Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mskee_gw

HAVE: Yvonne's Salvia Seed offer

mskee
17 years ago

Hi all,

I have 9 packages of Yvonne's Salvia seed, from my 2006 harvest. Is anyone here interested in them? I know some people have already received/harvested some, but, wanted to let others on this forum know that I have some extra.

If you want one of these packages, let me know, and I'll mail them off to you...you just have to send me enough postage to cover the return trip to you, and a note to Yvonne about you, your seeds, your garden, whatever...

This is me, with my plants last year:

{{gwi:61392}}

And here is the original picture of Yvonne and her husband Sam (who died this past November), taken in August 2004.

{{gwi:61393}}

Emily

Comments (52)

• icb_47933
    17 years ago

I would love to try some. The pic is amazing. Email me your addy please. Thanks
    Ida

• graanieb
    17 years ago

Hi Emily, thank you for posting, I've been looking for more of these beautiful flowers, sending you email.

Bea

• vickers501
    17 years ago

Hi Emily,

It would make me so happy to keep these beautiful flowers growing. I am sending you an email now.

Thanks in advance,
    Dawn

• jody_z8_sc
    17 years ago

Love the pictures, and I would love some of this seed to keep the salvia growing! I'll send you a separate email. Thanks so much for sharing!

Jody

• msbernard
    17 years ago

I also would like to receive a pkt of the awesome salvia. I'll email w/ my info. Thanks... Sherry

Here is a link that might be useful: msbernard's trade page

• roses_more_roses
    17 years ago

Hi Emily,
    I would love some, sending you an email.
    Thanks,
    Diana

• daisy522
    17 years ago

Please add me to the list!! I'd love that beautiful Yvonne's Salvia in my yard!
    Linda
    Daisy522@aol.com

• butterflyman
    17 years ago

Truly amazing pictures.
    If you have a package left, I'd like to give them a try.
    Just send me your address.

Thanks

Tom Terrific
    www.butterflygardening.org

• oknish
    17 years ago

Hi: If you have any left, I would like to try it.
    Thanks OrDella

• Patriz
    17 years ago

Just mentioning........Yvonne's salvia really does get that big! Mine grew to 5 feet and attracted hummingbirds. My Y. salvia is just popping up from seeds under lights now for this season.
    Big and beautiful plants :)

• bean_pod
    17 years ago

Hi...the pictures were great! If you still have any of these seeds left I would love to have some. PLMK
    Deb
    roxie@netdoor.com

• flowerchild5
    17 years ago

I would absalutally love to have some of that!!
    email me please!!!
    Tanya

• barbcoleus
    17 years ago

I would love to have some seeds if there are any left. Please let me know what to do.
    Thanks and God Bless You
    Barb

• glorybee
    17 years ago

Would love to try these for the hummingbirds !
    Thanks,
    Heidi

• dees
    17 years ago

I would love some if you happen to have any left...paleees!!

• jellybean2006
    17 years ago

If you have any more i would like to try some
    Thank you
    Mildred

• sher03
    17 years ago

I really enjoyed the pictures! WOW, the plant is just amazing. If you have any extras, I'd love to put these in my garden. Thanks, Sherri

• heirloomkeepsakes
    17 years ago

I guess I'm too late??????. Better ask-------just maybe you'd have some. LOVE RED!!!! Have a blessed Sunday and week and month and Year. Maybe next year (if not this year). THANKS FOR THE PICTURES!! Linda

• pupper
    16 years ago

i apologize for bringing up an old thread.

but if anyone has some seeds that would be willing to share, i would appreciate it.

i will pay for the shipping.

thank you

• gwenfisher
    16 years ago

Wow! Have heard so much about these.. would love some if available. Would be glad to pay for shipping.

Thank you...

• maemae0312
    16 years ago

If there are enough seeds I would love to have some. this plant looks amazing.

Mary

• cathys1951
    16 years ago

I too love the red plants and anything for the hummingbirds. If you have any left I would love to try these in my yard.
    Cathy

• wcgypsy
    16 years ago

I think it looks as though there are a lot of us hoping that you'll save seed from this year's flowers also. I'll have various salvia seed to trade in a couple of months from new varieties I've just planted.
    Sherry

• mskee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sherry,
    Yes, I will be saving seeds again...there has been a renewed interest since the article in "Birds N Blooms!"

My plants are growing well...almost 3 feet tall now. In a couple of months, I will be offering up the first batches of seeds. I usually offer first on the yahoo group for Yvonne's salvia...then on the GW forums. I know there are also other people out there who grow this plant and collect the seeds for trading...I have seen them offer on this forum.

Hang in there...more seeds will be coming!

