Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stefaniechamo_gw

WANTED: Black Pineapple Tomato

stefaniechamo_gw
9 years ago

Has anyone grown this one, I have read about it, looks delicious, I trade someone if they have this variety of tomato to spare. :)

Comments (3)

• coraktp
    9 years ago

I planted all of my seeds for this but I have extra seedlings and will have more cuttings as the season progresses and I prune the plants. I live in Yucca Valley, CA near Joshua Tree National Park so if you live near here, you're welcome to my extras. I don't think cuttings or seedlings would survive mailing without my spending a fortune on packaging and they still might not make it. You can wait until the end of the season when I'll have seed saved for next year OR you can just buy them from Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds at rareseeds.com.

• hattichranch
    9 years ago

I really like Black Pineapple (aka Ananas Noire). A really nice, meaty tomato with a nice tangy classic green tomato flavor, but with a little more sweetness and balance. And the color ... no two tomatoes look alike and some are more green while others are more bronze and gold. Very striking.

I do have seeds and I'd be happy to trade you some for some of your Asparagus 'Mary Washington.' I've never grown asparagus from seed - first time for everything.

• hattichranch
    9 years ago

Got your seeds today.

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?