks.

1. SESE
2. Will trade for various cornfield or other heirloom beans or annual flowers good for cutting.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SESE or Trade Heirloom Blue Dent Corn

I would like to try some if you still have any. I have some things I can might be able to trade you. Please let me know.
Thanks,
Holly

o

Hi! I am interested in your Heirloom Blue Dent Corn seeds...we've grown corn the last 2 years and would like to try this unusual variety...have seeds to trade or will send a SASE, if you want. Thanks!

o

i would LOVE some of your corn to try! i have zinnia and black hollyhock, pink moonvine, japanese morning glory, 4 oclock and some veggies- sorgam broom corn, and huge sunflower.

plmk!Jennifer

o

If I'm not to late I would adore some corn seeds.I'm sorry, I don't have anything to trade.But I'm happy send SASE.
Thank you so much,this is one I wanted to try, I saw a vid at utude showing it ground for cornmeal.I grew up having cornbread almost every meal.So it kinda got me going
Thanks a million,
Gwen

o

Hi,

If still available, I would like to get some of your corn seeds. I could send you a SASE. I have luffa seeds if you would like some. Thanks, Judy

o
Address for Sending Seed

I still have some of the seed available. To those I have not yet contacted, "I am having difficulty getting the gardenweb email feature to work. I keep getting an error message." I will keep trying."

o

Hi, Please e-mail me at jdbrown@wfubmc.edu
Thanks, Judy

o
Email for Corn

You may contact me at the following email address, if you are interested in the corn:

theodosiasgarden@yahoo.com

Thanks...

o

I am also interested in the blue dent corn. I Have a Ton of field corn kernels, some from the Pennsylvania Dutch. If you would like to trade send me an email.

Thanks
Ben

o

I'm interested if you still have some available. I have flower seeds and heirloom tomatoes.

Denise

o

still got some corn? what ru looking for?

o

Gwen49, I don't have any way to contact you. If you are still interested in the corn, let me know through gardenweb, or at the above listed email address.

Thanks

o

Is there a chance that I could send a SASE? Thanks.

o

I have some heirloom Tiger Eye beans that grow wonderfully. I'd love to trade them with you! Please email Strawberria@gmail.com

o

Sending you an email! :)

o

I am so sorry,I just found out today my email wasn't showing. My fault, apparently forgot the save button.I thought I had already sent you an envelope,just sent the grandson to the mailbox to look for the seeds,LOL
If you still have them I will get an envelope in the mail ASAP.
If not,It's my own fault.
At least now I have a few things on my trade list if you want to take a peek.
Thank you so much.
Gwen

o

Tom, I am still waiting for your end of the trade to arrive. Email me please.

Denise

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here