Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gerris2

HAVE: Scarlett O'Hara Morning Glory

I have a nice crop of fresh seeds of Scarlett O'Hara morning glory (Ipomoea nil) to trade. Most notable about this strain I grew was it was red red red across the limb of the flower, all the way down the tube to nearly the base. This is how Scarlett O'Hara is supposed to look, without any sign of white out on the limb of the flower.

Would you like to trade seeds with me?

Best regards,

Joseph
{{gwi:106791}}

Comments (16)

• mastergarder2003
    11 years ago

I would love to swap seeds please look at my list I have a few varitys of Clematis vine. one dk purple Jack,one Lg Purple with red stamins no name as of yet I grow both of them and a yellow tiny one called Radar love. it grows bigger. I have a trade of a tiny white one. You can clik on my name Master garder to see my list thank you Please email me I would like your Scarlet is is beautiful and would like your Japanese Asagao MG. varit. leaves. If you have it still. Please pick 2-3 paks from me for these 2 var. from you . Thank you email addy. Bon Gw mastergarder2003 I really want to trade with Delaware as I need to get all 50 states and only have 3 more after you.Still need Vermont,Hawaii,and New Mexico. All 50 would be great to finish them.

• graanieb
    11 years ago

Hi Gerri, good to see you here again, been a while.
    I'd love to trade for your beautiful MG's, especially Scarlet O'Hara and both blue.
    I have Clematis Sweet Autumn, White Hyacinth Bean, Double blue Butterfly Pea Vine, let me know what else interests you.

Bea

• davsher
    11 years ago

i would love to have miss O'Hara take a look at my list let me know David

• Gerris2 (Joseph Delaware Zone 7a)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

davsher: what is a bush moonflower, can you show me a photo online?

Bea and mastergardener, let me look to see what I have of the MGs you wanted besides Scarlett O'Hara and get back to you. Thank you for being patient.

• davsher
    11 years ago

i don't have a photo you can google it better holmes and garden has a nice photo of it. let me know David

• graanieb
    11 years ago

Whenever possible Joseph, Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Bush moonflower? May be a datura?

• davsher
    11 years ago

but it's a bush not a vine. i got it from a frend it was about 24" tall and about that wide. it has the nice big white flower opening up in the low light. Merry Christmas. David

Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes, it is Datura. I'll have to pass on it, I'm very sorry.

I will post more morning glory varieties of which I have extra seeds soon. I forgot about my seed list which I had on my GW page, and need to check the availability of those varieties. Since it is the middle of the winter I hope you are not in a huge rush to complete the exchange. Thank you for being patient.

Bea, Merry Christmas to you, and a happy new year, may it be the best year ever for you.

• davsher
    11 years ago

that's OK traded for another one

• mastergarder2003
    11 years ago

Iam still waiting for a reply on the Morning glory request above and sent you a email just send me your request from my list. I would even like you to pick just one pak for the varity you have a picture of as I would like to finish this swap and would love to swap with Delaware too.. thank you please clik my Mastergarder2003 link above to see my list and email me by double clik my email thank you I can send my address when you do. thank you Bon.

• mastergarder2003
    11 years ago

Joseph I would love some of your Scarlett O 'Hara Morning Glory. Would you like some a pak of one of these for it.Large purple Clematis vine,or Clematis Radar Love Tiny yellow flower,or Clematis vine with Tiny white flower's like Sweet Autumn, or a Dark Puple big flower one called Jack? Please let me know if you would line one of these for the Morning Glory you have think you Bonnie.

• piksi_hk
    11 years ago

Joseph,

I would like to trade for Akatsuki no Umi (the deep blue is just lovely) and your Scarlett. LMK what you may be interested; I have seeds for sunny areas.
    I just collected some I. carnea seeds; do you have these? Not really a vine but a huge tree for me. Also lavender moon vine seeds I. muricata.

Betsy (Beaumont)
    Do you still volunteer for disaster relief?

• mastergarder2003
    11 years ago

Ok I give up I guess you dont have any more Morning Glory's I have emailed and posted often Iam finished with this post here. I really wanted to trade with Delaware to get this state to finish all my 50 states in the Usa Goal but no replys. I have Morning glory mix anyway. Tired of waiting here. sorry I posted on the 21st of Dec. Iam done here.
    Bon.

• petunia_2006
    11 years ago

Hi Joseph I have MG black knight would you by chance have any Akatsuki no Umi left from your trade list. You can also look at my trade list to see if there is anything there you might like. Will update mine.
    Thanks,
    Sharon

Original Author
    11 years ago

I'm very sorry, the trade offer was only for Scarlett O'Hara.

I'm sorry to break your heart, Mastergardener2003. I don't like to trade for seed mixes.

• LullabyF360
    11 years ago

Petunia

I have a mix of seeds, mostly flowers, if you are interested in trading for the black knight. I will have to check to see all what types I have. If you are interested

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor