Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
euarto_gullible

have: have: macedonian pepper mix free for sasbe

euarto_gullible
11 years ago

I have a seed mix of several varieties of Macedonian hot and sweet peppers that I gathered there when I was in the Peace Corps. The seed is from 2008, and germinated at about 80% last year. I'd like to share it with others, as it is getting old.

The mix contains-

Najluti- medium heat 2 inch fruit with an upward growing habit, good flavor fresh.

Feferoni- the ultimate pickling pepper, 3 to 4 inch cayenne type peppers, medium heat.

Rezha- heavily striated hot peppers 6-8 inches, (the name means "engraved"). Outstanding sweet flavor and intense creeping burn. Best if roasted on the grill or dried and powdered. Very hot for a c. annuum. Very unique pepper largely unknown outside of Macedonia.

Ajvarski- sweet red peppers with excellent flavor, bred for roasting, but outstanding for any cooking. The Macedonians roast them, peel them, grind them up, and mix them with oil into a paste they call ajvar. They eat it on bread like peanut butter.

Kurtovska Kapija- Another sweet red pepper with a more cylindrical profile. A common commercial variety.

Unknown Sweet- While Ajvarski ripens from green to brown to red, this one ripens from green to yellow to red. It has thicker flesh, has a slimmer profile, and withstands hail better than any sweet pepper I've grown.

The seed is all mixed together with a majority of hot peppers. This isn't good seed for people interested in trading and saving. It is good seed if somebody wants to grow a row of great tasting peppers.

Comments (45)

• jhgarden9
    11 years ago

Sent you an e-mail. Thanks!

• bwaynef
    11 years ago

I'm interested! Expect an email from me shortly!

• craftie2
    11 years ago

cant wait for your email. love all types of peppers.

margie
    craftie2@hotmail.com

• greengirl2009
    11 years ago

Interested if seeds remain available. Thanks much.

• MoonFire
    11 years ago

are there any left? if so i'm interested please...thanks :)

• euarto_gullible
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I have plenty, and so far have received nothing in the mail from anybody to fill. Send me an email and I'll email you my address.

• bwaynef
    11 years ago

Expect something in the mail soon. I sent it out Saturday.

• MrsAlford
    11 years ago

I am sending an email!
    Thanks!
    Sarah

• rmmfcs1
    11 years ago

I am interested!

• bwaynef
    11 years ago

Thanks! Seed arrived today. Thanks for the handwritten note also.

• socalgardengal
    11 years ago

I'm interested please. I love peppers! Thank you. Sending email.

• amberleeladybug
    11 years ago

Any seeds left? I would be interested.

• euarto_gullible
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Plenty left. I've only sent out 3 bubble envelopes, and 2 more came in the mail today that will go out tomorrow.

• 4hleader
    11 years ago

I will also send you an email. Thank you for your generousity!

• jasmalka
    11 years ago

Hi, I hope I'm not too late for the good offer.
    Sent email. Thank you kindly.

• socalgardengal
    11 years ago

Thanks so much,received seeds today and will start them this weekend! Appreciate your generosity!

• jhgarden9
    11 years ago

Received the seeds today. Thank you so much. Can't wait to plant them.

• euarto_gullible
    Original Author
    11 years ago

mswimm1981,

Your message came to my email without the ability to me to reply. If you want my mailing address for the seeds, you'll need to send me an email that I can reply to.

• euarto_gullible
    Original Author
    11 years ago

To the person in N. Kingstown, I mailed your seeds today (I can't find your email from your name on the envelope).

