Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Quince, Rareripe peach, etc.

Posted by audrey z5 PA (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 30, 13 at 8:30

I have harvested a few seeds of quince (Cydonia oblonga) and can save lots of rareripe peach pits, if anyone is interested in those. The peaches are a bit smaller than most peaches but have a very good flavor and bear heavily. The quinces are about the size and shape of very large pears, but with a hard and somewhat fuzzy rind. They do have a tendency to split here in PA. I read that was due to too much water while they were ripening. To me, they taste something like tart apples, but with an additional floral flavor that's rather hard to describe. Both the quince and peach can be grown from seed; that's how we grew 'em!

At the moment I also have some fresh browallia americana, geum Blazing Sunset, and mirabilis longiflora, and should have some variegated poke (Silberstein) soon. If you are interested, you can see my want list at the following link and e-mail me from my member page. Trades only, please. Nothing for postage at this time.

Here is a link that might be useful: Audrey's Trade List

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Quince, Rareripe peach, etc.

Hello,
I sent you an email about other seeds on your list.

o

Hi Audrey,
I just send you an email.

o

i also just sent an email.

o

Hi Audrey,
I send an email of my trade list to you through GW but didn't received your mail back .
Are you still interest in trade ?
Thanks,
Joy

o

Joy,
I never received your list, which probably means there are some glitches with the GardenWeb e-mail again. If you are still interested in trading, you can contact me through the feedback form at my Thyme Will Tell web site.

o

Sent you an e-mail. If you don't get it, please reply to me at Robin_282@yahoo.com
Thanks!

o

Just sent you an email about the quince and Rareripe peaches. Hoping to hear back from you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here