Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tropicalfruittrader

HAVE: trade: custard apple seeds (annona reticulata) from massi

I am sitting on an obscene amount of custard apple seeds from a tree that produces the largest custard apples I have ever seen (4 pounders). I am willing to trade them for ANYTHING that grows in my zone. I will toss in extras for anyone who makes a deal. The fruit is amazing but I have more seeds than I know what to do with so I will happily trade them for literally anything that grows in South Florida (zone 10b). The fruit is massive so I would love to share these seeds. Please email me with ANY offer and the seeds are yours.

The custard Apple, also known as the bullock's heart or bull's heart, is the fruit of the tree Annona reticulata. The tree is a small deciduous ever green tree, which grows to an average height of about 6 meters. As a fruit of the tropics, the tree thrives in hot and humid conditions. It also occurs in many other parts of the world including Southeast Asia, Taiwan, India, Australia, and Africa.

The custard apple plant bears flowers on the mature branches. The fruits are generally round in shape and have a white and creamy flesh with an extremely sugary taste. The seeds of the fruit are lustrous black in colour, but are not consumed, as they are slightly poisonous in nature.

The fruit is available in a number of shapes like heart shaped, oblong or irregular. The size of the fruit varies from 2.8 inches to 4.7 inches. A ripe fruit often has a brown or yellowish surface with red highlights. The flesh is extremely grainy and sweet to taste.

Not just the fruit, but other parts of the trees also have their own benefits and uses. For example the leaves of this tree are rich in an ingredient used to make dyes, stains, inks, tattoos, etc. The whole plant is a rich source of hydrogen cyanide. The fatty-acid methyl-ester of the seed oil meet all the bio diesel requirements in many countries like USA, Germany and many countries in the European Union.

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company