Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Pineapple Sage / Salvia elegans

Posted by EricaBraun 9 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 5, 14 at 20:15

This plant has grown for many years in my yard. It is currently about 6' tall (would probably be taller if I didn't keep it pruned a couple times a year). It has beautiful blooms pretty much all year round here in zone 9. Hummingbirds love this plant. I see them taking nectar nearly every day. And it's not just good for the hummingbirds! The leaves smell marvelous when crushed and make a great tea.

Harvested from my garden. I use only organic practices. I never employ the use of herbicides or pesticides. Due to the difficulty of harvesting sage seeds, they may contain some chaff. Seed packs will contain a minimum of 20 seeds.

I am currently seeking herbs and veggies. Please take a look at my trade list for a detailed breakdown of the seeds I am in search of. Let's trade!

And finally, here is some useful information from Wikipedia: The leaves and flowers of S. elegans are edible.The plant is extensively used in Mexican traditional medicine, especially for the treatment of anxiety, and also for lowering of blood pressure. Although scientific information about these medicinal properties is scarce, a preliminary study on mice found support for the plant potentially having antidepressant and antianxiety properties. Pineapple sage has also been shown to have a dose-dependent antihypertensive effect, attributed to its action as an angiotensin II receptor antagonist and inhibitor of the angiotensin converting enzyme.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Pineapple Sage / Salvia elegans

I LOVE that plant! It does not stay alive long enough here to set seed, and I am sure it died with our extra-cold winter. I do not have much at all in the way of herbs or vegetables. However, if you can find anything interesting on my list, I am willing to send 3-4 of my items for just one pack of pineapple sage. (Or more for more packs.) Please let me know if you are interested....if I do not hear back, I will assume not interested (and I will understand). :)

o

I'd love to trade, carolinaflowerlover! Give me a few mins to go over your list and I'll send you an email.

o

Still have a few more packs. Come on GardenWebbers! Don't be shy!

o

Hi, I am interested in some of your pineapple sage too, please look at my list, I have a lot of herbs :) Thanks, Kathi

o

I'm interested! I have basil and holy basil seeds to trade.

o

Oh boy! I would love some. Check out my trade list and lets swap! Thanks, Jen

o

Hi,

I would love to trade with you if you have any seeds left :). Feel free to check out my list and let me know if I have anything that interests you.

Thanks,

Chelsea

o

Think I'm all caught up on my responses now. And I still have a few more packs to trade!

o

Hi there!

I'd love to trade with ya. I'm interested in your Pineapple Sage and the Ladybird Poppy. I have boneset, sweet annie or several other items on my list. If you'll send me an email I'll get back to you this evening w/ the specifics. (I'm at work now..lol)

Thanks!
Wendy / Sassy

o

Hey Sassy. I sent you an email.

o

Hi! I am interested as well!

o

Hi Erica,

I have beet flat of Egypt. Would love to trade with you for the pineapple sage. Please let me know. Thanks!

My

o

Zen and Bunny, I sent you both emails.

o

Hey Erica Braun, I was wondering if you have any left? If so then maybe we can make our current trade a twofer :P if there's anything you're interested in on my trade list. :)
Emily

o

I still have 8 packs available. Don't be shy!

o

Only 6 packs left!

o

I sent you an email, Erica. No shyness here!
Thanks! I'd also like to have some, please :)

o

Think I am caught up on responding to everyone's emails. If these trades go through, looks like I'll have 1 or possibly 2 more packs available for trade!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here