Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindamarie_gw

HAVE: 27 pks 2011 best offer

lindamarie
11 years ago

I have 27 pkts of seeds from the 2011 God's garden swap that I can't use because they do not do well in this area, like Hollyhocks OR because I do not care for them, like Morning Glories, bottle gourds or turnips.

I'd like to trade them. I do not exspect 27 pkts in exchange

Just seeds I like and can use. I am looking for special veggie and flower seeds that I can grow to sell at the farmers markets. I am having a awlful time with beattles on my bok choy, mustard and chinese cabbage. The broccoli and lettuce is not being attacked. I would like to try red and green bok choy and red cabbage and anything else you belive the beattles will not devoure.

I can also add some seeds from my most favorite Ukranian Sweet Potato Squash, grown organically.

Comments (8)

• rhashell
    11 years ago

Hello I am also a market frower! I have many heirloom tomato seeds. Also many greens as that is a favorite with customers here.I have some spanish black radishes that are a hot item.

Let me know what all you have and what you are looking for !
    I have fennel
    melons
    many radish varieties
    many asian greens
    basil mix- lemon, lime, cinnamon, sweet purple etc
    many heirloom tomatoes is there a few you are loooking for?
    parsnips
    leek
    onoins
    carrot- for clay soil
    russian kale

marketbasket@centurylink.net
    Eating Seasonally CSA on facebook

• lindamarie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I live in MS and the people here do not seem to like anything new. They seem to want small plain red tomatoes and collard greens. I am trying to offer something different that I like to grow and eat.

I am trying determinate tomatoes that like heat and several melons, cukes and squash do well here. I like Asian greens, but so do the bugs. I'd like to try parsnips and leeks, but they do not sell well here.

• rhashell
    11 years ago

I have sioux and a few other smaller red tomatoes.
    I have a few differant melons and I do have several kinds of winter squash. Have you tryed lacinto kale or red russian I have less bug trouble with those 2 varieties.
    If you want to do a trade let me know. Thanks

• lindamarie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I am growing both those kales now. They have no bug holes.I did enjoy the Siam Basil I grew this Summer, it is very pretty and smells great. I put it on pizza. I can't sell it.

• bwaynef
    11 years ago

Linda, if you're interested in anything I have, I'd love to trade for your Ukrainian Sweet Potato Squash! Please let me know!

• lindamarie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

These seeds are still available

• bwaynef
    11 years ago

Would you be willing to trade some Big Beef F1 Tomatoes for the Ukrainian Sweet Potato Squash? I've also got Big Beef OP seeds, but those likely don't have the disease resistance of the F1 variety. Large red beefsteak tomatoes on a productive plant. They're said to have heirloom flavor w/ the productivity of a hybrid. I don't grow for market, but I'd think these would do well.

• zzackey
    11 years ago

I have alot of cool seeds. Cushaw squash, holy basil, basil, several different radishes, malabar spinach, feverfew, catnip, kohlrabi, bloomsdale spinach, green beans, lima beans, Cherokee pole beans,and much more! I'd have to go through my seed box to tempt you!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting