Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
food_lover

HAVE: Seeds for postage

food_lover
11 years ago

Hello folks,

As part of my job, I manage a small community seed project. I would like to pare down the seeds we are holding onto because some are losing viability. There are a few seed varieties that I would like to offer to the seed exchange community. The germination rates are low (tested this September and October, rates are out of 100 tested seeds), but you can plant them thick. I will send unopened packets and if you think you will need two to make up for the low germ rates, let me know. Ideally 10 or more different people will be able to get seeds if that many are interested.

As of the moment, the following is what I have available.

Tomatillo, germ rate: 58%

Habanero peppers, germ rate: 25%

Hutterite soup bean, germ rate: 57%

Magenta lettuce, germ rate: 48%

If you are interested, please post here and I will email you the address. Please send the addressed envelope or bubble mailer you would like me to use as well as enough postage to send you what you would like. Please let me know how many packets of each you would like. I have about 20 packets of each, except for the tomatillo seeds which have not yet been packaged. Please keep in mind that these should be stored well and used soon as the germination rates are already pretty low.

Please post or email any questions. Sometimes emails get lost in my inbox so please resend if you do not hear from me soon.

Thanks!

Jay

Comments (26)

• petunia_2006
    11 years ago

would love 2 pks of your hutterite soup bean and
    2 pks of your magenta lettuce
    Thanks Jay

• zzackey
    11 years ago

I would love to have two pks of your Hutterite beans, tomatillos and your Magenta lettuce. Do you want any seeds in exchange?

• bedbugbetty
    11 years ago

Would love to have 2 packs of tomatillo and maybe 2 packs of the Hutterite soup beans and if I'm not being too greedy, I would enjoy the habaneros as well.

• food_lover
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I sent each of you an email with the address to send your enveope or bubble mailer. Can you also include the list of seeds you want in the package and your GW username so I can keep track of things.
    Thanks!

• rockwhisperer OK zone 6A
    11 years ago

I'd like some of the Hutterite Soup Beans if you still have some.

• brambleoak
    11 years ago

Hi,
    I'd love a couple pkgs of your:
    Hutterite soup bean
    Magenta lettuce

Thanks so much for sharing!
    Jan

• greengirl2009
    11 years ago

Jay,
    Thanks for the offer. Interested in trade of each seed.
    Greengirl

• katkni
    11 years ago

I'd like 1 package of anything available.
    Sending email with address.

Thanks so much!

• katkni
    11 years ago

I mean emailing FOR the address. LOL

• grdngramma
    11 years ago

I'd like some of whatever you have left, let me know at mamahack@hotmail.com. Thanks very much. I'm a kitchen gardener too.

• food_lover
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    I am glad there has been such a positive response to this offer! I realized that the lettuce is not already in packets. Instead of sending two packets of lettuce (and tomatillos), I am just going to put twice as many seeds in one packet. For the lettuce, we usually put 1/4 teaspoon which is about 250 seeds. I am going to put 1/2 teaspoon instead.
    I am looking forward to receiving your envelopes!
    best,
    Jay

• food_lover
    Original Author
    11 years ago

If you have already posted requesting seeds, I have set aside your seeds so they are ready to go when your envelopes with postage arrive.

If you have not yet posted, I still have the following available:
    Habanero Peppers: 14 packets
    Hutterite Soup Beans: 9 packets
    Magenta Lettuce: a bunch, I am filling packets as the requests come in.
    Tomatillos: a bit, I am filling packets as the requests come in.

• domesticdiana
    11 years ago

I am interested in 1 pk of tomatillo, 2 pks of hutterite, 2 pks of habanero and as much seed of the lettuce as you can spare (preferably 2-3 pks). Please let me know if this is ok with you so that I may send you a sasbe for these seeds! thanks for sharing!

• Rachelle
    11 years ago

I am interested in the Hutterite bean, tomatillo and lettuce seeds (2 packs each, if available).

Thanks!

• davsher
    11 years ago

i am interested in 2 pks of tomaatillo,hobanero,and magenta lettuce. thanks

• pnbrown
    11 years ago

I would go for the hutterite bean if you have any left, thanks.

• food_lover
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    Today I received envelopes from the following people:
    zackey
    pnbrown
    rockwhisperer
    davsher
    brambleoak

I will be sending out the seeds tomorrow. Please let me know when they arrive.

If you requested seeds and have not sent your envelope yet, please send it soon.

Best,
    Jay

• gardenblue13
    11 years ago

I would like 3pkgs lettuce seeds and 3 pkgs of the bean seeds for sase. thanks

• Farmer_Jessica
    11 years ago

Hi. I would take anything you're willing to part with if you have any left. Thanks.
    J

• domesticdiana
    11 years ago

Have yet to hear back from you about our special trade. Please email me so that I may mail out postage and seeds (I need an address)!

• socalgardengal
    11 years ago

Hello, I would love tomatillo and soup bean if still available. Thank you food lover!

• sassybutterfly_2008
    11 years ago

I'd love a pack or two of the Hutterite Beans if you still have any available, and/or if anyone doesn't claim by sending in their postage. Just let me know.

Thanks a bunch!
    Sassyb.

• zzackey
    11 years ago

I received my seeds yesterday. Thanks!!!!!

• amberleeladybug
    11 years ago

Food_Lover, Do you still have seeds available for SASE?

• Just_Jes
    11 years ago

These still available? I can send SASE. Thanks. Will take anything you are willing to part with. Thanks again.

• paysoncrafter
    11 years ago

Do you still have seeds available? Would love anything you have to part with. Thanks so much.
    Sarah

Sponsored