Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rqeversole

WANTED: have: heirloom vegetables want: flowers

rqeversole
11 years ago

Hey there!

Been off of here for a year, but now I'm back to try to find some awesome flower seeds! I was unable to grow my garden out this year as we finally bought a house and have been in the process of repairs and fixing it the way we want things. So, my seed list has many things in red that say 'available 2012'. I do have these available in small quantities (5-10) seeds depending on variety. They are for the 2012 growing season.

Now that I have a monstrous yard, I am looking to fill it with tons and tons of nice flowers. I only like red, blue, purple, and white flowers. NO yellow, peach, etc please :-) . I am also looking for cutting/divisions/seeds/etc for Japanese maple (dwarf varieties preferred), hostas, heuchera, grasses, bulbs, and other ornamental plants. I also need lots of shade plants as well as full sun.

Here's my reviews: http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/raterev/msg1201243719864.html

Happy Thanksgiving!

Robert

Comments (13)

• graanieb
    11 years ago

Hi Robert, don't think we've traded before ( or I'd have posted a positive note in Rate, seeing all other posts), let me be first one to welcome you back.
    I've bunch of flower seeds and am needing pole beans and cucumbers, especially recommended tasty and colorful new beans to try, check my list and let me know, thanks.

Bea

• rqeversole
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Bea,

Are you interested in dry beans or green beans? I have TONS of cool dry beans, but I don't really have a lot of really colorful green beans right now (though I do have a few). I will look at my cucumbers and send you a list of what I have that is especially tasty :-)

• avidgardener25
    11 years ago

I have some knoila black morning glory, lupine, and deep blue morning glory.I would be interested in some of your thai sun pepper,yucatan white habanero, and jwala. Please send me an email if you are interested. Thanks! And welcome back!

• gvozdika
    11 years ago

Hello Robert, I have Siberian Iris blue or maybe purple, can't quite tell. What is your zone? I have Camas that is blue, it grows well in a shade under trees. Would you consider these as a trade for your Lady Godiva? If not, any of your radishes that would be fun for kids to grow and eat? Thank you, Irina

• graanieb
    11 years ago

Hi Robert, I'm needing more pole beans, dry only- am really easy to please. Also your favorite long cucumbers and shorter tasty carrots.
    Tree seeds I have:
    Elderberry, Candlestick Caccia, Golden Thryallis, Oleander hot pink, Red Bud Tree, Crepe Myrtle Red and "Natchez" long blooming white, Golden Trumpet Tree, Jathropa Multifida (Coral tree=poisonous if ingested), Night Blooming Jasmine-seeds ready in about 3 weeks-trading lots, need to google Cardoon and Cape Gooseberry I got in trades,not sure if they're shrubs/trees, in either case they're yours if you want a=them or any or all of these, see you in email, thanks.

Bea

• davsher
    11 years ago

hey robert I sent you email with a list, haven't heard from you. would like to have the polish linguisa. i have red trumpet vine or bush moon flower to trade, or take a look at the list in the email. David

• rqeversole
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hello everyone.

First, I apologize for the long delay in replying. We lost 3 family members the day before thanksgiving, so I have been a little distracted lately. I am currently sorting through seeds (moved ths summer), and will email each of you within the next week.

• graanieb
    11 years ago

Oh God, so sorry ...3 at once? Was it suddenly? No matter, have my sympathy and prayers, trades can surely wait til spring, thought so all along, take care, blessings and peace.

Bea

• rqeversole
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Bea,
    2 were together in a car accident, and my uncle was a terminal illness. I wasn't very close with them, so the impact to me isn't that bad, but some of my family are taking it very hard. Thank you for your thoughts!

Robert

• graanieb
    11 years ago

Robert, must be hard on everyone , especially those closest to the departed. Keeping yourself busy I imagine, yard work can be a therapy, even seed trading, organizing, prayers for healing.

• davsher
    11 years ago

Robert! no words at this time can express our deepest sympathy for you and your family! as far as any of the trades they can wait for another time. our best wishes are with you, and God bless. David

• rqeversole
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you for the kind wishes. Over the past couple of days, I have been working on inventorying my seeds. If you look at my trade list, you will see all of my varieties and current seed count, with instructions at the top. Please let me know if you still wish to arrange a trade!

Robert

• gvozdika
    11 years ago

Hello, Robert. Sorry for the loss in your family.
    I'll pass on the trade but still can send you Iris and Camas next year if you are interested.
    Do you know how long naked seed pumpkin seeds stay viable? Thank you, Irina

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting