Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: pics of pine cone seeds

Posted by dirt_farmer 6 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 26, 13 at 20:47

Hi,
These Pine cones are from white pine tree's. I split one open to show you the center and were the seeds are.The pine cones are over one year old hence they are not green anymore, but they still have a subtle pine smell.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: pics of pine cone seeds

They look like Norway Spruce cones, not white pine.

o
Boo Boo & pic

Kudos to naturegirl_2007 for picking out the Norway spruce. naturegirl_2007 please pick out anything on
my trade list or a combination and i will send it to u for free, no trade needed.

I picked these cones over a year ago and had white pine on the brain. I revisited the patch of trees and found them to be spruce, for sure. The white pines were in a separate patch about 50 feet from the spruce.
I have posted another pic that show the white pine to the left and to the right of it are the cones that came from the spruce tree that I picked the cones from.
In the center is a spring flower from a swamp. If anybody can ID this flower for me please let me know.
Luckily, know one has wanted the pine cone seeds that are really spruce seeds so I got lucky that none got sent out.

o
RE: HAVE: pics of pine cone seeds

Your wildflower is a trout lily, Erythronium americanum. Some people call them yellow dogtooth violets. The Name That Plant! forum has lots of people who are amazingly good at identifying almost any plant. Might try posting there if you have others you wonder about. Your plant is common near me so I know that one well. Looks like you have some good natural areas to explore.

Thanks for the trade offer, but I will pass on it. I have more seeds than I have room to grow already.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here