Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
only1god_gw

WANTED: Giant Sunflower "Bush" Seeds?

Only1God
9 years ago

Does anyone have seeds for the Giant Sunflower Bush? (not regular sunflowers, this is a bush, it grows 6-8+ foot and is just beautiful when in bloom)

Comments (5)

• sahmjay
    9 years ago

I have some sunflower bush. it was over 6' tall. didn't give it the love it could to get 8+'

• Sienna Mae Heath
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Where did you buy the seeds? Are they encelia californica? Are there other varieties of bush sunflowers?

I found these, but they look stringy in the photo: http://www.ssseeds.com/plant-database/encelia-californica/

I'm looking for decent sized sunflowers with lush foliage.

• mrscole8
    6 years ago

I believe this is the name Bush sunflower, Tithonia diversifolia

• harold100
    6 years ago

I grow those tithonia here in Virginia. The flowers are 4-inch dark orange bordering on red. The bushes can get from 5 to 8 feet in height and they are annuals. They are nicknamed Mexican sunflowers but they are not in the sunflower family at all. Drop me a private message with your address if you would like to have some of those. Happy gardening

• ddkcat
    6 years ago

I have rudbeckia herbstonne which grows that high too: a perennial with yellow flowers and green 'eye' which changes to brown. Can keep it lower [5' or so] by cutting down early in the season. Would like to trade for flowers - Doreen.

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals