Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_970892

Special Instructions for Exchanges:-Please Read!

littleonefb
15 years ago

Since this fell off to page 2 and reached it's max in moving it back to the top,

I thought I would bring it back.

It was started by Chemocurl because the link to the special instructions on the seed exchange forum was not working and still isn't.

Sue, I hope you don't mind that I did this.

Fran

chemocurl zone 5/6 S IN (My Page) on Thu, Mar 27, 08 at 8:11

Special Instructions for Exchanges:

* This area is for the purpose of exchanging seeds or plants of the type covered by this forum.

* The exchanges were created to facilitate the arranging of trades of plants and seeds between members. Please do not use them to solicit donations, ask for free plants or seeds, or ask for items in exchange for postage. All requests must be in the context of arranging a trade. If you have nothing to offer at this time, please wait until you do.

* All exchanges are restricted to users from a particular country, region or state. If it isn't indicated otherwise, the exchange is restricted to residents of the U.S. To find an exchange for your location, check the the exchange index.

* Each post must have a type of trade, subject and a message.

* Trading is done at users' discretion. GardenWeb has no control or resposibility over trades arranged here. Keep in mind some traders may let you down, so it might be wise to keep your initial trade with someone limited to smaller items.

* Messages addressed to or meant for particular users should be sent via email and are not allowed in the exchanges.

* If you have trouble with another person coming through with their end of a trade, you must deal with it privately. It is the consensus of the forum users that this type of thing be kept out of our forums. Any public accusation in this forum, or elsewhere at GardenWeb, will result in the accuser being banned.

* To avoid problems when shipping across borders and some state lines, it is best to ship plants bare-rooted and to label the container as such. It is up to the users involved to determine what is legal and what is not.

* This forum is for the purpose of exchanging material, there should be no need to mention money in any postings. If money is mentioned, the posting will be considered an advertisement and the poster will be banned.

* Trading of patented material is unlawful and is strictly forbidden.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Please do not respond to this post, so it will stay at. or near the top of the page. If it slips, please bump it back up.

Currently the link to the actual Special Instructions is a broken one. (I finally reported it, meant to the other day.)

Anyone with any questions concerning the Instructions, feel free to post a question on the Off Topic-Conversations Side of the Exchange Board. The link to Conversations can be found on the main page here, just above the list of Trade Threads

Sue...rbb

Comments (150)

• medontdo
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

WHOA!! are ya'll moving to the bottom again?? "pulling hard" back up to the top!!! LOL ~Medo

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

zip

• sguanzon
    15 years ago

Bumping up

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

bump

15 years ago

zip

• PKponder TX Z7B
    15 years ago

bumpity

15 years ago

zip

15 years ago

zip

15 years ago

zip

15 years ago

zip

15 years ago

coffee and bumping

• michelleluvsirises
    15 years ago

I feel like bumping too instead of just lurking.

• littleonefb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Travel time again

15 years ago

zip back to page one.

• littleonefb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

bump to page one

15 years ago

zip to the top

15 years ago

back to page 1

• s_p8987
    15 years ago

bump

15 years ago

Thanks sjp!

15 years ago

bump to the top

15 years ago

Michelle (our sweet lurker), thanks for bumping! :-)

Blessings,
    Angela

15 years ago

bump

• morguegirl
    15 years ago

Yikes, on page 4 today!

• littleonefb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yikes on page 3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• littleonefb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yikes on page 3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• littleonefb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

lost on page 2

• kascar
    15 years ago

thank you for this! i am new and could not get the rules to come up. ....bump

• littleonefb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Glad to help out the Newbies, Kascar.

Bump to page 1

• littleonefb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bump

15 years ago

bump

• sherrie_kay
    15 years ago

Sherrie says bump!

• littleonefb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Back to page 1

• littleonefb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Back to page 1

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

Hi everyone! I hope you all are well! :)
    Happy trading,
    I will be seeing you soon! ;)
    ~Angie

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

Another bump for you!:)

• littleonefb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

moving back to page 1

• littleonefb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Back to page 1

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

Bump! :)
    Hi Fran! :)

• littleonefb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bump,

Hi Angie, how are you doing?

• ollierose
    15 years ago

BUMP!!!

15 years ago

Anyone think it is maybe almost time to start a new one, since this one is getting kind of long and maybe slow to load for some on dial-up?...and me as my ISP has been giving me fits for 2 weeks now.

Anywho, I was thinking that maybe the original part of course would be kept, but that there could be additions made to it, like if you have nothing to trade, you are welcome to check out the many generous seeds for postage offers....like what to look for, etc.

and include a link to the Rate and Review Forum, since the SI is sort of obsolete that way.

