Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

o
adopt a newbie 3

Posted by ymaddox ky 6 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 3, 12 at 20:59

This is a variation of the adopt-a-newbie formally arranged swap. At some point in the past I think this version was done at least once (maybe by accident, but it worked nicely), and a few folks helped keep the newbie list maintained. I'm hoping that we can make that work again.
***Newbies are newbies if they are truly new to Gardenweb, OR are not new to GW but new to trading and seeds, OR could really use help with seed access. Adopters can adopt whomever they please, and so can select according to their own wishes and criteria.
These adoptions are for seeds primarily (though can include plants too during the appropriate season for that zone).
***STANDARD AMOUNT FOR AN ADOPTION = 10-12 PACKS OF SEEDS***
(Though you can certainly do more if you have more to share.)
Costs to the Newbie:
--will pay the postage to the person sending them seeds (or plants) in advance.
--"seeds only" are the easiest and cheapest postage at about $1.50+bubble envelope to $4.00 and bubble envie included by the veteran)
--"plants too"; needs to be Priority Mail; can run from about $5 to $14
--payment of the postage can be done by check via mail or by easier/faster paypal.

Newbies:
--your email address must "show to members" on your member page in order to be put on the list. make sure your email setting is correct (see link below)
--make sure you have things listed on your Want List (see link), so we know if we have things in your interests. You can list, for example, Black Hollyhocks, Hollyhocks, or Old Fashioned/Cottage type flowers, or Things for shade or perennials, and such. (specific or general, anything helps someone match to you)
--include your zone & state.

Helpful veterans and I:
--will compile and post lists of the newbies+zone+state every so often.
--will check through recent posts and remove those who have been adopted from the new lists when compiling.
--to make things go bold, post < b > before the words (removing the extra spaces I put there), and < / b > after the words (again, removing the spaces). This will help folks find the most recent newbies-to-adopt list.

Traders who want to adopt-a-newbie:
--Try to pick a newbie that matches your zone / climate/ region so that the seeds you know best and have to offer have a chance of growing there for the newbie. Having similarities in garden interests is a plus too.
--POST HERE FIRST announcing who you are adopting BEFORE you contact the newbie. This is for their protection.
--then email the newbie, introducing yourself, providing your screen name, zone, town, state, and offering the adopt.

Newbies who get contacted for adoption:
--check back here to see that the adopter has posted here. (I do not recommend engaging in an adoption with someone who has emailed you but not posted here on this thread. This is for your safety.)
--check the Rate & Review forum regarding the person who contacted you (for protection; this is also why it is required for the adopter to post here not just contact you). This is found at: http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/raterev/
Use the search box in the center of the page (below the posts) inputting the person's screenname.
--proceed with the adopt, and arrange details with the veteran. (At this point, that usually means them offering things to send, and indicating about how much postage that will cost, and how you should send that postage.)
--send them the postage for what they're gifting.
--After receiving the package, thank your veteran & post here too (so we know the adopt worked through).
--Post good feedback/thanks for your adopter on the Rate&Review forum

Follow-Up Postings:

o
updated list

Current Newbies to be Adopted:
---------------------------------
Zone 4:
pinusresinosa- interests:tropicals, ornamental trees and shrubs, unusual edibles
Zone 5:
Zone 6:
ryanv- interests: peppers, herbs, and different kinds of cherry tomatoes
Zone 7:
kchd- interests: native plants
kasha77- interests: tropicals (see thread for specifics)
ascrius- interests: succulents,cacti, veggies, onion seed, different basils, open to anything
----------------------------------
Zone 8:
Lairvine- interests: anything edible (hot peepers(mild to super hot), veggies, sweet peppers, berries, nuts etc.)
Zone 9:
Zone 10:
52.tacym: adopted by smdane05
51.legallyheidi: adopted by kchd
50.lysa39: adopted by aquawise YEAH HALF WAY TO OUR ADOPTION GOAL OF A 100!!!
49.carolinagirl77: adopted by kchd
48.lashawn: adopted by canyonwind
47.thecollegekid: adopted by bcskye
46.donnaky: adopted by bcskye & ymaddox
45.homeblessings: adopted by margez
44.kathyminnesota: adopted by bcskye
43.ksims: adopted by ymaddox
42.andriak: adopted by bcskye
41.shriefie: adopted by margez
40.doris836: adopted by stlgirl
39.susieq68: adopted by ymaddox
38.capecodbeach: adopted by dem pa
37.smdane05: adopted by ymaddox
36.qycone: adopted by ymaddox
35.susaninosceolamo: adopted by ymaddox
34.alexshrugged: adopted by susanc
33.nicogirl3- adopted by scratchits
32.nomina- adopted by dem pa
31.mabiebaby- adopted by dem pa
30.minmous- adopted by bcskye
29.soniam- adopted by bcskye
28.spacetogrow- adopted by bcskye
27.pinusresinosa- sasbe for cottage garden flowers from xiangirl open for rest of adoption
26.psalmist40- adopted by kasha77
25.lisajc2- adopted by ymaddox
24.ida55- adopted by ymaddox
23.david8n- adopted by ymaddox
22.leyas- adopted by canyonwind
21.captivatedlife- adopted by dem pa
20.optimistique- adopted by cryptid
19.demonshollowasylum- adopted by tlgraham
18.beckres99- adopted by margez
17.corrine1- adopted by roper2008
16.jedonne- adopted by roper2008
15.luisito8m- adopted by ymaddox
14.gagreenman- adopted by canyonwind
13.lizinelizabeth- adopted by molanic
12.lynnca- adopted by canyonwind
11.sdtcwarren- adopted by dem pa
10.Krystiekeen- adopted by lexiegurl
9.blissfactor- adopted by scratchits
8.peaceful warrior- adopted by p-piper
7.tlgraham- adopted by gardenunusual2
6.lizgyrl- adopted by ymaddox
5.txnurse77- adopted by seedmoney
4.sweet_clementine- adopted by seedmoney
3.cry24- adopted by seedmoney
2.aqtrhorselover- adopted by sassybutterfly
1.lovesherflowers (NE OH) (cryptid)
*PLEASE NOTE IF ANY OF THESE ADOPTIONS FALL THROUGH PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO I CAN REMOVE ADOPTEES NO LONGER INTERESTED OFF THE LIST AND/OR READ IF THEY WERE NOT ADOPTED...THANKS :)

*Please look at adoptee's post to view more detailed info.

*Please have email and zone available in order to be added to adoption list...thanks

o
fyi's

okay guys there are a number of people that are asking to be adopted and not placing zones and emails... this is super simple. scroll to the bottom of page and hit member pages... go to edit personal information, page, and preferences link can address email and zone there. and if you go to edit your exchange list this is where you can place what you have to trade and your wants... the wants list is helpful for anyone adopting you. so please take the time to do this before you ask to be adopted...thanks btw cryptid is right you should not directly post email, do it as described above.

cestates need a zone and email posted
sewcrazy2 need email posted
buzzyb33 need email posted

when we ask for a email posted we mean a email that you check on a daily basis and respond to...please dont have your adopters trying to track you down, they are kind enough to share so lets be available when we are adopted.

the following people please get ahold of the people that have agreed to so kindly adopt you and have taken much effort to try to get in contact with you:
-thecollegekid
-donnaky
-carolinagirl77
thanks so much!

so sorry for this thread going beyond the post allowed without new one being started. i have been working the last three days and one more to go. also i live in the ky area where the tornado's hit and hit down my road...so it is been a bit hectic here! thank goodness everyone is okay! prayers go out to all those in indiana that have suffered great loss do to the tornadoes!

just a quick note that i recieved my package from tod and there is a ton of seed i will be attempting to update both my seed list and the tons and tons of seed tod sent...so hopefully those that are requesting veggies and herbs i will be able to help. so hang in there those that have not been adopted :)

THANKS SO MUCH TO YOU ALL THIS THREAD IS HOPPING!!! A ton of you have stepped up and adopted people this week...thank you all so much. Remember all your adopters fondly when your seed stash is built up and they are looking for a few special seeds ;) you may have. again thanks to everyone have a great day and god bless!

o
RE: adopt a newbie 3

Hello,
I would like to be adopted . I'm a senior and high school and this is my second year of gardening.
Thanks,
CAST1

o

• Posted by bcskye 5 Brn.Co., IN (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 3, 12 at 22:01

Thecollegekid sent his snail mail address by email so will be sending his seeds the beginning of the week.

Nickosnow contacted me with his email and snail mail addresses. Will mail his package when I mail the collegekid's.

Ymaddox, do you have donnaky's snail mail address? I've not started a package for her because she never sent it to me. If you do have it, pass it on and let me know what you're sending her so I won't send the same, please.

o
bcskye

bcskye u got mail

o

I updated my profile to allow members to see my email. I am in zone 5. This is my first year gardening. I have a large plot in a community garden that I rented. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks again

Stefanie

o

I am sure I can help CASTI out...will email her/him.

Thanks,

Annie

o

I have emailed shriefie three times and received no response. I sent emails through Garden Web and direct to her email address. I would say that this adoption has fallen through.

o

Sun, Mar 4, 12 at 23:18

I will adopt buzzyb33. Email is on its way to her.

I have donnaky's email address, I need her snail mail address.

o

I'm a newbie lol and I need to be adopted....that just sounds funny to me. Sorry :)

SubruralGirl, you offered to adopt me, thank you so much :) Sorry it took so long to get back with you. I had a difficult time figuring out the forum format...not very intuitive at first is it.

Anyhow, my name is Sherry :)

o

I heard back from CAST1. After he sends me his address, I will send seeds his way.

Thanks,

Annie

o

Mon, Mar 5, 12 at 13:10

Buzzb33 has contacted me with her address and I will get her seeds off to her this week.

o

I would appreciate if someone could adopt me. This is my third year gardening but first year focusing on OP seeds and heirlooms. I would like to try and save some. I am interested in all vegetable and herb OP seeds. Another new interest is edible perennials. Thank you!
P.S. I tried changing my e-mail address to visible. Let me know if it is not.

o

Hi everyone this is the first year I am starting my garden from seeds. I am in zone 5 in IL and I am intereted in spaghetti squash, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, herbs, onions, beans, watermelon or other fruits and veggies. Also some colorful flowers. Thanks so much. Please let me know if my email is not visible.

o

I'd be happy to adopt SISwope. sending you an email!

o

Zone 4:
pinusresinosa- interests:tropicals, ornamental trees and shrubs, unusual edibles
Zone 5:
garden0727- interests: spaghetti squash, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, herbs, onions, beans, watermelon or other fruits and veggies. Also some colorful flowers
Zone 6:
newtoremodeling- interests: open pollinated veggies and herbs, edible perinneals
Zone 7:
kchd- interests: native plants
ascrius- interests: succulents,cacti, veggies, onion seed, different basils, open to anything
Zone 8:
Lairvine- interests: anything edible (hot peepers(mild to super hot), veggies, sweet peppers, berries, nuts etc.)
Zone 9:
Zone 10:
55.buzzyb33: adopted by bcskye
54.cast1: adopted by canyonwind
53.nickosnow: adopted by bcskye
27.pinusresinosa- sasbe for cottage garden flowers from xiangirl open for rest of adoption
*PLEASE NOTE IF ANY OF THESE ADOPTIONS FALL THROUGH PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO I CAN REMOVE ADOPTEES NO LONGER INTERESTED OFF THE LIST AND/OR READ IF THEY WERE NOT ADOPTED...THANKS :)

*Please have email and zone available in order to be added to adoption list...thanks

o
newtoremodeling

newtoremodeling your email is not visible...please try to fix again. went ahead and added you to list you just need to be sure and fix this...thanks.

o

Hi I am a "newbie" who is trying to get some great landscaping / gardening going in Suburban KC. I have some great potential in certain areas, both shade and full sun. I am more partial to perennials but enjoy the color of annuals also.

I have a bed with mature Lord Baltimore Hibiscus that I'd like to accent the front of. I have a good bulb area up front with plenty of early bloomers but not much else going on. Also I want to turn my back fence line (backs up to a park) into a wildflower area that attracts butterflies and bees.

Just wanted to give you some background on what I'm hoping to do. Here is a want list that I've come up with for some time but I'm open to suggestions / expertise.

What a great program! I'd feel lucky to be adopted. Thanks in advance.

Dave (Missouri Zone 5/6)

I can't figure out how to edit my want list, so here they are below.
Wants:
Bigroot Geranium
Toad Lily
Astilbe (arendsii 'Fanal')
Hosta (blues)
Yellow Corydalis
Japanese Forestgrass or any other type of perennial ornamental grass like 'Karl Foerster' Feather Reedgrass
Lilyturf
Monkshood
Dianthus
Black Eyed Susan
Daylilies (any variety)
Baptisa
Speedwell
peony
Touching Lily
butterfly weed
aster
anise hyssop
mexican sunflower
butterfly bush
clematis
hydrangea

o
adoptions

elegance 108 got in touch with me and still wishes to be adopted so i will be adopting elegance.

as well i sent emails to and would like to adopt the following people whom have waited patiently to be adopted:
pinusresinosa
kchd
ascrius
thanks guys for patiently waiting.

i still have 2 adoptions going on and 2 outside of this thread where people have contacted me and these four additions makes 8 so as soon as i get these rolling i will be adopting more. but i do not want to overwhelm myself by doing to many adoptions at one time.

we have some folks that are really stepping up to adopt newbies and it is really appreciated. kchd adopted while awaiting to be adopted herself...thanks so much for that! bcskye is adopting people like crazy...thanks so much bc, hope all is well up your way after our severe weather earlier in the week...then it snows lol, can you believe it!!! Prayers sent out to all the families in the aftermath of the devastation of these storms...we was hit hard on the road i live on but was material things and we can replace them, we was very blessed! smdane also adopted in the midst of being adopted herself. canyonwind, margez, and aquawise are always dependable adopters...thanks for the support guys :) and subruralgirl slides in there as a new adopter. thanks for contributing subruralgirl!!!

i think we are gonna hit a hundred and keep right on going on this rate!!! We are going to have to make a thread for show us your seeds you grew from being adopted...so we can see all the pretty gardens each of you are helping to create. and i tell ya in this day and time a veggie garden is a huge money saver...i have always said it is ridiculous that anyone goes hungry in this country and i stand by that, and there have been adoptees on here requesting seed due to a financial strain to help feed their family. i feel like that is a great gift from each of you... you know you can feed a person a fish for a day or teach them to fish and feed them for a lifetime- no truer words were ever spoken :)

o

OK. Tried to change my e-mail preference to visible to all. Is that what needed to be done? Sorry if it is still not visible. Please let me know.

o
adoptions

Hello,
I would love to be adopted. This is my family's first year of gardening seriously. We are wanting to grow as many different vegetables as possible. WE are located in Zone 6. I prefer heirloom, organic, non gmo seeds, if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

o

yes newtoremodeling your email shows.

remember guys to leave a rating on the rate and review exchanges forum for your adopter...thanks!!!!

o

Thank you Canyonwind ,for the adopting me . I received a wonderful selection of seeds today. You have a beautiful heart!

Thanks again , Annie !

@ ymaddox , thanks for getting me adopted!

o

Lashawn, you are very welcome!

CAST1 seeds will go out in the next couple of days.

YMADDOX, thanks again for taking on "adopt a newbie".

Annie

o

Hi,

This is my first year gardening on my deck, I would love to be adopted.I've updated my email & exchange list. I'm learning so much from this community I'm glad I found this forum.

o

I'd like to be adopted. This is only my second year gardening. I have pretty much no shade, and am in Kentucky, with my plants last year getting a lot of sun and heat due to weather. I have several nice flower beds to plant in, and will have a large area for my vegetables to grow. I'm looking for any of these:
asparagus
hot peppers
artichokes
watermelon radishes
celery
tomatoes
zucchini
squash
cucumbers
lantana
wave petunias
vinca
flowers that can handle heat and lots of sun well- open to ideas of both perennials and annuals that might work well

o

Hello :) I'm new to these forums but have been gardening for a few years. I made the switch to open-pollinated and heirloom seeds 2 years ago and haven't looked back. I'd love to be adopted if possible!

I am interested heirlooms mostly, but anything open pollinated would be gratefully accepted as well :)

I'm looking for:

-Herbs-
Basils (anything but sweet basil; I'm looking to try something new)
Lemon balm
Any kind of chives or green onions
Dill
Lavender
White sage
Any kind of mint
Hyssop
Wintergreen
Thyme

-Vegetables-
Brussels sprouts
Wax beans
Soup beans
Corn
Any kind of greens! Kale, collards, lettuce, other salad mixes, etc
Tat Soi!!
Rutabagas
Summer squashes (zucchini, yellow squash, etc)
Peas (I've never been able to grow them very well)
Carrots

-Fruits-
Any!

Thank you again in advance! :)

o

Hi, I would like to be adopted. I live in NC and we are zone 7
Thank you so much

o

This is an update to my post on the 2nd newbie thread (too full to post now)...I received my seeds from Katie...quick shipping and everything was wrapped nicely. Now I'm just waiting on her to receive my stamps :)

o

• Posted by kchd 7b Mississippi (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 7, 12 at 13:43

Well, its been over a week since I contacted carolinagirl77 to adopt her. Never heard back, despite sending 2 emails and posting twice on the thread. I guess this one fell through.

o

Wed, Mar 7, 12 at 19:53

legallyheidi got her seeds, and I got my stamps in the mail today. Whoohoo for our first adoption (both of us)!

o

I'm a newbie who would like to be adopted. This is the first time we've owned our home and are ready to beautify it. Interested in veggies & herbs as well as other plants/seeds for around the yard. We have varying degrees of full sun to full shade at our home. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

o

Zone 4:
Zone 5:
moodmaiden103- interests: heirloom and open pollinated. Basil not sweet, lemon balm, chives or green onions, dill, lavender, white sage, any mint, hyssop, wintergreen, thyme, brussel sprouts, wax beans, soup beans, corn, any kind of greens, tat soi, rutabagas, summer squashes, peas, carrots, fruits
garden0727- interests: spaghetti squash, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, herbs, onions, beans, watermelon or other fruits and veggies. Also some colorful flowers
Zone 6:
Hopeful4ky- interests: asparagus,hot peppers,artichokes,watermelon radishes,celery,tomatoes,zucchini,squash,cucumbers,lantana,wave petunias,vinca, & flowers that can handle heat and lots of sun well
newtoremodeling- interests: open pollinated veggies and herbs, edible perinneals
Zone 7:
Zone 8:
evildaffyduck- interests: veggies, herbs, and flowers
Zone 9:
justmeinflorida- interests: any- not specified
Zone 10:
59.pinusresinosa: adopted by ymaddox
58.kchd: adopted by ymaddox
57.elegance108: adopted by ymaddox
56.s1swope: adopted by subruralgirl

o
update

Need following emails to be placed if you would like to be adopted:
gardeningfamily
babelsrus
dmcdorman

There is a fun bunch of newbies waiting to be adopted guys and alot of them are wide open for their wants...those are the ones i like i can surprise them with varied things. 9 current newbies and will have 12 once the three above update their emails. lots to choose from...so have fun :)

not much to say i have a bunch of newbie packs to get ready myself and a long list of seeds to sow for my deck. so adopt away guys :)

o

Sorry. I'm new to the forum and not great at finding links to update profile.

Davidmcdorman@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance. As the above poster said I'm open to anything in zone 5/6 kc mo.

o

Hello,
I would like to be adopted. I live in Michigan in zone 5. My interests include edible plants, including fruits, vegetables, and herbs. Lavender, Carrots, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Mint, Beets, Berries, Garlic, ect. Thank you very much for your generosity!

o

I think I finally successfully updated my email and seed lists.

o

Thu, Mar 8, 12 at 16:38

Would like to adopt garden0727 and chickenlips. These will make it #10 and #11 and not sure I'm ready to quit yet. I won't be able to help chickenlips with berries or garlic so if someone else can, let's share.

o

I have emailed and adopted moonmaiden103.

