Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
valthewizard

WANTED: Little Sister's "Flower List"

Val Minnich
10 years ago

My 8 year old sister wants to become a gardener like me and our mother, and so on. She has a long list of flowers and herbs and other plants she really wants, I've narrowed it down to some that I think would do best around here and wouldn't be too difficult for her to maintain. (With me and our mother's help of course)

Here are the flowers she is asking for:

Balloon Flower
Green Envy Coneflower
Passionflower Vine
Blue anagallis
Cosmos (she likes the white ones best)
Superbell
Any kind of Air Plant
Dahlia
Borage (Our grandma's favorite herb that my sister wants to try out)
Bloodroot
Phlox Subulata
Muskdana (Ambrette, or abelmoschus moschatus)
Gardenias

If you happen to have any extras, or any other plant that you think an eight year old would like, (she's not too picky and just wants to grow things) please contact me at my email or a follow-up to this post.

I only have a few things I'm willing to part with, such as:

Purple Hearts / Wandering Jews
Sugar Ann Snap Peas
Coriander (Cilantro Seeds)

I have a lot of all of these, and would be willing to trade for whatever is offered.

(I doubt she'll be able to get all of these mentioned plants, but even just a few would be really great)

Thanks for looking!
Val & My Sister Amber

Comments (5)

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    10 years ago

Hi!~
    I would love to send your sister some seeds. My 13-year-old daughter planted our garden this year. You should see it--it's all crammed together. What a learning experience, though, and she is so proud of her tomatoes!
    I don't need anything in trade. If you'll give me your address I'll send her some seeds which would be easy for an 8-year-old to grow and we're in the same hardiness zone. I do have balloon flower, too.
    Heidi in Nebraska

• cryptid
    10 years ago

I can send some seeds! Email me with your postal address. :)

• irisnquilt
    10 years ago

Just FYI the "Envy" coneflower will not come true from seed. It is a hybrid flower any seeds you receiving stating such will revert to one of the parents.

• tamela_star
    10 years ago

Hello,
    I have plenty of blanket flower seeds and columbine if you're interested. I know theyre not listed but they're pretty flowers and I have plenty.
    I'll trade for the purple heart/wandering Jew if you want

• Val Minnich
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks to everyone that sent us seeds! My sister and I really appreciate it :)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH