http://www.gardenweb.com/members/exch/muneca_fl

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Psycho White Cosmos

That's "Psyche", not "Psycho". (*grin*)

o

Hey got psycho cosmos seeds and yep mine are named "psycho"

Not very many because I planted out more than half of the pack but I would be happy to send you what I have left :)

Here is a link that might be useful: wildseed psycho cosmos

o

msbatt,
The seeds that i'm looking for is the Pshycho white cosmos, not the Psyche. If you do a search in the internet you'll find some pictures and information.

o

Hahaha....

Guess me and the crazy daisies and psycho cosmos should look for some sort of group therapy!

o

Actually, the correct name is cosmos psyche white and has been the name for at least 20 years. That was when they first appeared and where being sold as a new "breed" and a semi double pure white cosmos and I started growing them every year.

It is a common practice for seed companies to change the name of common flower seeds that have been around for some time; a practice that I abhor personally as it is nothing more than an attempt to get the consumer to believe that the plant is a new plant, when in fact is the same old plant with a new name and tricks the consumer into believing it is some new plant.

This is what has been done with cosmos psyche in this case, also being done by parks seeds with the cosmos candystripe been around forever and now being renamed cosmos peppermint candy and called new. it is nothing more than cosmos candy stripe with a new name.

if you do a search for cosmos psyche plant and then do one for cosmos psycho plant, you will find, on your own, they are the exact same plant, even the pics used most of the time with them are identical.

Fran

o

litteonefb,

Thank you for the information.

o

littleonefb,
Do you by any chance have an authoritative source for your information? I'd like to update a database I'm involved with that contains both names, and it would be nice to be able to have a reference for the correction.

o

Having worked in the seed business I can tell you that every seed house who produces these varieties lists them as 'Psyche'. They were probably renamed by retailers (happens all the time) without the customer knowing the difference.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here