And point out the Conversation side of the forum for non trade questions and friendly chatter.

I may start a thread later on the Conversation side with some 'proposed' additions, and ask for input to work out what sounds best without being overwhelming with tmi.

With my ISP as it is now, I hesitate to start a post. They are expected out Wed AM to check things out, and hopefully they will be able to find and fix whatever it is...sigh.

• littleonefb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sounds good Sue. Great idea.

Fran

• ollierose
    15 years ago

I Sue! I think that's a great idea! Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Diana

• ollierose
    15 years ago

I meant to say HI Sue!

• scottrell
    15 years ago

bump

• onetwothreetim
    15 years ago

I was wondering why that link didn't work. :) Bump.

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

I am doing great now Fran,how about yourself? I had a sprained foot that really set me back,but I am on the mend and ready to get these seeds sown! :) I have the Pink sunflowers set aside for you and will be contacting you soon for a trade! :)

Sue,sounds good to me! I will be looking for your post!:)

15 years ago

Ok...since 'regulars' are bumping and reading here, as well as newbies, I'll just start the proposed additions here, and you can tell me what you think and suggest better wording and stuff. I also will be making some words in bold.

While I do not particularly care for some of the wording in the official Special Instructions, I do think it is a must that it be kept as is, word for word, don't you think? I doubt if there is much chance of getting it reworded anytime in the near future.

Please bear in mind too that the Seed X FAQ will be being redone, so a lot of things can be explained to a much greater degree then.

I'll do more of it later and any and all comments are welcome as always. Constructive criticism is certainly welcome too.

Special Instructions for Exchanges:
    * This area is for the purpose of exchanging seeds or plants of the type covered by this forum.

* The exchanges were created to facilitate the arranging of trades of plants and seeds between members. Please do not use them to solicit donations, ask for free plants or seeds, or ask for items in exchange for postage. All requests must be in the context of arranging a trade. If you have nothing to offer at this time, please wait until you do.
    If you do not have anything to trade at this time, you are however welcome to respond to the many generous 'offers' of seeds for postage. These can be found by looking for posts that say seeds are available for sase, sasbe, beap, free, newbies, etc. Some posts will state that they are looking for trades, but will also consider sending seeds for postage.

* All exchanges are restricted to users from a particular country, region or state. If it isn't indicated otherwise, the exchange is restricted to residents of the U.S. To find an exchange for your location, check the the exchange index.
    Click here to see a list of all of the exchangescolor> There is also a link to all of the Exchanges at the top of page one here on The Seed Exchange.

* Each post must have a type of trade, subject and a message.
    Seeds for postage offers are also permitted, ie sase, sasbe, beap, free, etc

* Trading is done at users' discretion. GardenWeb has no control or resposibility over trades arranged here. Keep in mind some traders may let you down, so it might be wise to keep your initial trade with someone limited to smaller items.
    Before arranging a trade, you may want to check for reviews on the member at the Rate and Review Forum To search the forum for the member's review, use the Search box found just below the list of threads on the main forum page (page 1).

* Messages addressed to or meant for particular users should be sent via email and are not allowed in the exchanges.
    If for some reason you are not able to reach a member, ie emails are bouncing, emails are not being responded to, or you have lost the member's email address and they have no email link, you can make a post looking for the member on the Conversation side of the forum. A link to Off topic Conversations can be found at the top of the list of threads here on the main page (page 1) on the Discussion (Exchange) side. Often other members will be experiencing the same problems, or can share what information they have about the members whereabouts....ie sickness, family emergency, on vacation, computer problems, etc.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Suggestions?
    Comments?
    Is red OK for the additional comments? Might there be a better color or maybe a better font?...italics?

Does it sound 'friendly? polite? any better wording? grammar? spelling? Talk to me gang please.

• ollierose
    15 years ago

I think it's plenty polite. I might suggest a dark purple instead of red though. I think a lot of people are put off by red.

The word "the" is typed twice at the end of the sentence:

"Responsibility" is mispelled:

• littleonefb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'm here, talking to you.

Corrections posted already. wording is perfect, iMHO.

I prefer the red. The info stands out well.

One thought I had though. Should those that receive seeds from SASBE post on the rate and review forum?
    I'm betting that a lot of people who received seeds in SASBE offers do not post about the member because it wasn't a trade, it was an SASBE received.

Personally, I think that postings should be done for both trades and SASBE.

What do you think?

OH, Angie,
    you have a better memory than me, you must be younger. I forgot all about those sunflower seeds till you posted.

E-mail me about the trade.

Fran

Sponsored