Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: have / want: heirloom vegetables

Posted by cowabunga1 z6 ID (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 4, 13 at 20:27

Hello, I was thinking about placing an order from Baker Creek for some heirloom seeds I was looking for but thought I'd try my luck with the community here first. Please let me know here or by email if you are interested. I will also offer SASE on seeds that I have.

HAVE:
Bull's Heart tomato seeds (30 seeds per trade).
Rattlesnake pole beans (25 per trade)
Emerite pole beans (25 per trade)
Blue Hubbard squash (8 per trade)
Spaghetti squash (10 per trade)
Golden Wax bush bean (15 per trade)
Pinkeye Purple Hull Cowpeas (15 per trade)

WANT:
Violet Jasper tomato
Paul Robeson tomato
Ananas Noire tomato
Henderson's Pink Ponderosa tomato
Delikatesse cucumber
Sikkim cucumber
White Belgian carrot
Celtuce lettuce
Bronze Beauty lettuce
Kabouli Black Garbanzo Bean
Little Marvel garden pea
Jarrahdale squash
lakota squash
Musquee De Provence squash
Turks Turban squash
Gelber Englischer Custard squash
Flamingo Pink chard

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: have / want: heirloom vegetables

i have some Violet jasper toms (not alot) and Ananas Noire(they did not do too terrible well for me)..all are open pollinated. If you want to review my list and see if i have anything else you might be looking for.

o

Thank you lovemeflowers, those would be great! Hmm.. looking at your list I am intersted in a lot of them. :) Large Barred Bear, Lemon Drop, Tigerella... I actually have nothing on your have list so if you wanted to suprise me that would be great. I enjoy all veggies. :) Which of my seeds would you like in exchange?

o

how about:
Bull's Heart tomato seeds (30 seeds per trade).
Rattlesnake pole beans (25 per trade)
Emerite pole beans (25 per trade)
Blue Hubbard squash (8 per trade)
Do you have any other seeds vegs or flowers? I'll try get you as many different seeds as you would like
Just email me and we will get or addy's exchanged

o

I would trade Turks Turban squash for your emerite pole bean.

o

Thank you gthayes, I will send you an email.

lovemeflowers, did you get my email that I sent?

o

Unfortunately, I am not getting any replies to my emails so I'm afraid I'll have to call this one off. I'm not sure if it is a problem with gardenweb or my email or if people are just too busy with their gardening. :) I placed my order with Baker Creek but if any of you read this I can still do SASE for a couple on my have list if you would like.

o

It's because you have your profile set so that members cannot see your email addy (and this may be compounded by the posters here having their profiles set the same way). With things set that way, no one can email reply to a message sent through gardenweb.

So...

Set your profile so I can see your email. Go to: Member Pages (link at bottom of this page), select "Edit your membership details", and set the box that says "Show my email address to"...."Members".

-Tina

o

I appreciate your help Tina. I have been doing trades on here for at least 5 years and have never had this issue. Is it something new? Anyway, I have sent emails directly from my own email to the ones that have their address listed and still have not had a response.

I like to keep my email address private so if anyone was trying to contact me but couldn't, please reply to the post in this thread and I will send you my email address.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here