• shanon_
    11 years ago

sent email :)

• scarza
    11 years ago

I would like a pack of the mixed pepper seeds.
    I will send SASE. would you like any of the following:
    Leek American Flag
    Artichoke Green Globe
    Cabbage Savoy Perfection

• paul1972
    11 years ago

i would like some of the pepper seeds if you have any left. I have sent you an email

• craftie2
    11 years ago

Hi I would like some if you still have these avail. hope I hope I get your email soon.

margie

This post was edited by craftie2 on Sat, Jan 26, 13 at 4:53

• euarto_gullible
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I still have seed. If there's something else that you really want, ask. I have a lot of old seed, and it's easy for me to throw in a little of some extra stuff while I'm packing up the peppers.
    One thing that I do have a lot of extra is New Mexico style peppers. I bought them in bulk several years, and were told they were green roasting chiles, but they have an upward growing habit a blockier profie, are only 2-3 inches long, and the skins don't come off worth a darn. They taste good and are good for fresh eating, but if I'm going to grow green chiles, I'm going to grow something I can peel. If anybody would be interested in some of these, I can throw them in too.

• flyphy
    11 years ago

Hello if by any chance you have any more please let me know what you have. I will send a follow up email
    Jonathan

• andonovski
    11 years ago

Hi,

Do you still have some seeds available? I am originally from Macedonia, but live in Alexandria, VA. If available, I would like to have the Rezha, Ajvarski, Kurtovska Kapija and the Unknown Sweet varieties.

Thanks in advance!

Here is a link that might be useful: have: have: macedonian pepper mix free for sasbe

• euarto_gullible
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Andonovski, Se uste imam. Za vas, imam poveke vidovi ako sakas.

• garden_love
    11 years ago

I am doing some seed growing experiments and would love anything you dont want. I am trying to find the best place for seed starting in my house and a family members growing room. Any plants that come up are getting transplanted into my garden that I share with my sister so the more the better! Thanks

• andonovski
    11 years ago

Blagodaram mnogu! Do you have any tomato seeds from Macedonia? If not, the Rezha, Ajvarski, Kurtovska Kapija and the Unknown Sweet pepper varieties would be enough, as I live in an apartment building and will grow the plants on my balcony. I am sending my mailing address via E-mail. Again, thank you very much!

Vedran Andonovski

• remy101
    11 years ago

I am interested in seeds too .We can trade if you want. I have pulla, arbol, Red cayenne , orange habanero pepper seed

• djune_gw
    11 years ago

Do you have any seed left? If so, I would love some.
    Thanks,
    Donna

• euarto_gullible
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Still have. Send me an email and I'll send you the address.

• greengirl2009
    11 years ago

Package of seeds received today! Thanks much for the wonderful variety. Look forward to sowing these soon!

• craftie2
    11 years ago

hi do you still have these if so I would like some. Cant wait till I get you email. Thank you

margie

• euarto_gullible
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I have enough for maybe 10 more people.

• missyga64
    11 years ago

Hello,

I am new to gardening and would love some of your Macedonian seeds (I am studying that area in my humanities class)

I have the following if you are interested:
    Nu Mex Big Jim
    Corno Di Toro Rosso
    Sweet Pimento Apple

sending you an email now

Thanks,

Missy

• youthere
    11 years ago

Sending an e-mail. My friend lived in Macedonia for a while and I would love to surprise her with some of these seeds if you still have some available!

Thanks!

• euarto_gullible
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I have enough for 5 more offers. Please post here before emailing so that people can see if the offer is still open.

• whatisntseen
    11 years ago

I'm interested in this pepper seed medley. Sending email now. Thanks so much!

• roteruder
    11 years ago

im also interested in the pepper varieties! ill have to make a new row just for them. sending email now. thanks a bunch!

• craftie2
    11 years ago

If you still have these i would like some. Just let me know what i need to do next.thank you

• UPucker
    11 years ago

If you have some left I would also love to try them. Check your email.

• CRMW
    11 years ago

if any remain we could use them for our community garden project at the office of coal river mountain watch, sending an email as well

Here is a link that might be useful: coal river mountain watch home page

• theodosiaunderwood
    11 years ago

If you still have any of the Macedonian pepper seeds available, I would be very interested. I have an older Macedonian friend that would really enjoy it if I could grow some.

• dizzydreamer
    11 years ago

Hello!

If you happen to have any of the pepper seeds available, I would be thrilled to have some... Even if your user name scares me a bit. ;)

Sponsored