Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lynsyxo

WANTED: Seeds for public/community spaces (Hardy plants)

lynsyxo
9 years ago

I'm technically "new" to Garden Web, but I'm familiar with the forum. Over the years, I've consulted topics and threads on Garden Web whenever I had a question or idea about my garden. Now, I want to become an active member.

WANTED: Seeds for hardy plants that will survive the Chicago area (zone 5b) for public/community spaces throughout the city... these spots tend to be under trees in part shade/dappled sun to full shade.

Since I have recently finished planting seeds and transplants in my small urban courtyard, I want to start spreading the green into public spaces. There are lots of bare areas under trees here along the sidewalks, so my goal is to gradually turn the unsightly bare soil surrounded by ugly concrete sidewalks into beautiful green gems. I've already started by trying to plant offshoots from my own garden into these areas, but since my garden is so young, I don't have much to spare.

Unfortunately, I currently do not have seeds to trade. I recently moved to downtown Chicago, so my established garden is back in North Carolina (plus, many of those plants would not thrive here). If you live near me, I CAN OFFER plant divisions... but unfortunately, not many, because my garden here is still very young (under 5 months old) and most plants have not have enough time to properly establish. (Also, I plan to surprise my mail lady with a few hostas and groundcovers from divisions in the fall, since she consulted me for advice about her troubles with trying to keep perennials alive on the shady side of her house.)

If you have any seeds to spare, feel free to let me know! I can mail you an envelope with postage to cover the mailing costs... and next spring, when my newly planted courtyard begins to thrive, I can offer some seeds or divisions of my own :)

Thank you for your consideration!! :)

Lynsy

Comment (1)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES