Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plantwhisper

WANTED: I Want Your Weeds!

plantwhisper
10 years ago

One man's weed is another's flower. I'm looking for roadside wildflowers and native plant seeds. Teasel, Yarrow, Liatris, Pink Camphor weed, Pipewort, Cardinal Flower, Mullien, Grouseberry, Mountain Ash, Coltsfoot, Creosote Bush, Stinging Nettle, Joe Pye weed. I have an extensive list of flowers, shrubs, trees, etc. to trade. I would like to connect with people in different parts of the US who roam their woods and fields. Email me.

Comments (4)

• tamela_star
    10 years ago

I have English ivy and Virginia creeper. You can have them both but you would be getting plants an not seeds. I could also give you a cutting of my blue crown passionflower but I don't consider it a weed even though it grows like one lol.

• Audrey McDermott
    10 years ago

Are you interested in any of the following?

Melampodium leucanthum (blackfoot daisy)
    Gaillardia (Indian blanket flower)
    Pavonia lasiopetala (Texas rock rose)
    Eustoma exaltatum ssp. russellianum (Texas bluebell aka wild lisianthus)

I'm taking a trip out to Central Texas (north of Austin) this weekend. If there are any specific Texas wildflowers that you might be looking for, let me know. My family has some land out there with tons of wildflowers all over the place.

• leila hamaya
    10 years ago

hey, i have a lot of this kind of thing =) and i forage out here a lot. i have been at learning to identify wild plants for a long time and i still feel like i have barely scratched the surface! so still learning.

i dont have all of these kinds of seeds listed on my seed trade list, but theres some there....i will attach my list too.

but heres some off the top of my head that i can send, let me know if you are interested in which ones....

mullien, i have tons of mullien
    wild chicory
    wild california mugwort artemisia douglasiana
    lemon balm
    red rasberry, from the wild
    cherry plums grow wild here abundantly, and theres also a big patch of these awesome small yellow plums.
    wild strawberry, "woodland"
    common mallow, malva neglecta, "cheese"
    another mallow wild/escaped from cultivation , beautiful purple hollyhock like flowers, very tall and huge leaves.
    california poppy
    wild flax, linum bienne
    sheep sorrel
    milk thistle
    pineapple weed
    wild roses, several kinds but i struggled to ID them positively
    theres more, for sure, i could get back to you with a bigger list.
    i could get you a LOT of queen's annes lace, its really abundant here.

i also have been gathering tree seeds. so far i have big leaf maple, california black oak acorns, and some black walnut from a local feral tree.

theres madrones, manzanitas, pines, these bean trees (acaccia?), dogwoods, and so many other kinds of cool trees here, but either the seeds arent ready, or i cant positively ID them.

i am very interested in the guava seeds you list, malabar spinach, peppers and tomatillo/physalis of any kind.....any fruit tree, or nut tree seeds....and any berries or cool edible feral fruit/berry seeds.

Here is a link that might be useful: my trade list

This post was edited by leilahamaya on Tue, Sep 24, 13 at 15:33

• kchd
    10 years ago

plantwhisper, we should connect. Our plant interests overlap and we could make a nice trade!

Sponsored