Don

o

Hello Yvonne, I would like to adopt. I am a flower seed girl. Looking for a newbie that's looking for flower seeds.
Send me an e-mail.

o

CAST1 seeds went out this morning! Enjoy!!

Annie

o

Fri, Mar 9, 12 at 13:07

Garden0727 and chikenlips87 have both sent me their addresses so the trade is on.

o

The seeds arrived today. So many great surprises. Thank you so much bcskye for hooking me up! I'm so excited and now I'm really craving the warmer weather. Thanks you so much. :)

o

Ok, updated my email as requested.
Thank you all very much, in advance!
Beth

o

Ok, updated my email as requested.
Thank you all very much, in advance!
Beth

o

Hi, I am back in MA now and have a bunch of seeds but I don't think any are viable from the move from TX in 120 degree heat :(
Anyone in my area that has a few extra seeds? I am looking for simple things like cherry tomatoes, cukes, pumpkins, spinache etc and Herbs.
I could go out and buy but really I don't have a HUGE space and would not want to waste the extra 45 seeds from a 50 seed pack :)
I am in the Burlington area, anyone around here to chat about Gardens ?
Last Fall I planted 3 Apple trees and one Cherry. I would like to find a nice Yellow Sweet cherry to add but not sure where you put it.

o

I was adopted by margez and received a generous pkg. full of awesome seeds this week. Thanks so much for starting this adopt a newbie swap, and for all the wonderful people willing to adopt and share their seeds. It is much appreciated!

o

I was "adopted" by Canyonwind and I'm happy to say the seeds she sent me have arrived! Thanks!

o

Zone 4:
Zone 5:

dmcdorman- interests: bigfoot geranium, toad lily, astible (arendsii Fanal), hosta (blues), yellow corydalis, japanese forestgrass or ornamental grasses, lilyturf, monkshood, dianthus, black eyed susan, daylilies, baptisa, speedwell, peony, touching lily, butterfly weed, aster, anise hyssop, mexican sunflower, butterfly bush, clematis, hydrangea
Zone 6:
Hopeful4ky- interests: asparagus,hot peppers,artichokes,watermelon radishes,celery,tomatoes,zucchini,squash,cucumbers,lantana,wave petunias,vinca, & flowers that can handle heat and lots of sun well

Zone 7:
babelsrus- interests: anything (unless babels specifies)

Zone 8:
evildaffyduck- interests: veggies, herbs, and flowers

Zone 9:
justmeinflorida- interests: any- not specified
Zone 10:
62.chickenlips87: adopted by bcskye
61.garden0727: adopted by bcskye
60.ascrius: adopted by ymaddox

o
updates

9 current newbies to adopt...and 63 adoptions at present. we are moving right along!

dem_pa and bcskye thank you so much for your adoptions this week!!!

tigger19687 if you would like for me to add you to the list please update your email. to do so ---->this is super simple. scroll to the bottom of page and hit member pages... go to edit personal information, page, and preferences link can address email and zone there. and if you go to edit your exchange list this is where you can place what you have to trade and your wants... the wants list is helpful for anyone adopting you.

have a great day all!!!

o

I would love to be adopted. I would love any vegetable's, herbs, or flowers for zone 7. Will be grateful for any seeds, would also love to try heirloom if any are available. we moved in to our first house with a backyard, out of a apt. and can now plant our dream garden. Thank you so much.

o

Hi, I'm so sorry for my delay in responding on this! I am still interested and have been in touch with Katie. Thank you so much! I am so grateful!! :-)

o

I would like to be adopted. This is my first time gardening, and at this forum. I am interested in fruits and veggies. And fruit trees. I usually just plant tomatos and strawberrys. Have not done anything else.

o
RE: adopt a newbie 3 things Im interested in

Some things I am interested in growing.

Nules Clementine
Naqami Cumquat
Blood Orange
Ruby Red Grapefruit
Pomegranite
Sweet Cherry

Honeydew
Cantalope
Watermelon
Bell Peppers
Sweet Peas
Green Beans

Spinach
Potatoes
Zucchini

Strawberry
Raspberry
Blueberry
Blackberry
Boysenberry
Grapes

o

Homeblessings has received the seeds. Adoption complete.

o

To clarify, I am not new to gardening or GW. I am new to swapping seeds. I made a "wants" list as per the instructions of this post. I do have marigold seeds and zinnia seeds that I collected in the fall. I say that because I had contacted someone re an offer of seeds for postage on the seed exchange forum and was accused of being a seller. I am not a seller. I am just a lover of plants,dirt and gardening. Due to space and sun limitations, I have abandoned veggies. I was looking for flower seeds. If someone has extra seeds that they would rather give away then throw away I would feel blessed to receive them,if instead you want to donate to someone just starting in gardening, I understand and support your decision.
To defend why I have not given, I am not versed in the how to's of trading thru the mail, be it plants or seeds. I have attended plant swaps and brought plants,pots,etc. .�
I did make a seed for postage arrangement for my sister last year( she didn't have Internet access at the time). And she wanted a certain type of squash seed and she couldn't find it at the 2 big garden stores.
It has been a while since I have been on GW, it seemed to me people have moved to another site, I used to check GW like people check their email...first thing every morning then multiple times a day, now the forums don't have much activity. Seeing this offer made me excited about GW again, that and spring approaching. So, if I have offended anyone in trying to participate in this offer, I am sorry. To everyone happy spring almost..and may your day be joyful.

o

Babelsrus...aka Beth,

I checked your want list and am happy to help you out with flower seeds. I will email you. If for some reason you do not receive the email, please email me.

Thanks much!

Annie

o

Hi Annie,
I did receive your email, I will email you directly. Wow what glowing reviews you have. Your generosity precedes you. Thank you in advance.
Ymaddox-thank you too for I know all of this organization and instructions and patience in answering all of the newbie or uninformed questions has to be time consuming.
Thank you both,
Beth

o

Hello my name is Alan and this is my first year of gardening. I'm 14 and in 8th grade.I live in zone 9 and I will accept anytype of seed but I would like some vegatables.

o

i would love to be adopted. I am just starting out and new to all of this. I just got a house that has 1 acre of land that I can grow on. I am very interested in growing fruits and vegetables and planting flowers and such around the house.

o

Newbie from Zone 9 TX

o

I am located in zone 5 in PA. I am interested in
Tomatoes- any variety
Peppers- any variety
Zucc's
Lettuces-any variety
carrots
beets
asparagus
garlic
brussel sprouts
Peas-any variety
Beans-any variety no wax beans
cucumbers- any variety esp pickling cucumbers
spinach
potatoes-any kind and sweet
strawberries
blueberries
black raspberries
watermelon
pumpkins
herbs- basil, cilantro, parsley, garlic, onions, chives, mint, oregano,
lavendar
lilac bushes
and beautiful flowers that are easy to care for such as day lilies, tulips, daffodils, black eyed susans, daisies, Dahlias, esp flowers that attract hummingbirds and butterflies.

o

Hello, all! I'd love to be adopted, and would be grateful for anything except black-eyed susans and lily-of-the-valley (I have lots of these).

I should ask for food items only since hubby is building me raised beds this spring, but I've been weeding my flower beds, and I have alot of bare spots. This is so exciting! :)

Thanks for considering me.

Amy. :)

o

I will adopt my fellow Arizona resident Alan.

o

Babelsrus, aka Beth, and I have touched base. I will be sending my "flower child" Beth...LOL...seeds in the next couple of days.

Annie

o

Hi! I am kind of new to gardening. My husband and I finally purchased a house in our home town after 12 years of moving around with the Air Force and living in rentals. This is the first place we have lived that we can actually plant and do something about the landscaping. Unfortunately, lots of unforeseen problems with the house has consumed any budget me might have used on gardening. I really would love an English cottage style garden, and a vegetable garden. If anyone can help by 'adopting' me, I would really appreciate it!!

o

Zone 4:
Zone 5:
-andreafahey- interests: english cottage garden flowers and veggies
-chefaid90- interests: fruits, veggies, and flowers ( see post for specifics)
-dmcdorman- interests: bigfoot geranium, toad lily, astible (arendsii Fanal), hosta (blues), yellow corydalis, japanese forestgrass or ornamental grasses, lilyturf, monkshood, dianthus, black eyed susan, daylilies, baptisa, speedwell, peony, touching lily, butterfly weed, aster, anise hyssop, mexican sunflower, butterfly bush, clematis, hydrangea
Zone 6:
-Hopeful4ky- interests: asparagus,hot peppers,artichokes,watermelon radishes,celery,tomatoes,zucchini,squash,cucumbers,lantana,wave petunias,vinca, & flowers that can handle heat and lots of sun well
-newtoremodeling- interests: open pollinated veggies and herbs, edible perinneals
-ryanv- interests: peppers, herbs, and different kinds of cherry tomatoes
Zone 7:
-amoocow- interests: edibles and flowers. no black eyed susans or lily of the valley please!
-nospringchicken2- interests: veggies, herbs, and flowers and any heirloom seeds.
-kasha77- interests: tropicals (see thread for specifics)
Zone 8:
-evildaffyduck- interests: veggies, herbs, and flowers
-Lairvine- interests: anything edible (hot peepers(mild to super hot), veggies, sweet peppers, berries, nuts etc.)
Zone 9:
-cinnie0- interests: fruits, veggies, fruit trees ( see her posts for specifics)
-justmeinflorida- interests: any- not specified
Zone 10:
64.babelsrus: adopted by canyonwind
63.moonmaiden103: adopted by dem pa

o
update

kirras_garden you need to post a email and i will happily add you to the list...also note your wants please.

to all my adoptees: donnaky, elegance 108, kchd, pinusresinosa your seeds packs are waiting so when i get your stamps out they go :) ascrius i have contacted you via email for a list of wants from my list and will get yours together as soon as i know...thanks guys.

canyonwind and margez...thanks so much for your adoptions!!!

13 new adoptees for anyone wanting to adopt a few of these guys :)
i will start off by adopting all three in my zone: hopeful4ky, newtoremodeling, and ryanv
anyone else interested in adopting their entire zone? come on guys jump on in :)

well i'm off to work on planting seeds for my deck...have a great day all and god bless!!!

o
update 2

please guys take the time to go to the rate and review forum and write just a brief thank you and rate your adopters. it is a nice way to say you appreciate the time and effort they put into preparing your seed packs...thanks

the link will take you there just go to the bottom search and type in their name and it will bring up their rate and reviews...thanks again.

Here is a link that might be useful: rate and review

o

I think I can adopt "evildaffyduck". How do I get in touch with that person? I have mostly flower seeds, some herbs and veggies.

o

Hi...so glad I found Gardenweb! I'm about to embark on the raised garden journey! So excited!!
I would love to be adopted. I'm interested in veggies...any and all. I don't think I've met a veggie I didn't like.

I'm in z6 in MO.

Thanks!!

o

I am so excited by the idea of seed exchange. I am a moderately experienced gardener but new to seed exchange. Forgive my ignorance but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to set up my "want/have" lists.

I would love to be a part of the adopt a newbie thing but I just can't figure it out?

What am I missing???

o

Forgive my ignorance but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to set up my "want/have" lists.

Welcome Morgaloo!

Just scroll to the bottom of any GW page and click on the Member Pages link found in the green banner.

Then choose Edit Your Exchange Lists, list your items, and lastly Submit.

You may have to refresh your browser if you don't see the items on your newly created list right away.

Sue

o

Sat, Mar 17, 12 at 9:43

I received stamps from carolinagirl77 in the mail yesterday. Her package of seeds are going out in the mail today.

o

Thanks for posting this ymaddox.

I just wanted to say I'm not only looking for what's on my exchange list, those were just some specifics I came up with.

Basically I am interested in anything that grows well in zones 5/6. Thank you so much!

Dave

o

Thanks to chemocurl, I have my haves/wants filled out. Not sure why that seemed so hard now that I have done it. I can't tell if this newbie thing is still going but I would love a chance to jump into trading. I do have some seeds I could trade (small quantities/many older seeds) and will update my list soon. Thanks and I look forward to getting started with what I predict will be a new obsession!

o

Babelrus (Beth) has received her seeds. Enjoy!

Annie

o

Hello! new to the site and my husband and I are getting super excited to get into some heavy gardening! We're into aquaponics, hydroponics, aquaculture, permaculture, ayurvedic and medicinal plants, heirloom vegetables and fruits, all herbs, spice plants, tea plants, and exotics.
we currently live in northwest washington, but are soon moving to southern new mexico. lucky for us both happen to be zone 8.
we currently are growing a few plants, but I'm always looking for trades, seed samples and pretty much anything I can get my hands on.
we'd love to be adopted by someone who has some experience in our interests!

o

Minnesota area newbie.
We're brand new to gardening! My son, 5 years old, and my wife are both highly interested in gardening.
We're seeking seeds for plants that do great in containers (large container plants are fine), indoor (hydroponic and non).

