Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
realbusy

WANTED: wiped out by sandy.... seeds for trade...

realbusy
11 years ago

Hi gang, I live in Middlesex County NJ, one of the worst hit areas. Many plants,trees in my yard were ruined. So I'd ask you to look at my want list and my have list for trade to replenish somewhat to it's former glory, I need especially flowers. ...I ALSO WOULD LIKE YOU TO KNOW THAT ALL MY EXTRA SEEDS RECEIVED WILL BE DISTRIBUTED TO MY OWN GARDEN CLUB,Terra Nova OF EDISON, NJ ,then passed to our "worse off" clubs especially district 8 (Shore area)... Some of our sister garden clubs here in NJ suffered devastating losses in their publically kept gardens for all to enjoy.(They basically just got washed away.)

Please e-mail me or look at my profile/member page to see what I have available and what I need.. thanks... for further info....(P.S. The photo is of Sunset Park Garden in Ship Bottom, NJ on LBI,BEFORE this all happened :( This area was maintained by the GC of Long Beach Island I beleive)

Comments (12)

• graanieb
    11 years ago

Hi Realbusy, sorry to hear it, beautiful scenery hopefully will be rebuild soon, great of you to help...understand you, I've been in a similar situation, back in Camille when all was wiped out and some in Katrina..with everyone pitching in it can be renovated, as long as all are doing well. I've plenty of some seeds, let me know, may be we can trade but will be glad to send you large envelope of my mix for stamps, let me know and best wishes,

GraanieB-Bea

• realbusy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Graanie-B,

Tried to e-mail you but it came back so I'll post here.. First of all, thanks for responding..I know Camille as my sis used to live in Long Beach MS, (Gulf coast)...

Our own (Terra Nova's own Gloria D.) member Gloria has volunteered to chair this "Sandy" project for the GardenClub of NJ. We are very proud of that. It is going to be ALOT of work...I am just doing this little seed/plant exchange thing on my own (If I get any extras)to present to Glor to give when they have the next "Sandy" restoration committee meeting at GCNJ next month.!!

Let me know what you have to trade, thanks for responding!! HaPPY PLANTING!!

Jean PIZ! Vice President, Terra Nova Garden Club of EDISON, NJ

http://www.freewebs.com/terranovagardenclub/

• socalgardengal
    11 years ago

Hi realbusy, I emailed you but just in case you don't receive it please email me

• realbusy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

SocalGG, You rock! I e-ed you back I hope you get it..LMK...

• zzackey
    11 years ago

My hubby and I boarded up and gutted out 3 hurricanes in 2004-2005 in Vero Beach, Fl. Didn't get anywhere near the damage as you guys did. I can offer a few seeds for a SASBE.

• beachwreck
    11 years ago

Hi realbusy, I sent you an email, let me know if you don't get it.

• realbusy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I want to thank everyone for their kindness and responses!!! and overwhelming support for our sister-shore clubs!! I will reply just as soon as I can.
    Jean Piz! Terra Nova , V.P.

• realbusy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Again, family emergency....will reply to all those responding by Friday. Happy Easter/ Passover to everyone!! Thanks again for your responses!! JP

• realbusy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi again, thanks for replying once again, I'm FINALLY able to respond back. The response here on this post and to my private e-mail has been overwhelming to say the least but in a GREAT way!! (Thanks!).... I will find out from our treasurer if our club will pay for postage. We have received so many replys that I personally cannot provide SASE's to all requesting to help out with this (without having to get a second job -hehehe!)...but our club may be able to do so. Please, make sure anything you are sending is compatable to the NJ Shore growing region 6B...also is a non-invasive to NJ and not on the Invasive species plant list....Please advise how much postage you would be requesting..... if approved, the seeds maybe sent to:

Jean PIZ, Terra Nova V.P.
    66 Spring Street
    Edison, NJ 08820

Thank you again so much for you help with this and I would again remind you that...ALL SEEDS RECEIVED WILL BE DISTRIBUTED TO MY OWN GARDEN CLUB,Terra Nova OF EDISON, NJ ,then passed to our "worse off" clubs especially district 8 (Shore area)... Some of our sister garden clubs here in NJ suffered devastating losses in their publically kept gardens for all to enjoy.(They basically just got washed away.)

Our own (Terra Nova's own Gloria D.) member Gloria has volunteered to chair this "Sandy" project for the GardenClub of New Jersey. We are very proud of that. I think they're all doing it already ... I am just doing this little seed/plant exchange thing on my own to present to Glor to give when they have the next committee meeting at GCNJ!! Happy Easter. Happy Passover, Happy Spring and Happy Planting my friends!!!

Realbusy on GW

• realbusy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you so much to all of you w have sent seeds already to beauify these hard hit areas!! I still have seeds for trade to obtain more, please look at my list and contact me, Happy April!! Happy Planting!!

Jean PIZ, TNGC Vice-Pres.....Edison, NJ

• realbusy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Christine..SOCALGARDENGAL, what can I say? Received yesterdays mail the tons of flower seeds you have sent to help the devastated shore area. They will be given to Gloria D. the Chair for Garden Club of New Jersey's Sandy relief program. I will ask her to distribute to District 8 (Shore Region area) clubs who will be told to plant these in PUBLIC AREAS for all to see and serve as a beacon of hope and renewal. God Bless you for your generosity. If I can get a picture over the next few months, I will surely send it along to you.
    Thanks again! YOU ROCK!

Jean PIZ! Vice-President, Terra Nova Garden Club
    Edison, NJ

• socalgardengal
    11 years ago

You're welcome, glad I could help :)

Sponsored