Emily

• evacaplan_gmail_com
    16 years ago

I would love to have some of Yvonne's salvia seeds! Please tell me what I need to do to receive them..I would like to save seeds for others in the future.

Eva Caplan
    evacaplan@gmail.com

• banneracres
    16 years ago

I know I'm late, but if you have any seeds left, I would LOVE to have what ever you can spare. I have been looking for a really red salvia to start a red hummingbird garden. So, you can imagine my surprise and excitement when I saw the article in Bird's & Blooms!
    Just let me know how to send you postage and the information you need for mailing.

Your photo is gorgeous!

Thank you so much,
    Debra

• trufflesmomm
    16 years ago

If there are any seeds left, I would Love to have some as well. If not, I'd appreciate being on a list to get seeds for next year.

I'll send you my info, thanks.

Pam

• gardengloves07
    16 years ago

Bet you never expected this much response! I was so excited to see that you had this beautiful plant. I would love to have some seeds whenever it may be possible. Thanks much for posting! paula

• nance
    16 years ago

Hi Emily,
    So happy to run across this posting since my Yvonne's Salvia flooded and never came up. I would be so pleased with some seeds if possible.
    Nancy

• jcadet
    16 years ago

Hey Me too if it's not too late.
    John

• zenniagirl
    16 years ago

I would love to get some of your giant red salvia seed.Email me to let me know if you have any left.
    alicer1945@yahoo.com

• aggscott
    16 years ago

I just read the article in Birds and Blooms and I would love to plant this special ladies Salvia-If you have any seeds to send I'll send a SASE for them~**

aggscott105@gmail.com

Thanks!
    Aggie

• proudgm_03
    16 years ago

I would love some of the salvia seed also if you have some left. I had no idea salvia could get so big. Must be a huge hummingbird attraction. Thanks.

• bunchie
    16 years ago

I to would love some seeds when you collect some in a few months.They are so pretty and full of life. Huge and would like to spread them around also.Thank you .

• ashbug1999
    16 years ago

My grandmother has been looking for some seeds and has been unsuccessful. If you have any or will be getting some please let me know. Thank you.

• sfausey
    16 years ago

I would love to have some of Yvonne's salvia seeds, they would make a wonderful addition to my hummingbird garden. I currently grow a red perennail version that reseeds itself every year, they grow about 4 feet tall but not near as full as Yvonne's. Just tell me where to send the postage for the return trip and I'd be more then happy to pay for the seeds.

• constance67
    16 years ago

My mother has been looking for these seeds and asked me to search online. If anyone has any spare ones, please email me. Let me know the cost and it'll be in the mail or paypal'd to you on the same day.

Thank you so much!

• jennid
    16 years ago

Would love some am I too late, It is truely beautiful
    Let me know the cost Thank you jennid

• sfausey
    16 years ago

I have some wonderful pure white hhibiscus seeds to trade, the blooms are about 9 inches across

• kal2002
    16 years ago

I, too, would love to have some of Yvonne's salvia seeds if you have any left. Thanks.

• barbcoleus
    16 years ago

I hope I'm not too late to get some of these seeds. Let me know what you want. Seeds? SASE
    Thanks and God Bless

• rainbowa_bellsouth_net
    15 years ago

Hi
    If anyone has any of Yvonne's Salvia seeds that they could share please e-mail me. rainbowa@bellsouth.net
    I'd be glad to send a SASE.
    Thank you & God bless you!!!!
    Kathy

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

I've heard so much about Yvonne's salvia but I never had a source. I would love to help carry on this legacy. Please, please, if anyone has seeds let me know and I'll send postage or offer a trade. Nikki nneel228@yahoo.com

• tina_2
    15 years ago

Hi Emily - I would love some. Thank you. tina_2

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Hi Emily,
    I know this is an olddd post, but I am hoping you still might have some seeds to share? I would love to grow these in our garden and tell the story of them to friends!

Please let me know,
    Thanks!
    Wendy

• ptp813
    15 years ago

I'd like some too. :-) Thanks, Pam

• lisa_neenah
    15 years ago

I know this is an old post. I just recently found out about this type of salvia and would love seed if you have available. I have a short trade list (fairly new to gardening).

• freshair2townsquare
    15 years ago

If seeds are still available, I'd love some as well.
    ~ Amy

• lysa39
    15 years ago

Hi
    If you have seeds again this year or from last year I would love some. I can trade or do sasbe.There are so pretty.

If anyone elso has these seeds left over please email me.
    Thanks so much

• mdsozark
    15 years ago

If there are any seeds available this year, I would love to get some either by trade or SASBE. Thanks.
    Michelle