Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Looking for bees plant Phacelia tanacetifolia

Posted by buturfliis_mom z5chicago (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 17, 14 at 10:21

Looking for Phacelia tanacetifolia.

I heard it is a great plant to attract bees ...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Looking for bees plant Phacelia tanacetifolia

I don't have that, but I do have lots of vitex negundo which feed the bees from early Summer thru first frost..Post or email if interested in any of hem.Thanks!

o

Thank you for the offer but looks like that plant is not hardy in my zone... After this winter, I am hesitant to try anything pushing the zones since we hit colder than we should have been in zone 5b...

Thanks again for the offer...

o

• Posted by kchd 7b Mississippi (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 17, 14 at 20:04

buturfliis_mom, I had to go look that one up. What a crazy, amazing looking plant! I was even more amazed at it's native distribution, which is quite scatters across the US. Interesting.

Well, I don't have seeds of it, but I do have seeds of other species loved by bees. Let me know if you are interested.

o

Thank you Katie for your offer but I am looking for this plant for a friend.
I had never heard of it either but I am curious about it. I look forward to seeing it in a garden.

By the way, It is amazing how much energy you put into the milkweed adoption thread. Thank you so much for doing that.

o

I have seeds of this plant I think. I'd have to double check my seed inventory first.

I'll get back to you in a bit!

o

I'm sorry... I don't have anymore :( I must have traded them all away. I planted some last year and they grew but never bloomed so I couldn't collect more seeds.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here