Tomatoes and herbs would be great! or anything else that we could have great results with.
Feel free to e-mail me. More than happy to pay for postage via paypal or check.

o

Zone 4:
Zone 5:
-dmcdorman- interests: anything that grows well zones 5/6 special wants: bigfoot geranium, toad lily, astible (arendsii Fanal), hosta (blues), yellow corydalis, japanese forestgrass or ornamental grasses, lilyturf, monkshood, dianthus, black eyed susan, daylilies, baptisa, speedwell, peony, touching lily, butterfly weed, aster, anise hyssop, mexican sunflower, butterfly bush, clematis, hydrangea
Zone 6:
-KnG1975- interests: veggies
Zone 7:
-Morgaloo- intersts: veggies, annuals and perennials
-amoocow- interests: edibles and flowers. no black eyed susans or lily of the valley please!
-nospringchicken2- interests: veggies, herbs, and flowers and any heirloom seeds.
Zone 8:
-dresler1670- interests: medicinal plants, heirloom veggies and fruits, all herbs, spice plants, tea plants, and exotics.
-Lairvine- interests: anything edible (hot peepers(mild to super hot), veggies, sweet peppers, berries, nuts etc.)
Zone 9:
-cinnie0- interests: fruits, veggies, fruit trees ( see her posts for specifics)
Zone 10:
68.newtoremodeling: adopted by ymaddox
67.hopeful4ky: adopted by ymaddox
66.evildaffyduck: adopted by ladyrose65
65.Alaniscool: adopted by margez

o
update

ladyrose65 to email evildaffyduck just click on the my page in parenthesis and it will take you to a page with links one of which is email me...u can get ahold of evildaffyduck there...thanks :) and thanks for the adoption this week.

newtoremodeling and ryanv please get ahold of me if you are still interested in being adopted, i have not heard from you.

As it gets warmer out i find myself having less time inside, well mostly because i want to be outside lol. anyway what i am wanting is a helper to help keep this thread up to date with me...if anyone is interested please email me...thanks just a very busy time of the year and need a bit of help keeping things up :) I will announce whom is interested and picked.

for those that keep posting they cant wait till next year to wintersow. i am still wintersowing seeds and even sowing in the pots they will be in with a white walmart bag over with holes poked in top and rubber band around to hold in place or i cut the bag up the side and tie in a knot. also been using large white trash can bags for my bigger pots and it is working great. so you still have time to sow seeds guys!!! I also used this year mostly the clear plastic cups you get at kroger and sandwich bags over top with holes in bottom of cup and in ziplock bags with a rubberband to hold in place...it is very quick and easy that way. just make sure you always wet your soil good and i like to water in my seeds, meaning i take a sprinkling can or mister and water in good after i put the seeds in. anyway the point is, after all my rambling, you still have plenty of time to grow from seed...you are just going to see quicker germination as the weather warms.

o

Wed, Mar 21, 12 at 23:34

I would like to adopt KnG1975 and have sent her an email.

o

Hi, I have a question before jumping into this. I can't do check, and might not be able to do paypal. I have another idea, can you answer if it would work? I heard somewhere else that we can mail prepaid envelops and such. Is it possible that if I get adopted could I mail the required sized envelop/box and stamps to the adopter so they can mail it with the stuff back? If that is acceptable then I would love to be adopted. I have not yet prepared my profile or list yet, but thats because I want to know if I can mail a prepaid stuff first. Thanks for the response!

o

I'm so excited. I just sent a reply to bcskye's email. This lady is amazing! Thank you!!!

o

HI
Iam #50 and I email the person my list but have never heard back on what to do next? please help anyone
Thanks lisa
lysa39

o

Hi, I got my seeds from kchd in the mail. Thank you so much for the generosity! They came beautifully packaged and Katie sent me so much helpful information. I really appreciate it. :-)

o

Hi fellow gardeners!
I am planting my very first garden this spring!
Doing a flowerbed, herb garden, and fruit and veggie garden.
Would love to be adopted!
And of course welcome suggestion of things to grow in my zone.

Very interested in growing Rue, Roses, Peaches, Raspberries, Blackberries, Vidalia Onions... basically perennials and anything that puts fresh food on the table!

So glad to have found this community.
Thank you!

Laura R.
Camp Lejeune, NC

o

Hi! I am new to gardening and this website. I just joined today. When I moved into my cottage, there were some plants already in existence that my grandmother had planted. The only thing I have ever grown is tomatoes. I am interested in small or container grown veggies, any type of cottage plants and also suggestions as to what to grow in a very wet back yard (sometimes so wet I cannot even mow the grass there). I would like to remove most of the grass back there and make some sort of garden that would not need to be mowed. I also want to have my own vegetables and either have them in a container or on a small scale. I don't have a lot of money to spend so I would appreciate any guidance in how to create a garden frugalls. I am in Alabama/ Zone 7. Thanks for letting me join!

o
I want to be adopted and had an additional note....

I'm sorry, I forgot to add that I am very interested in herb gardening too. I would like to have some guidance as I do not exactly know much about gardening and how to start. Also would be interested in how to grow lavendar in my area (Alabama/ Zone 7). I would like to grow this and have it dried to use for baking, etc.

o

My adoption with bcskye went through-bcskye was very generous with the seeds! Thanks a lot! I'm going to have some fun this season!

o

• Posted by cinnie0 9 / So Cal Joshua Tr (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 24, 12 at 21:20

Just posting to say I have updated my want list. Can't wait to get adopted.

o

rosewolfie you can send stamps for return shipping :)

lysa39 did you ever get ahold of your adopter?

peuapeu please update your email to be added to the list...thanks :)

Things seem kinda slow and I know probably cause of this weather and the NCAA tourney... GO CATS!!! lol

any interested adopters out there...come on guys lets meet our goal of a 100!

o
updated list

Zone 4:
Zone 5:
-dmcdorman- interests: anything that grows well zones 5/6 special wants: bigfoot geranium, toad lily, astible (arendsii Fanal), hosta (blues), yellow corydalis, japanese forestgrass or ornamental grasses, lilyturf, monkshood, dianthus, black eyed susan, daylilies, baptisa, speedwell, peony, touching lily, butterfly weed, aster, anise hyssop, mexican sunflower, butterfly bush, clematis, hydrangea
Zone 6:
Zone 7:
Zone 8:
-robertsfamily- interests: flowers, herbs, fruits, and veggies. Very interested in growing Rue, Roses, Peaches, Raspberries, Blackberries, Vidalia Onions... basically perennials and anything that puts fresh food on the table!
-dresler1670- interests: medicinal plants, heirloom veggies and fruits, all herbs, spice plants, tea plants, and exotics.
Zone 9:
Zone 10:
69.ryanv: adopted by ymaddox
68.newtoremodeling: adopted by ymaddox

o

So, what did I do wrong to not get on the list? ;\

o

donnaky: adopted by bcskye & ymaddox + ONE MORE
Received all my seeds in the mail. I am super excited!!! I can't believe all the great stuff I received. I would have been on here sooner, but have been having major internet issues. For over two weeks, we have had internet for a few hours here and there and its been down the rest of the time. I feel like I'm living in the dark ages. Again, thanks for all the great seeds!

o

Nothing chessmastor so very sorry I skipped u will add u, just a oversight. Again my apologies!

o

Nothing chessmastor so very sorry I skipped u will add u, just a oversight. Again my apologies!

o

I'm bearly starting a garden i will accept any type of seeds I like vegtables and I like squash and I'm bearly going to middle school.

o

zone3:
-chessmastor- interests: tomatos and herbs or anything grows well in containers
Zone 4:
Zone 5:
Zone 6:
Zone 7:
Zone 8:
-robertsfamily- interests: flowers, herbs, fruits, and veggies. Very interested in growing Rue, Roses, Peaches, Raspberries, Blackberries, Vidalia Onions... basically perennials and anything that puts fresh food on the table!
Zone 9:
-jastjohn- interests: any seeds particularly veggies and some squash.
Zone 10:
68.ryanv: adopted by ymaddox

o

I would like to be adopted please! I'm in zone 5 (Kansas). I think all my info. is in my account, please let me know if I'm missing anything.
Thanks!

o
My e-mail

I thought my page had my e-mail on it as I marked it to be available. It is my name here peuapeu @ rocketmail.com Sorry about that! :)

o

I will adopt -Lairvine- if he/she is still interested. :)

o

Anyone want to adopt a few of these folks....they would appreciate it very much :)

o

I hope someone will adopt me. I am recently out if work and if I can grow some veggies it would help as I can can or freze some things. I am in zone seven. Ive already found someone to till me a small garden for free. I. Just need a few seeds and a little guidance and advice. Thank you.

o

Hey LBean! I'm in KS, too. I'll adopt you. :)

o

I would really love to be adopted please. Im located in zone 8 of South Carolina. :)

o

Adoption - 56.s1swope: adopted by subruralgirl is completed!

o

I would LOVE to be adopted! My husband works for a non profit and I am home with our 6 month old so there is no extra money in the budget for seeds.

Thank you so much!

Zone 7.

o

I just emailed adventurebite. Waiting to hear back. :)

o
(b)newbie need adoption(/b)

I just sign up a few days ago and finally finished posting my haves and wants list on my page. Last year was my first year I planted a garden. It was the only garden in my street. Other than feeding my family, I did feed another 3 family in my neighborhood. I had so much fun planting and sharing and hoping that I will try to do better this year so, now I'm on a quest for more seeds to plant.

I will appreciates annual/perennial flowers, fruits, veggies, anything that attract hummingbird, bees and butterfly, anything that smells good and or unusual that you have to share with me and my neighbors.

Thanks ahead,
Kitty

o

Adventurebite is now adopted. :)

o

I would like to be adopted please. Never gardened before. Zone 8, southern California. Interested in all kinds of fruits that do not grow on trees, vines to climb my fence and the side of my house, and shade plants for my yard- I have lots of shade. Also, I would like anything that will grow in containers on my balcony or as houseplants. Email me at cdelgado33@yahoo.com.

Chris/ ForestTiger

o

I'm new to gardening, but would like to give it a try. It is going to be hard to make ends meat with twin 4-month old girls and my Husband just lost his job. So, hopefully gardening can save our family some money.

Tomatoes, herbs, cucumbers, beans, lettuce, peppers, watermelon, strawberries or squash.

o

I would like to be adopted.

Zone 6 - southern coastal Maine (avg last frost early May.)

I would like to get as much food as possible from the couple hundred square feet that are available. Some is nearly full sun, some is full shade. Interested in just about anything edible, especially kale. Last year was my first garden since childhood and I started late. I have started a few leftover tomatoes and habaneros so far this spring.

o

Hi, I'm new to the gardening..altho I do have some red onions sprouting...:-)

I would love to be adopted.

AFMOM

http://www.gardenweb.com/members/exch/afmom?1864

o

Technically I am a newbie myself, but I have tons of seeds, quite a bit of knowledge, and am more than willing to take the folks in my zone on (zone 5). I don't have much in the way of vegetables though. I am a committed floral girl.

Perhaps I can adopt them on a temporary basis until a veteran is able to pick up my slack? ;-)

Just was reading through and I have baptisia, black-eyed sues, english cottage garden flowers, etc and I'll never use them all myself, so I'd love to share!

o

I would like to be adopted! I live in zone 7 in TN

o

I'm in Zone 10 I guess! At least that's what it's telling me for my zip code in Southern California.

I hope I'm not too picky to get adopted.

We have a lot of things in pots in the courtyard, and I'd like to do some container gardening of veggies in the back where they will get the full sun.

This will be our first year here and we have a backyard that's on the south side of the house where the sun just beats down, and a front yard that doesn't seem to get much light and a courtyard that gets little sun in the winter, but about this time of year the sun starts hitting the entire area at one time or another through the day.

o

I would like to be adopted pls. I am not new to gardening, but new to growing to sustain our family. I am having a hard time locally locating the following things, and I know they are online but some places charge $4 a seed packet and then shipping! At that rate I may just buy the stuff. And I know, it's better home grown, but you have to be able to afford it! LOL Ok so we would like some lima beans, and blackeye peas also called cowpeas. I am also interested in growing Virginia peanuts. lettuce would be nice and maybe some herbs. We are a family of 7 (5 kids) and grandma will be living with us as of August. I am having a hard time with my email being visible so my email is elvimiller@gmail.com

o

Well not sure which zone i'm in...I want to think I heard neighbor talking and saying zone 5..I live in Knoxville Tn so if someone could tell me which zone that is..I will update my profile page.

Thanks
AFMOM

o
I'm in the Zone...lol

Well not sure which zone i'm in...I want to think I heard neighbor talking and saying zone 5..I live in Knoxville Tn so if someone could tell me which zone that is..I will update my profile page.

Found the zone...lol i'm zone 7 undated my profile..:-)
Thanks
AFMOM

o

My adoption with bcskye worked out great! She sent many great seeds and my garden will be full of delicious veggies.

o

I would love to be adopted! I'm in zone 7. I'm a newbie this is my first year gardening so hoping things will go o.k. . We put up 4 raised beds in the yard. The only thing our yard has had in the past is weeds. lol. I'm interested in veggies, flowers, herbs,and plants, anything but weeds. :)

o

hello everyone. My names patrick and im totally new to plants and gardens and all, but ive recently grown a few flowers. Im not sure what zone i live in, but im in el monte , ca. I liv in an apt and have limited space to grow, but my area doesnt get any direct sunlight. The plants i have seem tobe doing fine, but im hoping to be adopted and get seeds, and much needed advice on how to grow in the shade. Thanks in advance for any help. My email is legozombie86@gmail.com

o

Lairvine never answered my email... So I can adopt ThomKinLA if I have anything he/she wants.

