Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Climbing sunflower

Posted by posieh 3 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 11, 12 at 17:47

Years ago someone in Great Britian sent me "Climbing Sunflower" seeds. I didn't get them to grow and never really identified them. Has anyone heard of such a plant?
They looked like very small sunflower seeds.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Climbing sunflower

Possibly the black eye susan vine(google it)and find more info

o

Black-eyed Susan Vine (Thunbergia alata) seeds don't resemble sunflower seeds---they're little round seeds with a dimple in one end.

o

It might be helianthus debilis, AKA beach sunflower. It's supposed to be a scrambling sort of plant, but I have no idea what the seeds look like!

o

Thanks. I'll check those out.

o

I would love to have some of these seeds..for postage or sase

o

Me too! For a trade. Please let me know what you want, I might have it. Too dizzy to update my trade list now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here