Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Seeds for postage

Posted by Food_Lover six (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 5, 12 at 21:04

Hello folks,
As part of my job, I manage a small community seed project. I would like to pare down the seeds we are holding onto because some are losing viability. There are a few seed varieties that I would like to offer to the seed exchange community. The germination rates are low (tested this September and October, rates are out of 100 tested seeds), but you can plant them thick. I will send unopened packets and if you think you will need two to make up for the low germ rates, let me know. Ideally 10 or more different people will be able to get seeds if that many are interested.

As of the moment, the following is what I have available.

Tomatillo, germ rate: 58%
Habanero peppers, germ rate: 25%
Hutterite soup bean, germ rate: 57%
Magenta lettuce, germ rate: 48%

If you are interested, please post here and I will email you the address. Please send the addressed envelope or bubble mailer you would like me to use as well as enough postage to send you what you would like. Please let me know how many packets of each you would like. I have about 20 packets of each, except for the tomatillo seeds which have not yet been packaged. Please keep in mind that these should be stored well and used soon as the germination rates are already pretty low.

Please post or email any questions. Sometimes emails get lost in my inbox so please resend if you do not hear from me soon.

Thanks!
Jay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Seeds for postage

would love 2 pks of your hutterite soup bean and
2 pks of your magenta lettuce
Thanks Jay

o

I would love to have two pks of your Hutterite beans, tomatillos and your Magenta lettuce. Do you want any seeds in exchange?

o

Would love to have 2 packs of tomatillo and maybe 2 packs of the Hutterite soup beans and if I'm not being too greedy, I would enjoy the habaneros as well.

o

I sent each of you an email with the address to send your enveope or bubble mailer. Can you also include the list of seeds you want in the package and your GW username so I can keep track of things.
Thanks!

o

I'd like some of the Hutterite Soup Beans if you still have some.

o

Hi,
I'd love a couple pkgs of your:
Hutterite soup bean
Magenta lettuce

Thanks so much for sharing!
Jan

o

Jay,
Thanks for the offer. Interested in trade of each seed.
Greengirl

o

I'd like 1 package of anything available.
Sending email with address.

Thanks so much!

o

I mean emailing FOR the address. LOL

o

I'd like some of whatever you have left, let me know at mamahack@hotmail.com. Thanks very much. I'm a kitchen gardener too.

o

Hi Everyone,
I am glad there has been such a positive response to this offer! I realized that the lettuce is not already in packets. Instead of sending two packets of lettuce (and tomatillos), I am just going to put twice as many seeds in one packet. For the lettuce, we usually put 1/4 teaspoon which is about 250 seeds. I am going to put 1/2 teaspoon instead.
I am looking forward to receiving your envelopes!
best,
Jay

o

If you have already posted requesting seeds, I have set aside your seeds so they are ready to go when your envelopes with postage arrive.

If you have not yet posted, I still have the following available:
Habanero Peppers: 14 packets
Hutterite Soup Beans: 9 packets
Magenta Lettuce: a bunch, I am filling packets as the requests come in.
Tomatillos: a bit, I am filling packets as the requests come in.

o

I am interested in 1 pk of tomatillo, 2 pks of hutterite, 2 pks of habanero and as much seed of the lettuce as you can spare (preferably 2-3 pks). Please let me know if this is ok with you so that I may send you a sasbe for these seeds! thanks for sharing!

o

I am interested in the Hutterite bean, tomatillo and lettuce seeds (2 packs each, if available).

Thanks!

o

i am interested in 2 pks of tomaatillo,hobanero,and magenta lettuce. thanks

o

I would go for the hutterite bean if you have any left, thanks.

o

Hi Everyone,
Today I received envelopes from the following people:
zackey
pnbrown
rockwhisperer
davsher
brambleoak

I will be sending out the seeds tomorrow. Please let me know when they arrive.

If you requested seeds and have not sent your envelope yet, please send it soon.

Best,
Jay

o

I would like 3pkgs lettuce seeds and 3 pkgs of the bean seeds for sase. thanks

o

Hi. I would take anything you're willing to part with if you have any left. Thanks.
J

o

Have yet to hear back from you about our special trade. Please email me so that I may mail out postage and seeds (I need an address)!

o

Hello, I would love tomatillo and soup bean if still available. Thank you food lover!

o

I'd love a pack or two of the Hutterite Beans if you still have any available, and/or if anyone doesn't claim by sending in their postage. Just let me know.

Thanks a bunch!
Sassyb.

o

I received my seeds yesterday. Thanks!!!!!

o

Food_Lover, Do you still have seeds available for SASE?

o

These still available? I can send SASE. Thanks. Will take anything you are willing to part with. Thanks again.

o

Do you still have seeds available? Would love anything you have to part with. Thanks so much.
Sarah

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here