o

zone3:
-emilyjessa- interests: Tomatoes, herbs, cucumbers, beans, lettuce, peppers, watermelon, strawberries or squash.
-chessmastor- interests: tomatos and herbs or anything grows well in containers
Zone 4:
Zone 5:
-elvimiller- interests: lima beans, blackeye/cowpeas, virginia peanuts, lettuce, and herbs.
Zone 6:
-jibpadrp- interests: all edibles
Zone 7:
-sneaselkat- interests: anything
-afmom-interests: pumpkins, gerber daisy, and birdhouse gourds
-peuapeu- interests: veggies, cottage gardens, and herbs
Zone 8:
-foresttiger- interests: fruits not grown on trees, vines, shade plants, container seeds and houseplants.
-farmer-boy- interests: anything
Zone 9:
-jastjohn- interests: any seeds particularly veggies and some squash.
Zone 10:
71.theadventurebite: adopted by cryptid
70.lbean: adopted by hornholler
69.KnG1975: adopted by bcskye
68.ryanv: adopted by ymaddox

o
update

I still have packs waiting for ryanv, elegance 108, pinusresinosa...have you guys sent your envelopes. are you still interested...if not there are alot on here that would appreciate your seeds. so let me know...thanks!!!

Lairvine i have removed you from the list as you was adopted and did not notify your adopter...if you wish to be readded please post and i will readd u... thanks

the following people do not have emails available and will be added to list when email is available:
snoopykitty/cat
snowflower02
also legozombie86 please post a zone and i will add you...you can do so by googling zone finder and figuring out your zone...thanks

annikasmommykate you can just pick and adopt anyone you like, if you dont have veggies it is okay they can trade some of the seed you send for veggies or request to stay on list for veggies...thanks

we have i think i counted 21 people awaiting adoption...could we have a few people step up and lets get these people adopted...thanks!

I will start off by adopting emilyjessa and afmom

o
thanks

big thanks to...bizarrogir, cryptid, and hornholler for your recent adoptions...it is most appreciated :)

o

I also wanted to add that I have been a member of a couponing website for years. I have made plenty of coupon trades in the past. My user Id on HotCouponWorld is tr8smith.

I'm totally new to gardening. Not new to the frugal lifestyle.

This is the link to hot coupon world.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hotcouponworld couponing forum

o
email

Hi, thanks my email: tr8smith@yahoo.com

o
anyone else?

I am adopting snowflower02 as well...anyone else up for three adoptions?

o

ok, i live in zone 8B. Sorry about not posting it before, and thanks for the help.

o

I'll adopt Andreafahey for now (because I already have a whole envy full for her) and then I'll check back and see what I have for the other two folks in my zone.

I don't have any veggies for her, so she might still want to stay on the list, but I have an envelope full of flowers for her :-)

o

I will adopt dmcdorman. A new adventure! Thanks for the post in the Round Robin to get me over here.

o

Hey there!
Sending Sneaselkat an offer of adoption :)

vina

o

Hi,

I'm located in Virginia (Zone 6B.)

I would love to have any variety that is suitable for my area for any of the following:

Tomatoes
Cucumbers
Peppers
Melons
Squash
Cabbage
Lettuce
Mustard Greens
Gourds

Flower Seeds:
Marigolds or Pansies

Thanks so much!

o

Looking through the list one more time and I see I can adopt nospringchicken and peuapeu well :)
Sending them both offers of adoption.
Happy Easter!
vina

o
RE: adopt a newbie 3-my first garden of my own :)

So, I am getting super excited for summer, as I am a college student that will be planning/planting my first vegetable garden since when I was a kid :) I didn't find this lovely page until after I had ordered this off of Amazon.
However, I am thinking of a few other things that I would like to plant:
cherry tomatoes
other vegetables?
fruit?
some annuals or prennial (maybe marigold etc.)
some kind of vine for a trellis
and any other wild things that you may have ;)

Unfortunately, I can't take plants right now since I live in zone 5 and planting won't be for another month. The garden is very close to Lake Huron, so the soil is sandy and I plan on adding in more topsoil. Also, as a plus, there aren't many weeds established in the general area. I would <3 any seeds and tips. I will try to send pics of my progress-I have a feeling that this garden will be beyond my expectations. Thanks!
buy_bnbn@yahoo.com

Here is a link that might be useful: what I ordered

o

Silentbirds, I can send you some mixed marigolds and some lupines (and a few other things) if you would like. I don't have any veggies, fruits, or vines that wouldn't destroy a trellis (the only vine I have is wisteria...only good if you want the trellis down LOL). Send me an e-mail if you are interested!

o

Hello, Dawgboy here in Sunny San Diego, Zone 10A.

I recently moved and most of my seeds were damaged in the move, so I am starting over in a new place and have very few varieties of veggies. I do, however have an abundance of space. I just cleared a 10'x20' space of turf and have at least 3 more I want to plant that size, plus A bunch of garden boxes I re-purposed from Jet engine part shipping crates.

Pics available In the url below.

I could really use any veggie or fruit seeds, Berry vine slips, herbs or ornamental flowers someone is willing to share. I am only working part time these days and really want to feed my family out of this year's garden. can't afford organics ya know...

What I have planted are all Seeds of change

Brandywine Tomatoes
Borghese tomatoes
Corno Di Toro Peppers
Orion peppers
Purple Bells
Satsumi Cucs
Star watermelon
Armenian Cucs
Crookneck Squash
Burgundy stringless beans

Here is a link that might be useful: Tiny pic pictures for Dawgboy

o

ymaddox I found your email in my spam folder and replied back...:-)

Happy Easter

AFMOM

o

Sun, Apr 8, 12 at 22:37

Received my seeds in the mail from ymaddox yesterday. Thanks again for adopting me!

o

I have lots of extras, and can adopt the newbies listed above in Zone 3. I didn't think green things grew north of me here in Zone 4. ;)
emilyjessa and chessmastor please check your email and let me know!

o

this thread is closed, please see adopt a newbie 4 and use this as reference to get to your adoptees pages...thanks!

o

I want to thank Flower34 for adopting me. I sent ym envelope out today. I can't wait! :)

o

Woohooo received my seeds...I like this...who else wants to adopt me? LOL love getting presents...;)

thank you so much Yvonne..:)

AFMOM

o

Received my adoption gift from cryptid very quickly and feel so blessed!! So excited to plant them and start to save our own seed! Thank you thank you thank you!

o

Hello I'm so glad i found this! i'm very new to gardening. I am intereted in squash, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, herbs, onions, beans, watermelon or other fruits and veggies.I'm in zone 6. my email is drowdayton@yahoo.com. thank you for all the help!

o

guys this thread is closed all replies should be posted on the adopt a newbie 4 thread :)...thanks. use this thread as reference if you adoptee's thread was on here...otherwise please post all info. to the adopt a newbie 4 :)

o

I'd like to be adopted!
I live in zone 9, I think. Phoenix AZ
What a great idea.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here