Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
have: have: macedonian pepper mix free for sasbe

Posted by euarto_gullible 5 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 21, 12 at 3:01

I have a seed mix of several varieties of Macedonian hot and sweet peppers that I gathered there when I was in the Peace Corps. The seed is from 2008, and germinated at about 80% last year. I'd like to share it with others, as it is getting old.

The mix contains-

Najluti- medium heat 2 inch fruit with an upward growing habit, good flavor fresh.

Feferoni- the ultimate pickling pepper, 3 to 4 inch cayenne type peppers, medium heat.

Rezha- heavily striated hot peppers 6-8 inches, (the name means "engraved"). Outstanding sweet flavor and intense creeping burn. Best if roasted on the grill or dried and powdered. Very hot for a c. annuum. Very unique pepper largely unknown outside of Macedonia.

Ajvarski- sweet red peppers with excellent flavor, bred for roasting, but outstanding for any cooking. The Macedonians roast them, peel them, grind them up, and mix them with oil into a paste they call ajvar. They eat it on bread like peanut butter.

Kurtovska Kapija- Another sweet red pepper with a more cylindrical profile. A common commercial variety.

Unknown Sweet- While Ajvarski ripens from green to brown to red, this one ripens from green to yellow to red. It has thicker flesh, has a slimmer profile, and withstands hail better than any sweet pepper I've grown.

The seed is all mixed together with a majority of hot peppers. This isn't good seed for people interested in trading and saving. It is good seed if somebody wants to grow a row of great tasting peppers.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: have: have: macedonian pepper mix free for sasbe

Sent you an e-mail. Thanks!

o

I'm interested! Expect an email from me shortly!

o

cant wait for your email. love all types of peppers.

margie
craftie2@hotmail.com

o

Interested if seeds remain available. Thanks much.

o

are there any left? if so i'm interested please...thanks :)

o

I have plenty, and so far have received nothing in the mail from anybody to fill. Send me an email and I'll email you my address.

o

Expect something in the mail soon. I sent it out Saturday.

o

I am sending an email!
Thanks!
Sarah

o

I am interested!

o

Thanks! Seed arrived today. Thanks for the handwritten note also.

o

I'm interested please. I love peppers! Thank you. Sending email.

o

Any seeds left? I would be interested.

o

Plenty left. I've only sent out 3 bubble envelopes, and 2 more came in the mail today that will go out tomorrow.

o

I will also send you an email. Thank you for your generousity!

o

Hi, I hope I'm not too late for the good offer.
Sent email. Thank you kindly.

o

Thanks so much,received seeds today and will start them this weekend! Appreciate your generosity!

o

Received the seeds today. Thank you so much. Can't wait to plant them.

o

mswimm1981,

Your message came to my email without the ability to me to reply. If you want my mailing address for the seeds, you'll need to send me an email that I can reply to.

o

To the person in N. Kingstown, I mailed your seeds today (I can't find your email from your name on the envelope).

o

sent email :)

o

I would like a pack of the mixed pepper seeds.
I will send SASE. would you like any of the following:
Leek American Flag
Artichoke Green Globe
Cabbage Savoy Perfection

o

i would like some of the pepper seeds if you have any left. I have sent you an email

o

Hi I would like some if you still have these avail. hope I hope I get your email soon.

margie

This post was edited by craftie2 on Sat, Jan 26, 13 at 4:53

o

I still have seed. If there's something else that you really want, ask. I have a lot of old seed, and it's easy for me to throw in a little of some extra stuff while I'm packing up the peppers.
One thing that I do have a lot of extra is New Mexico style peppers. I bought them in bulk several years, and were told they were green roasting chiles, but they have an upward growing habit a blockier profie, are only 2-3 inches long, and the skins don't come off worth a darn. They taste good and are good for fresh eating, but if I'm going to grow green chiles, I'm going to grow something I can peel. If anybody would be interested in some of these, I can throw them in too.

o

Hello if by any chance you have any more please let me know what you have. I will send a follow up email
Jonathan

o

Hi,

Do you still have some seeds available? I am originally from Macedonia, but live in Alexandria, VA. If available, I would like to have the Rezha, Ajvarski, Kurtovska Kapija and the Unknown Sweet varieties.

Thanks in advance!

Here is a link that might be useful: have: have: macedonian pepper mix free for sasbe

o

Andonovski, Se uste imam. Za vas, imam poveke vidovi ako sakas.

o

I am doing some seed growing experiments and would love anything you dont want. I am trying to find the best place for seed starting in my house and a family members growing room. Any plants that come up are getting transplanted into my garden that I share with my sister so the more the better! Thanks

o

Blagodaram mnogu! Do you have any tomato seeds from Macedonia? If not, the Rezha, Ajvarski, Kurtovska Kapija and the Unknown Sweet pepper varieties would be enough, as I live in an apartment building and will grow the plants on my balcony. I am sending my mailing address via E-mail. Again, thank you very much!

Vedran Andonovski

o

I am interested in seeds too .We can trade if you want. I have pulla, arbol, Red cayenne , orange habanero pepper seed

o

Do you have any seed left? If so, I would love some.
Thanks,
Donna

o

Still have. Send me an email and I'll send you the address.

o
RE: macedonian pepper mix free for sasbe

Package of seeds received today! Thanks much for the wonderful variety. Look forward to sowing these soon!

o

hi do you still have these if so I would like some. Cant wait till I get you email. Thank you

margie

o

I have enough for maybe 10 more people.

o

Hello,

I am new to gardening and would love some of your Macedonian seeds (I am studying that area in my humanities class)

I have the following if you are interested:
Nu Mex Big Jim
Corno Di Toro Rosso
Sweet Pimento Apple

sending you an email now

Thanks,

Missy

o

Sending an e-mail. My friend lived in Macedonia for a while and I would love to surprise her with some of these seeds if you still have some available!

Thanks!

o

I have enough for 5 more offers. Please post here before emailing so that people can see if the offer is still open.

o

I'm interested in this pepper seed medley. Sending email now. Thanks so much!

o

im also interested in the pepper varieties! ill have to make a new row just for them. sending email now. thanks a bunch!

o

If you still have these i would like some. Just let me know what i need to do next.thank you

o

If you have some left I would also love to try them. Check your email.

o

• Posted by CRMW none (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 21, 13 at 17:54

if any remain we could use them for our community garden project at the office of coal river mountain watch, sending an email as well

Here is a link that might be useful: coal river mountain watch home page

o

If you still have any of the Macedonian pepper seeds available, I would be very interested. I have an older Macedonian friend that would really enjoy it if I could grow some.

o

Hello!

If you happen to have any of the pepper seeds available, I would be thrilled to have some... Even if your user name scares me a bit. ;)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here