Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anna2u

WANTED: Newbie here

anna2u
10 years ago

Hello I am a newbie for Mothers day I got a Hibiscus tree and it is growing and blooming and I am addicted lol so.. i am looking for a non common type Hibiscus seed or any other flower seed I am in zone 8-9 in Arizona I would love to swap but I don't have anything as of yet I don't knowhow this works but I would love to learn thanks..Anna

Comments (7)

• zzackey
    10 years ago

Buy some seeds, not at the dollar store and preferably something unusual and post them on here.

• kchd
    10 years ago

Hi Anna, welcome!
    This link will take you to a page to help get you started. It is full of great info for newbies :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Info for newbies

• anna2u
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you both

• chrizty
    10 years ago

Hopefully you can also collect seeds off that plant after it blooms to trade and also off the lil yellow flowering plant in the pic. If you have other flowers also collect seeds from them so you can trade this fall with :)

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    10 years ago

Click on my name and then click on 'send an email'. If you send me your name and address I'll send you some seeds to get your started. People helped me this way. Then you'll have something to list. There is a place to make your lists-one list for seeds you have to trade and another for seeds you are looking for.
    I'll tell you a few things I learned. Keep track of your trades. I never thought I'd need to, but it's amazing how confusing it gets. Create a page on the computer or in a notebook or something.
    You're in the club! Welcome, plant addict!
    Heidi

• zzackey
    10 years ago

I never saw a hibiscus go to seed. I used to sell them and I had about 500 of them at one time.

• domehomedee
    10 years ago

You're a little late in the season for planting in the southwest.
    I'm in California and some of my plants have already gone to seed. You can get an early start in Fall with perennial plants in a sunny windowsill on a heat mat. Annuals need to be started early Spring. If you like I can go through my seed box and find some seeds I think would grow well in your area. Send me your address by clicking on my name and going to the "send domehome an email link".

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia