Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
indyseedbank

HAVE: for trade or sase tomatoes, endive, arugula, kale +

Update 11/2/2014 - The Endive is all gone, very few seeds ARE still available, in the mesclun lettuce mix, that IS still available.

Update: 11/3/2012 - Old Ivory Egg tomato IS gone.

Update: 11/3/2014 - The arugula is all gone.

Update: 11/6/2014 - Butternut Squash is gone.

If you contacted me, and got no response, or didn't get your seeds in a long while, recontact me.

I was swamped with emails, etc, and with so many requests, emails, IDs, waiting for SASEs, etc, your inquiry, might have been overlooked.

Today, the Postal lady charged me $2.50, to mail an ENVELOPE, and she called an ENVELOPE a"PACKAGE" just because it wouldn't fit through her letter slot template. So, because it was a micron too thick to slide through, she needs to charge me $1.50 more? So, because of this, people wanting anything other than tomato, or lettuce seeds, will have to send $2.50, to cover these inflated shipping fees. She also wanted to charge me $9.95, to mail a 2 pound box Priority Mail. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I'll send these, no trade needed, to anyone who wants to send STAMPS ONLY & ADDRESS LABEL\-\[address written on a piece of paper, or printed out\] or just the correct address written in readable print on the sent envelope. (I have many cards, envelopes, bubble envelopes & bubble wrap here, that need used up), or will trade if you want. When sending stamps, please include your Gardenweb ID, email address, seed request, and address label. (I've gotten envelopes with just a stamped envelope in them, and some real name, that I can't link to an ID or email, and so have no clue what they wanted, nor no way to contact them to find out. Paypal IS an option to get postage costs to me, if you don't want to bother sending/getting stamps/envelopes, or mailing them. It also saves the usage of one envelope, and stamp cost on your end. Please paypal as a "personal" "gift", to save on paypal fees.

I will NOT answer any requests, from now on, with NO contact info listed (the 1st post helps newbies know how to set up contact info on here),

OR an email with random characters like: f57hu7f@wherever.com, OR derogatory email/ID NAMES, LIKE "mybig****@whereever.com, etc- THESE WILL BE SEEN AS PHISHING ATTEMPTS.

I'm also not going to answer non specific seed requests, like "I would love some seeds". I'm not going to send 10 emails, trying to pry which EXACT ones you want, out of your responses. It's a simple thing, even for those typing on phones/Ipads or whatever, to simply state..."I would like.." " toms only/hybrids ok" "3 T2T(true to type) toms only" "all14(including hybrids)" "all/NO hybrids", "all toms/NO hybrids", "all/hybrids ok" or list out what SPECIFIC ones you want... "Copia, & Lettuce" "no toms/Lettuce&cantaloupe only", etc. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\` I use "Occupant" as a mailing name, for similar reasons. I get mail fine. IF THIS POST IS STILL HERE, I STILL HAVE THE SEEDS LISTED. I change the numbers of available packs, and erase any unavailable ones, as availability dwindles, now that we can easily edit posts!

I would prefer the return envelope for 1-8 seed packs (TOMATOES & LETTUCE ONLY) to have 1-2 first class stamps on it. (1 49 cent stamp, and extra for hand cancel, depending on who I get at the Post Office)

For 9-15 seed packs, (FOR ALL OTHER SEEDS IN ADDITION TO LETTUCE & TOMATOES) just send 5 stamps, worth about $2.50, (for $2.09/$2.25 postage+hand cancel) and I'll reuse a bubble envelope here. Any extra stamps, will be sent back.

If you want to do a trade, that's fine too, You can look at my exchange list, I really need Purple Beauty Pepper, Blood Red Turnip, red cabbage, lima beans, Berkeley Tie Dye HEART, and Rutabegas especially. My seeds are raised veganically vegan/organic in a permaculture no waste method. I'm not certified, just ethical. I don't use any commercial, animal based soil amendments. I do use pet rabbits who stay inside, and 6 little goldfish who stay outside except in the winter, as fertilizer factories. The fish keep my water catchment tubs free of mosquito larva, and infuse "nutrients" into the rainwater. The rabbits eat all kinds of vegan waste, baked potato skins, turnip, carrot, parsnip, beet leaves, banana peels, weeds, untreated grass, seed stalks, blackberry leaves, and even some flowers, and rose clippings. They are more efficient in reducing biomass, into usable fertilizer, than a compost pile. I have some tomato seeds...20+ seeds per pack 1\. Copia \- red stripes on a yellow background ( some unpacked available as of this posting\-GETTING LIMITED\-maybe 3 packs left) 2\. Amur Tiger tomato. \- dwarf \- grows to about 4 feet tall \- bears red and gold striped tomatoes, the size of ping pong balls or larger. When the green stripes turn gold, they are fully ripe. unpacked\-don't know how many packs they'll make. It's best to harvest this tomato before it's ripe, to prevent cracking due to environmental changes. 3\. Sub Arctic Plenty\-Dwarf plant, about 3 feet tall, early fruiting, small, red, irregular shaped tomatoes. SEE PHOTO. unpacked\-don't know how many packs they'll make. 4\. HYBRID tomato for growing and eating \- was medium orange \- crossed with a red hybrid to make red\-orange hand ball sized tomatoes, on plants that keep the parents wilt/wispy/droopy foliage \- plants are not sick \- This plant is the one of the first I grew and started learning to save seeds on \- the parent plant was offered as "open pollinated", but they didn't tell me it crosses easily, so won't produce true to type offspring. (100 packs available as of this posting) Since I saved seeds to it, I don't want to just throw them away. So if you know people wanting to grow for food, who aren't seed savers, these might work. Since I've learned what I'm doing, I won't be working with any hybrids any more. And some other veggie seeds... 5\. Cantalope \- Hale's Best \- unpacked \- limited amount available 15 seeds per pk 6\. Sparkler White Tip Radish\-\-unpacked 1/4 TEAspoon per pk 7\. Acorn squash seeds from squash grown from a store bought organic acorn squash. (I used them for a growing trial\-were organic store bought seeds viable, if so, could I grow them).RESULT:yes, they were viable, and I did get some squash from them. unpacked 10 seeds per pk Short season here, no greenhouse, row covers, cold frames, but I got 4 squash to grow. I hope to get more to grow next year. 8\. Lettuce\-Mesclun mix, may contain\-arugula, red russian kale, chervil, raddichio, bibb, red romaine, endive, & salad bowl green. unpacked\-1/4th TEAspoon per pk 9\. Red Russian Kale\-1/4 TEAspoon per pk 10\. Cherry Belle Radish ~somewhat limited availability 11\. I do have some beets, probably Detroit Dark red. but if you want these, I'm going to ask, that you send 5 stamps and they'll be sent in a reused bubble envelope I have here, along with any other seeds you want. Beet seeds are pretty thick to send in an envelope. One postal worker here, looks at me suspiciously when I try to send poufy envelopes with bubble wrap in them. "is this correspondence?" She asks, then says "do you want to repack it to make it flatter, or pay 21 cents more?" (She has since upped the additional fee to $1.50 more, and calls envelopes "packages".) She tries to push the envelopes through a slot meant to gauge MACHINED envelope thicknesses, NOT hand canceled ones. She doesn't hand cancel them in front of me, but says she will, but I doubt she actually does that. The other "nice" postal lady, just weighs and hand stamps them, with no interrogation. I have to figure out when the nice one works, and go that day only. I quit going to the Post Office in town because of the half hour or longer lines caused by the interrogations, and trying to find any reason to charge people more, or make them repack their stuff. If you want all 13, send 5 stamps only, (worth $2.50), I'll reuse a bubble envelope here. If the postage is less than that, I'll send extra stamps back to you. $2.50 ./. 14 \= 18 cents a pack~pretty cheap in these times, for 14 types of seeds, to start your garden! I can send 8 mini packs in ONE single stamped envelope. [
](http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/exseed/msg1000215217650.1000234019123.jpg) This post was edited by seedtraderyandex on Thu, Nov 6, 14 at 18:39

Comments (13)

• K Andreas
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I would love 1 of everything. Please send your address so I can get the envies out... Sumwhare@aol.com.com

• vaflowernut
    9 years ago

sending email :)

• tadg65
    9 years ago

I have sent email few days back but have not heard back from you as of yet. I am interested in all that you have to offer, please let me know where to send SASE. my email is: babycountrygirl65@hotmail.com TIA

• xXMackXx
    9 years ago

Hi, I am a part of my agricultural class at school and we created a fully indoor, self-sustained hydroponics system. However, as we are a public charter school, we have limited resources and are looking for donations. anything you can offer would be amazing. we can offer payment for shipping or SASBE. If you consider making a donation, please email me at makenziejordyn@yahoo.com
    Thank you so much,
    Jordyn
    P.S. We are just now learning how to start from seed, so any kind of donations you make would be appreciated. Plant sales will be used to help fund the school and excess produce will be donated to a local soup kitchen. :D

• grdngramma
    9 years ago

I would love to have all types. I'll send you an email with my particulars. Thanks very much.

• seedkeeper
    9 years ago

I am interested in your copia and amur tiger, and sub arctic plenty tomatoes. Please look at my list to see of i have anything you would like. I have lots of lima bean and Purple Beauty Pepper and berkley tie die also.

• Wood Sprite Gardens
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I sent 3 SASEs out today, including...

crester's order, Glenda's order, and one order for all 14 with hybrids, that is not the "mack" order (I don't think I got your envies/stamps yet.)

I got "sarah" & "cowboy Dad" SASEs, and I'm still working on them.

• mrsmodernhousewife
    9 years ago

Would love to try the old ivory egg tomato. Email is mrsmodernhousewife@yahoo.com

• Wood Sprite Gardens
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The 1st 14 to go out, was probably "sumwhare"s.

"sumwhare", let me know if you don't get any.

Today, these will be going out...

"sophie" ~ "cowbow dad" ~ "Sarah" & "Vaflowernut"

I'm still figuring out "grdngramma" & "seedkeeper"

"mrsmodernhousewife" is ready, but waiting on an address.

If you requested seeds, but don't get any in a week, let me know, I don't deliberately overlook people, but with so many different IDs, emails, etc, it is possible that your request got lost among them.

I'm still waiting to receive the "mack" SASEs.

ENDIVE IS ALL GONE (hopefully some outside for "mack" if she wanted any)

THERE'S ONLY 1 HYBRID RED CHERRY LEFT

• Wood Sprite Gardens
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Today, Say 11/1/2014,

3 more are going out today...

"Wanda", "Jamie" & "vaflowernut".

Still waiting on the "mack" SASE.

• gvozdika
    9 years ago

I'm interested in your Copia, Old Ivory Egg, and Sub Arctic Plenty tomato seeds.
    Have fresh tomato seeds to trade (I did not bag the blossoms):
    Tiny Tim
    Silvery Fir Tree
    Yellow Taxi (sweet tomato)
    Klukva v sahare (cherry)
    Let me know if you'd like to trade. Also have fresh Jalapeno M seeds.
    Sending an email. Thank you.

• cryptid
    9 years ago

Hiya!

I have:

Basil - Lemon Mrs. Burns - Packed for 2014 - Commercial
    Radish - Early Scarlet Globe - Packed for 2011 - Commercial (2 unopened packs)
    Radish - Hailstone - 2012 (from a trade)
    Celery - Ventura - Packed for 2014 - Commercial
    Chives - Garlic - 2014 (home grown)
    Tomato - Chocolate Cherry - 2013 (from a trade)
    Tomato - Rio Grande - Packed for 2014
    Tomato - Yellow Pear - 2013 (from a trade)

I would like:

Tomato - Subarctic Plenty
    Tomato - Amur Tiger
    Tomato - Old Ivory Egg
    Tomato - Copia
    Plus whtever other Tomato varieties you'd care to send

PLMK! :)

• xXMackXx
    9 years ago

Hi! College freshman here experimenting with hydroponics and currently looking for seed donations. If you would like to help me out (and i will be sure to pay it forward) please email me at makenziejordyn@yahoo.com
    Much appreciated!!!
    Jordyn
    I would be more than happy to send postage :D

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm