Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bugbite_gw

Seed Exchange for Zones 9, 8 (maybe lower/higher)

bugbite
13 years ago

Hi,

I have a post a little further down which I will let roll off. I want to restate this, hopefully more clearly.

This exchange will be open to 4 people roughly in zones 8 and 9, or wherever the summer gets hot and winter not bitterly cold.

I and one other forum member are now participating and we would enjoy adding two more people to this exchange.

The theory is that we each purchase $20 worth of seeds from Geoseed (a great wholesale type seed distributor - lower prices on bigger quantities, like Sam's).

When we each receive our order, we divide the seeds from each seed package into fourths.

Then we send 1/4th of our seeds to the other 3 people and keep 1/4th for ourselves.

You get to try a lot of great, commerical seeds that way and can trade what you don't need or want on this exchange.

If you want to participate let me know. I will email you their 97 page pricelist.

As a bonus I am buying a lot more than $20 worth which I will split 4 ways, so you will get even a better deal than the great prices from Geoseed. (Also Geoseed has low shipping charges)

Currently seeds that are on our order list:

Vinca

a. Cora Mix

b. Viper Series - Mix

c. Cobra Series f1 - Mix

Cosmos sulphureus

a. Brightness series (new)

b. Carioca (new)

Coreopsis hybrida - Incredible! (new)

Agrostemma githago - Ocean pearl (new)

Petunia violacea

Penstemon heterophyllus - Blue Spring

Lobelia - Cambridge Blue

Digitalis Purpurea - Giant Spotted Series

Thunbergia Alata -Susie Series

For the winter garden:

Viola Cornuta - Arkwright Ruby

Viola Nigra - Bowle's Black

Viola Penny - All Seasons Mix

Your choices will be added to this list when you participate.

Thanks,

Bob

(Growflroses@yahoo.com)

Comments (2)

Sponsored