Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Black Plum and Tommy Toe Tomatoes

Posted by EricaBraun 9b CA (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 26, 14 at 23:06

I have several trades worth of each of these seeds. They were grown indoors in a hydroponic unit and hand pollinated to insure pure seed. Fresh seeds -- less than a month old. I am redoing my unit for the spring, so these are the last of these seeds that I will have available.

Here is some info on the varieties:
TOMMY TOE is an heirloom originating from the Ozark mountains. Great for salads and juicing. It won top billing over 100 other varieties in an Australian taste test. Very productive. Indeterminate. 70 days.

BLACK PLUM is a Russian heirloom. It is a small "black" tomato with greenish shoulders. Very productive. Indeterminate. 75 days.
Recently Baker Creek conducted a test to determine the nutrient values of various heirloom tomatoes, based on their color. It was found that black, purple and brown tomatoes surpassed other colors in terms of nutrition.

If you'd like to trade, let me know!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Black Plum and Tommy Toe Tomatoes

Email sent!

o

I still have plenty of seeds for those interested. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you are interested in a trade.

o

Erica,

I'm definitely interested...

o

Since I live in the Ozark Mountains, I think I'd like to try. Check my seed list if there's anything you would like.

o

Think I've responded to everyone who expressed interest.

I still have a few more packs of each!

o

I would love to try both of these black tomatoes. Let me know if I have anything on my page that you would be interested in.

o

Do you still have those seeds?

o

Scorion1, yep, I still have them. Can't send you an email though, since you don't have it enabled. You can send me an email with seeds you have to trade, if you want to do a trade.

o

I am going to send you an email. Sorry about the email problem earlier. I fixed it when I seen your post. Thank You.

o

I am interested in your Black Plum, if you still have some. I just have 'flower' seeds to trade at the moment though: Coral Iris, Blackberry Lily (who doesn't have BL to trade) and some wild Orange poppy seeds. I also have some Jobs Tears that you might like. It is a very odd Asian/African grass the produces beads. No joke.

When I bought the 'seeds' last year, I was very disappointed that the company sent so few... Duh, each pod (bead) contains dozens of tiny seeds. Ended up with dense clumps. Should have separated them, but didn't know any better.

Let me know.

Patricia

o

Envireng, I can't really use any of the things you listed. Sorry.

o

No problem Erica. Maybe some other time.

o

Sent you an email :)

o

CaliGardener90062,

I'd love to trade with you. I responded to your email.

o

I am now out of Tommy Toes. I have one Black Plum remaining.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here