Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ourhappyhome1

have: have - melons for sasbe

ourhappyhome
11 years ago

Hello all,

I too am cleaning out my seed box. I have a small garden and insufficient space for all the melons I have collected. If you are interested, please POST YOUR LIST BELOW THEN EMAIL ME your name and address. List your first, second and third choice. I will send 2 or 3 packets per person for SASBE.

Each packet contains 8 - 10 seeds. Just let me know what you want, and I will post a message when the seeds are all gone. Also, be aware the seeds are dated 2007 to 2010 and some are from trades so I cannot guarantee viability. They should be fine though since most are commercial.

THIS OFFER ENDS ON THURSDAY, MARCH 28. Thursday is the last day. Seeds will be shipped out on Saturday.

April

Honey rock 2x
Hales best jumbo 4x
Amy melon 4x
Rocky Ford Green Flesh 4x
Canoe creek 2x
Cool green honeydew 4x
Hollybrook luscious (2 x 6 seeds per pkt)
Jenny Lind 1x
Sweet granite 2x
Black diamond watermelon 4x
Giant cantaloupe 1x
Swan lake (2 x 6 seeds per pkt)
Little sweetie 4x

Comments (27)

• itzybitzy_gw
    11 years ago

Hi there,thanks so much for the offer,I know I would love to get the Jenny Lynn Melon,will email you with the list:-)

• itzybitzy_gw
    11 years ago

Hi there,thanks so much for the offer,I know I would love to get the Jenny Lynn Melon,will email you with the list:-)

• itzybitzy_gw
    11 years ago

Here is:

Jenny Lind
    Swan Lake
    Little sweetie:)

• ourhappyhome
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks itzybitzy

• bwaynef
    11 years ago

Thanks for your generosity. If the list below is available I'd love to give them a try:

Amy
    Little Sweetie
    Rocky Ford Green Flesh

• Matt (zone 7)
    11 years ago

I'm interested in these:

Cool green honeydew
    Hollybrook luscious
    Black diamond watermelon

Emailing you now...

• ourhappyhome
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Plenty of seeds left!

• peony13
    11 years ago

i would like try all the different seeds. nice of you to share, need your address

• craftie2
    11 years ago

Hi I would like
    1.Black diamond watermelon
    2Little sweetie
    3.Rocky Ford Green Flesh

thank you
    margie

• ourhappyhome
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hello Peony13,
    You may want to read the introduction above. I still have lots of seeds available to send but only a few would do well in zone 5 since melons are a warm weather crop. I would image you also have a fairly short growing season? If so, I recommend sweet granite which was developed for northern climates, Amy, little sweetie and Jenny Lind.

• ourhappyhome
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here's what I have left

Honey rock 2
    Hales best jumbo 4
    Amy 1
    Rocky ford green 2
    Canoe creek colossal 2
    Cool green 2
    Hollybrook luscious 1
    Jenny Lind 1
    Sweet granite 1
    Black diamond 1
    Giant cantaloupe 1
    Swan lake 1
    Little sweetie 1

• JAvery07
    11 years ago

I would like:
    Black diamond
    Hollybrooke luscious
    little sweetie
    Thank you for your generosity if you do not have those left suprise me! :) Pls let me know.

• ourhappyhome
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Happy Good Friday to all who believe!

I know it's past our Thursday deadline, but I had hoped all seeds would be gone by now. I will extend the deadline another day. If there are any seeds left aftter today, I will send the extras to those who have already signed up.

Honey rock 2
    Hales best 4
    Rock ford green 1
    Canoe creek 2
    Cool green 1
    Jenny Lind 1
    Giant 1
    Swan lake 1

• ourhappyhome
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I was holding the following for Peony13 who has not responded or emailed. These are also available

Amy
    Sweet granite

1 of each

• LullabyF360
    11 years ago

Email sent :)

• ourhappyhome
    Original Author
    11 years ago

A few of you have asked if there is anything I'd like in exchange for the melon seeds. That is very considerate of you but I am not hoping for anything In return. That said, if you have one of these and would like to share, I would certainly not say no. There are 3 things that I have been looking for on this forum: walking onions, fortex pole bean and tomato Indian Stripe. I would absolutely love to find one of these items. But again, this is not my reason for making this offer. Thanks to all who have asked.

April

• JAvery07
    11 years ago

I sent you an email with my address and name, but I never got a response of your address. If you could pls send me an email with your address to send an envelope. :)

• ourhappyhome
    Original Author
    11 years ago

You are right JAvery. I responded but the message originated from Gardenweb. I need a message for you personal email, so I may reply with my personal information. Thanks for following up.

• JAvery07
    11 years ago

Ok I sent you a private message with my personal email. Looking forward to hearing from you. Also it will be Tuesday before I can send out an envelope because our post office is closed now.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    11 years ago

JAvery07,

You have your GW email set to show to NONE. In order for folks to be able to reply when you email via GW, you need to set it to show to "MEMBERS".

They will then be able to reply and have the info in one 'running' email.

hth

Sue...rbb

Your email addy will not be shown in posts, or to any non members.

Here is a link that might be useful: Update on this form.

• ourhappyhome
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks chemocurl. I sent a reply to your email.

JAvery, did you get my email?

• JAvery07
    11 years ago

Yes I did thank you! :)

• JAvery07
    11 years ago

Yes I did thank you! :)

• JAvery07
    11 years ago

I got my email changed to members... thank you

• ourhappyhome
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Still waiting for SASBE's.

• ourhappyhome
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Itzy, please go to your member page and change email to MEMBERS. Currently, it is set to prevent emails. I have sent you at least 6 emails, including a test message. Your emails to me include this statement:

PLEASE NOTE: The member responding to your post has chosen not to reveal his or her email address. Therefore, you cannot reply to this message via email.

Thanks!

• itzybitzy_gw
    11 years ago

I don't understand what happened?, I have it set that way,going to email you directly from my account not thru GW,see if that works.

Itzel.

Sponsored