Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wanted: "bib mama" roma tomatoes

Posted by patslucy 3A (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 1, 14 at 14:32

would anyone have extra BIG MAMA ROMA Tomato seeds --right now all my saved seeds are so old that I would hate to send you a trade, but would send a self addressed stamped envelope for the tomato seeds.
had saved some from last years plants and got caught with them outside in a summer thunder and rain storm, naturally they all washed away.
thanks for any help you can be, you are appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wanted: "bib mama" roma tomatoes

How many were you needing? I could maybe spare a few.

I just ordered some from Burpees this year, so what I have are fresh, or should be.

In the past I have seen them on Burpee Seed Racks, so you might want to check that too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Otherwise...Big Mama at Burpees. $5.95 plus shipping for 30 seeds

o
RE: wanted: "bib mama" roma tomatoes

Hi Pat,

I got your email, and thought I'd reply here in case others might be interested.

Yes, Burpee shipping and handling is rather high for seeds. $4.95 for just one pack, and I paid $8.95 for 4 packs.

Something else you might want to consider, is Romeo paste tomatoes.

A good read about Big Mama and Romeo, complete with pics...RE: Anyone ever save seeds from Big Mama or Romeo?

I see Romeo is available on Ebay...see link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Romeo 20 seeds for $1.95 and $2.35 shipping.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here