Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vlron

We will share our freshly gathered 2009 seeds for a SASBE.

vlron
14 years ago

We will share our freshly gathered 2009 seeds for a SASBE.

Datura La Fleur Lilac seeds Growing to 18 inches, La Fleur provides 6 inch upward facing fluted type blooms in a lovely shade of lilac. Flowering in as little as 3 months from seed, this is an unusual and beautiful Datura that emits a sweet, gentle fragrance for summer evenings. Perfect for containers and patios, La Fleur blossoms open in the evening, covering deep green leaves with loads of blooms from early summer thru frost. Over winter La Fleur for next summers blooms. 6 seeds.

For sending a SASBE, ask for easy details of how we accept and handle. Make sure your email address is accessible on Gardenweb or we can't contact you back.

Comments (35)

• littleonefb
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

please send me info on your SASBE for these seeds. do you have a pic that you can post for all to see as well?

Fran

• jackie00
    14 years ago

Hello Vlron,
    Thank you very much for sharing your datura la fleur lilac seeds with us! Would you please send me instructions on how to send you the SASBE? I am a newbie, but I believe my email address is visible, now. :-)

Jackie00

• doma
    14 years ago

would love to try your Datura La Fleur Lilac seeds.I'm new at this so all I'll have to trade is marigoldes this year.

• littleonefb
    14 years ago

I haven't received the info yet, for the SASBE

Fran

• burry
    14 years ago

Hi -- I would love some seeds of your Datura La Fleur. It sounds beautiful. I really love daturas. When you say it flowers 3 months from seed, when do you start it? Thanks so much.

• jim_6b
    14 years ago

Please send me your SASBE info on the Datura.
    jim_6b

• nottougly
    14 years ago

Hi,
    If you have any seeds left I would be
    interestede in some for a SASBE or look at my list for a possible trade.
    Faye!

• medontdo
    14 years ago

do you still have some left? my plant died :'( and i would love to have a few of your seeds!! that would be pretty awesome!! **big smile** PLMK ~Medo

• oswego
    14 years ago

could i have some seeds for postage thanks oswego

• vlron
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Make sure your emails are set to go to the offerer.
    Will accept more.

• vlron
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Make sure your emails are set to go to the offerer.
    Will accept several more.

• broomrider1970
    14 years ago

I was wondering if by chance the La Fleur would grow in zone 4 and if you by chance had any seeds left? :)

• daisydawnny
    14 years ago

I would love some of your seeds if you still have some left. Thank you for your generosity.

• jackie00
    14 years ago

Hi Vlron,

Sent you an email.

• tropicaldelight
    14 years ago

I am interested in getting some of your seeds if you have any left. Please send info on what I need to do.
    Thanks

• ladycraft
    14 years ago

I would like seeds too if you still have them. Thanks Kathy

• whitefox1
    14 years ago

If you hve any seeds remainng, I would be very interested. I have pink and yellow brugmansia cuttings (not rooted yet, but easy to root), oriental poppy seed in mixed colors, and white Datura. Or, of course, SASBE! Let me know what you think--Datura are one of my favs!

• Joyce Knight
    14 years ago

I would love to have some of your seeds for a sasbe, if you have any left. Please let me know. Thanks, Joyce

• sexyeyes
    14 years ago

I would love some of your seeds.If any are still available?My email is sexyeyedkitten@hotmail.com if it does not show as I am still getting used to the site.

• nat_lia
    14 years ago

I would love to have the seeds, please send me the info for SASBE. Thank you.

• vlron
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Will send more.

• stlgirl
    14 years ago

Sending you an email

-StLGirl

• phyllisb2008
    14 years ago

I would like some please. sending email.

• plantsforever
    14 years ago

If you have any left, would love to sasbe or trade. Will have curry leaf seeds (murraya koenigii) ready to go in a few weeks.

Thanks

• urmymom
    14 years ago

i am sorry and i am new to this. why did i send you a SASBE and 3 stamps to get back, which i do appreciate, but to get back a small regular envelope using only 1 stamp? again i am sorry, i just thought that if you knew we didnt need a bubble envelope and 3 stamps that we only needed a small envelope and 1 stamp you would have told us this. i would have sent a regular envelope with only 1 stamp, instead of 2 and a regular envelope,not a bubble. i guess you also do it for postage?

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    14 years ago

vlron,

Would you please state the details on how you accept and handle this seeds for postage offer?

Do you want a bubble envelope mailed to you?
    Do you want 3 stamps ($1.32)in postage sent to you?
    Do you then get to keep the bubble mailer?
    Do you then get to send the seeds back to the member and just use a regular envelope and one stamp?

From the post above, it appears so.

That is clearly profiting from each and every member you send seeds to. That is not allowed. It is in violation of #6 in The Terms of Service you agreed to when you joined GW. That is a profit of 88 cents and a bubble envelope on every transaction. Now I know that is not a lot of $$, but all the same, I'm sure it adds up when you have numerous offers going, and are profiting a little from them all.

There are lots of GW members who try and help the newer members, explaining the use of bubble envelopes to properly protect seeds when trading. We try and explain the correct amount of postage needed for the different sizes of envelopes, so they won't have their envelopes returned for insufficient funds, or the receiving member have postage due. We explain that when sending seeds for postage, they are to only be charged the 'actual' postage. When you and others overcharge, it just totally upsets the apple cart, and makes things very confusing.

I fear that if the abuse of some members overcharging postage of these seeds for postage offers that GW will just do away with letting us do them at all on the boards.

You might want to request this thread be pulled. If you care to, you can then start a new thread, and please put the terms of the offer in your post.

There have many emails flying about members overcharging. Please be aware that besides confusing newbies, you are jeopardizing your GW membership.

I figured that asking you about the terms of your offer here would be the best way to get this straightened out and for all who had questions, to have them answered here.

• jim_6b
    14 years ago

Thank you Sue for the info above. This has been going on for to long and needs to stop now! I think it would be a good idea to post on the other thread also.
    I have contacted the powers that be to report the violations above.
    jim-6b

• urmymom
    14 years ago

I thought that I was going to get in trouble for this. I am glad that I am not. That maybe I did a good thing.

• vlron
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Clearly these people are out of line as no one is making a profit anywhere here. These people only want to control anyone else posting here on the Seed Exchange. We have sent out many, many free seeds to lots of folks. You complainers hate the PO and everyone else doing anything.
    No one is perfect all the time. The new PO regs are complex and sizes are all over the place and there is no set answer to necessary postage.
    99% of the time we do not have enough to cover our postage
    costs.
    God Bless them though.

• littleonefb
    14 years ago

urmymom, you didn't do anything wrong in your post. Your questions where appropriate to ask and deserve an answer.

Apparently the poster offering the seeds prefers to ignore your post and go after those that have posted about your post.

Don't let this experience deter you from the seed exchange. the good trades far out way the bad, I promise you this.

and Welcome to GW

Fran

• urmymom
    14 years ago

Thank you. I don't understand the post about the post office. It has nothing to do with my post unless the PO took the seeds out of the bubble env with my 3 stamps that I was told I needed to send for this offer and replaced it with a regular envelope ( the smaller one) with one stamp. Someone out there has my bubble envelope And 2 stamps. And it's not me. The worse part is I was expecting to get a bubble envelope back to use again. Being new that was the only one I had.
    I wonder how many other people got the same. Dang there was 85 post at .88 And 88 bubble envelopes. (they are precious to us newbies) I don't remember how many for the other offer. It adds up

• littleonefb
    14 years ago

Vlron,

No one is out of line on this thread and no one is trying to control everyone that is posting on this forum.

BUT, it does appear that you did profit from one member who mailed you an SASBE for your seeds.

And you are asking for more postage than really is required and asking for extra postage over what is required to send the seeds, implying to newbies that it is expected to send extra postage for you time in sending seeds.

In the case in question you where sent a bubble envelope and postage for your seeds. You sent the seeds in a small white envelope and used one stamp. You kept the bubble mailer and 2 stamps.

Sorry but that is profit, plain and simple and has been posted to you, that is against forum rules.

When someone is breaking the forum rules, there is nothing wrong with a member asking questions to find out what is going on, why the rules are being broken and pointing it out to other members.

The rules are there for a reason and if others can follow the rules, you can do so as well.

If you prefer to sell your seeds, as it appears you are doing by profiting on extra postage sent to you and keeping the bubble envelopes, there are places for you to go and join to sell your seeds.

GW seed exchange is just that, a seed exchange where members trade seeds for seeds and some offer seeds for postage and a bubble envelope. It is not a place to sell seeds or profit by ripping off members in postage and bubble envelopes.

It is true, no one is perfect all of the time, but there is nothing difficult in taking a bubble envelope that was mailed to you and putting the seeds inside, and mailing it with the postage sent to you.
    It's a lot easier than going out of your way to get a white envelope to send the seeds in.

AS for hating the post office? We are angry that far too many post offices are charging incorrect postage on bubble mailers and want it corrected all over the country, but to say we hate the post office is absurd as is saying that we hate anyone doing anything.
    That is totally ridiculous.

If you claim that you do not have enough to cover the postage, then you should contact the member and tell them that you did not receive the postage and will not send the stamps without it.

BUT, asking for extra postage because it would be nice or for your time, is selling your seeds. no other way to look at it.

There is really nothing complex about the postal regulations on sending bubble envelopes, the info is right on the USPS website, and if you print it out and take it with you to the post office and show them the info from the website, you will get the bubble mailers sent with the correct postage.

Below is a link to a post on conversation side with all the details you need for mailing bubble envelopes, the sizes, how they need to be packed and the prices for them based on weight.

Very simple to understand.

Oh, yes, you should be responding to Urmymom's post to you. She deserves a response from you as to why you mailed her seeds the way you did.

Fran

Here is a link that might be useful: Costs of mailing bubble envelopes (BE)

• jim_6b
    14 years ago

Vlron, I didn't email you this morning. I posted on your seed offer, said what I wanted to say and hit the submit button. It appears you have checked the box to have all replies to your offer sent to your mailbox so it was actually Garden Web that emailed you.
    The reason I'm posting this here instead of emailing you is because I refuse to be involved in a lot of behind the scenes drama. If you have something to say to me it can be said here for all to see and I will do the same.
    I'm sure urmymom as well as everyone is still waiting for a reply.
    jim_6b
    jrbb

• jim_6b
    14 years ago

vlron, to answer your question in the email you just sent, the response I was referring to was stated in Frans last post in the last sentence.
    Urmymom deserves a response from you as to why you mailed her seeds the way you did and I feel it should be posted here for all to see.
    BTW I am a little miffed that I didn't get invited to the seminar as did Sue.
    jim_6b

• maps31
    14 years ago

Hi
    I was wondering if you have a few seeds left?
    that would be great!
    Maryann

maps31@yahoo.com
    (want to make sure you get it)
    :-)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!