Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wanted: wanted: se asian herbs and veggies!

Posted by shichahn 7b (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 2, 13 at 12:46

Hey all, I'm relatively new to herb and vegetable gardening and have begun in earnest after moving to Arkansas for graduate school, where a lot of the produce I'm used to getting at home just isn't available. It's likely that the few things I have to trade aren't anything that people who have what's on my wishlist don't already grow, but if you're interested, or willing to send some things for an SASE, please let me know!

I'm especially looking for the following:

Kaffir lime seeds
Curry plant seeds (Murraya koenigii)
Chinese water spinach*
Thai eggplant

*I know this plant is listed as a noxious weed, however it is legal in Arkansas to obtain and grow for personal consumption. I promise if anyone has seeds or cuttings that I will not use them for commercial purposes. They will be planted in containers only, so as to keep it from spreading elsewhere.

Many thanks if you are able to help me out!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wanted: wanted: se asian herbs and veggies!

To smallfern: I can't seem to get the email form to work for me to reply to your question. However, yes, the Thai eggplants I am thinking of are the small green ones that seem to grow from grape to chicken egg-sized - though really I would be happy to trade for most Asian varieties. :)

o
RE: wanted: wanted: se asian herbs and veggies!

I have the same problem in communicating with smallfern.

Hi smallfern,

Thank you very much for reading my post and for your email, I am looking forward to communicating with you, but your member page was set up not allow others to reply because you don't allow other members to see your email address and didn't select "Allow other users to send you email via forms at our site".. Could you please modify your profile page so I can send you email? Thank you.

Jane_Rain

P.S. Yes, baby bok choy means Xio Pai Cai (literally translated to Small White Veg).

This post was edited by Jane_Rain on Tue, Mar 19, 13 at 19:29

o
RE:se asian herbs and veggies!

I too am looking for the kaffir lime seedling or plant or cutting,seed will just take too long to grow and I use this plant every month for my tom yom soup or thai/laos soup.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here