Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
smokymist

HAVE: Many Heirloom Tomatoes, looking for Heirloom Peppers

SmokyMist
11 years ago

In 2012 I went crazy planting heirloom tomatoes...in 2013 I will be planting more tomatoes, but want to go crazy planting different varieties of sweet peppers.

I am not interested in really HOT peppers...I'm not heat tolerant . I would love to find any of the sweet pimento peppers also. Heirloom varieties would be best.

Please be sure of what you have. I traded for seeds last year that were supposed to be sweet bell pepper, but they were Tangering Sweet Pimento Pepper ( which I loved, but was not expecting )

I have these heirloom tomatoes to offer in trade :

1.) Abraham Lincoln

2.) Oxheart

3.) Amish Yellow ( a very prolific , hardy yellow)

4.) Blacy Nyagous

5.) Super Snow White ( special trades )

6.) Annie's Sunshine

7.) Bread and Salt ( huge tomato )

8.) Panteno Romenesco

9.) Black from Tula

10.) German Lunchbox ( special trades)

11.) Costoluto Genovese

12.) Black Russion Truffle

13.) Russo's Sicillian

14.) Aunt Ruby's Yellow

15.) Kentucky Pineapple ( beautiful yellow with red center, great flavor, large fruit )

16.) Hippie Zebra

17.) Black Krim

Comments (20)

• SmokyMist
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi there, I think I actually have these. My mother grew them, and they are very sweet. Thank you though for the offer.

• SmokyMist
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I should add, I have pictures of every single one of these, as it is so important to me when saving heirloom seeds, I wanted to save the seed, and the photo of the actual 'fruit'

• girlgroupgirl
    11 years ago

Hey Smokey:
    My #1 best performing pepper is the Yolo Wonder. It out performs all others, although I find it needs to move every few years due to soil borne illnesses here in the South. The yeilds can be late, but heck, I'm getting like 25 peppers on each plant. Some smaller, some huge.
    Lemme know if you are interested in seed, but they aren't hard to find.

• SmokyMist
    Original Author
    11 years ago

GGG I always love trading with you, and I would love to trade for that pepper. Check out my trade list and let's make this a bigger trade :o)

• love2save
    11 years ago

I just found this site and was packaging up my pepper seeds and thought I would see if I could find any exchanges, as I didn't get around to saving my tomatoes this year, but had so many sweet peppers. Your post just seemed to be exactly what we were both looking for.

I have tons of Sweet Italian pepper seeds...two varieties: Gia and Rossa (both from Annie's Heirloom's). I have more Gia then Rossa. They were both amazing as far as producing, but the Gia's definately outperformed. They are yellow. They taste a little more like bell peppers than the red do if eaten raw, but are wonderful in cooking. Rossa is obviously red and VERY SWEET.

I am new to heirlooms and like to sell plants, so I am looking for varieties that will be popular with the average gardener (i.e. beefsteaks, good producers). I have Mr Stripey (a yellow beefsteak), so I don't need any yellows. Could use a good grape or cherry, as the variety I bought turned out to be way too tiny for my liking.

• SmokyMist
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I would love to trade for your Italian's. I also sell my tomato plants in late spring and I grew every single seed I am offering, so I can tell you about these tomatoes...I don't have any beefstake varieties, however, I found the Bread and Salt to be a really surpricing producer. Very large. The type you can take one slice for a sandwich. I would also trade some of my German Lunchbox. It is listed as a rare seed, but I have to tell you I liked nothing more than to walk through the garden plucking the tomatoes to eat right there. very sweet flavor. Email me..I can talk forever about seeds and I don't want to bore everyone lol.

• krimtastic
    11 years ago

Attn "love2save" I have Supersteak seeds if you want to trade?

Sorry, I am not trying to threadjack, I have no way to pm love2save as they turned off the email setting.

• SmokyMist
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I really don't appreciate it, as this is my thread. Maybe you should start a new thread ?

• SmokyMist
    Original Author
    11 years ago

she /he has a previous post listing what she has for trade, you could have posted there.

• krimtastic
    11 years ago

Well I did say Im sorry and the real reason is that they cant be contacted through email or pm, one big happy community and all.

Sorryagain...

• krimtastic
    11 years ago

Well I did say Im sorry and the real reason is that they cant be contacted through email or pm, one big happy community and all.

Sorryagain...

• SmokyMist
    Original Author
    11 years ago

No problem, I realize you're very new and didn't realize, but she did make another post offering her seeds, and that would have been the way for you to post.

• love2save
    11 years ago

I believe I have corrected the problem. Sorry, just joined and haven't figured out this site yet.

• gr8heather
    11 years ago

Please check this list of everything I have, and let me know if you're interested in any if it. I do have photos of most.

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/exseed/msg1113040224813.html

You have lots of tomatos I'd like to try!
    Thanks!

• girlgroupgirl
    11 years ago

Smokey,
    I've just been slammed busy and I'm sorry I didn't get back to you!! Hopefully you will forgive me and we'll get on with this trade. You've got stuff I'm pining for :)

• cheveboy
    11 years ago

i have Pepperonci(pickling Pepper or for salad) Would Like to try Black Krin or any Black Tomatoe.

• remy101
    11 years ago

I have pulla, arbol, guajilo, upside down , red chilli pepper seed

• franc
    11 years ago

Check out my page I have tomato seed to trade

• ssikpuppy
    11 years ago

You have many tomatoes i would love to try! I have these Sweet Ancient pepper seeds, here's a link to see more about them

Here is a link that might be useful: Sweet Ancient Pepper

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?