Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rqeversole

have: nearly 600 vegetable and herb varieties. want: flowers

rqeversole
11 years ago

Please check out my trade list. With nearly 600 varieties of vegetables and herbs, surely there is something that you can find to trade for :-)

I am looking for perennial flowers, ornamental trees (dogwood, Dwarf varieties), grasses, bulbs, cuttings, etc. I have a huge yard, with lots and lots of empty beds that need filling. My zone is 6b, and I need shade, partial shade, and full sun varieties.

Especially interested in: Hosta, ferns, hellebores, delphenium, Heuchera, & Sweet Pea (Fragrant).

Tempt me!
Robert

Comments (29)

• avidgardener25
    11 years ago

Sent an email.

• rqeversole
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Emailed you back avidgardener25.

• avidgardener25
    11 years ago

Ok good deal. I will send you a list of some more flowers not listed on my trade list.

• avidgardener25
    11 years ago

I am only able to see sheet 1 of your trade list. Is their a link I am missimg or anything of that sort?

• avidgardener25
    11 years ago

I have: (Flowers)
    Morning glory Deep Blue
    Morning glory Black Knight
    Annual coreopsis tinctoria red
    Coreopsis tinctoria yellow
    Toto rudbeckia
    "plains coreopsis"

I am interested in:
    Hot pepper, De Arbol
    Hot pepper, Dragon's claw
    Hot pepper, Billy goat
    Thai sun
    Peruvian white habanero
    Aji Dulce #2

Feel free to check my list for anything else.

• lovemeflowers
    11 years ago

I am having a hard time seeing your list but I'm sure with so many on your list you will have many i would like to trade for I have all the seeds on my list and many plants as well..in fact most of what you are asking for.. i have over 60 kinds of hostas everything from mini(pandoras box to sir francis williams and big daddy). I have 4 kinds of hellebore..single white /green, single light purple, dark single purple and bear claw hellebore. Many types of native Western NC ferns(christams, Autumn, beech etc.) and japanese painted ferns.In fact many types of NC natives. Corals bells as well although i have started down sizing what i have. I don't know if you can send me your list and take a look at what i have on my list and get back to me. And hopefully we can make a trade happen.

• rqeversole
    Original Author
    11 years ago

For anyone having a hard time seeing my list, here is another (hopefully better) link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Aqv8SD1cZdzDdGFSME1JNFVPWFhFcnl2TVJnTEMwRHc&output=html

• mastergarder2003
    11 years ago

Hello Robert,I would love 20 pks if still avalable. Please click on the red Mastergarder2003 to pick from my list as well. I will email my list to you,please send me your 20 pack request from the list of mostly flowers I have. Thank you Bon.

• rqeversole
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Lovemeflowers, could you email me your list of plants? I have so much shade, I would love to google your hosta varieties :-) coral bells would be amazing too!

• Kelli9699
    11 years ago

You have an awesome list. I would love to trade. Maybe it would be easier if you let me know if I have anything that would interest you and then I will narrow down my wants from your list. Thank you.

• ladyrose65
    11 years ago

I have some interesting poppies. Check out my list.

• rqeversole
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Kelli9699,

I would be interested in your fragrant sweet pea.

• rqeversole
    Original Author
    11 years ago

ladyrose65,

Sent you an email!

• rqeversole
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Mastergarder2003,

I sent you an email :-)

• elliesfun
    11 years ago

I can't seem to get to your list even with the link. I am looking for bean seeds especially dry and pole, squash & pumpkins.
    Look over my list and let me know if you would like to trade.

Ellie

• lindamarie
    11 years ago

I am interested in your Jicama, choclate and Purple Beauty Peppers. I have fresh Cactus Zinnias and Ukranian Sweet Potato Squash i am sure you would love. Please peek at my list.

• mastergarder2003
    11 years ago

I emailed my list and have your pak ready to mail please send me your addy, and email back thanks sounds like a great swap. Bon.

• rqeversole
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Farmergirl2009,

Perhaps this link will work for you. If it doesn't it is probably something to do with your JavaScript or an outdated driver. To make things simple, if the link doesn't work this time, just email me and I will email you the entire list (it's very, very long).

Here is a link that might be useful: CLICK HERE FOR TRADE LIST

• elliesfun
    11 years ago

Good morning Robert,

Thank you for sending me your trade list. I am sending you an email with the beans that I have selected.

Ellie

• mastergarder2003
    11 years ago

Thanks Iam mailing out soon.Bon

• mastergarder2003
    11 years ago

Rqeversole the list above is so much better to see then the one I used to trade with good job. Bon.
    Someone on this page sent me a email kharisma. I dont believe I was trading with you Hmm maybe I got your mixed up with this trade with Rqeversole I hope not. I have his finished. Email me again if you want to trade Iam not able to get to the spot we were first on,Iam terrable sorry,has anyone ever mixed up a trade I feel dump Iam sorry kharisma. please forgive me something about a fig ?? I dont have figs nor can I grow them in Mi. Bon

• vogt0047
    11 years ago

Robert,

I have a bunch of heirloom veggies to trade. We just moved and I'm starting over on our herb garden. I only need a few of each. I'm interested in

Herb, Caraway
    Herb, Chamomile, Roman
    Herb, Chervil
    Herb, Cumin
    Herb, Fenugreek
    Herb, Lavender, Munstead 20
    Herb, Lavender, Vera 20
    Herb, Lemon Balm 40
    Herb, Lemon Grass 30
    Herb, Marjoram, Sweet 1 NP of 800
    Herb, Oregano, True 20
    Herb, Sage, Broad Leaf 1 NP of 75
    Herb, Savory, Summer 40
    Herb, Slo Bolt Cilantro 50
    Herb, Tarragon, Russian 1 Np of 175
    Herb, Thyme, French (summer) 40
    Herb, Wild Bergamot 15
    Herb, Wormwood

I have
    Cowpea-Grey Speckled Palapye
    Endive-De Louviers
    Popcorn-Strawberry, unknown yellow
    Pepper-Poblano Mild
    Tomato-Amish Potato Leaf
    Tomato-Zapotec Pink Pleated
    Tomato-Purple Pleated
    Tomato-Glicks Mennonite 18
    Tomato-Matt's Wild Cherry
    Kale-Red Russian
    Herbs:
    Marsh Mallow
    Blue Vervain

LMK if you're interested
    Sarah

• LullabyF360
    11 years ago

I have quite a few flowers & maybe a few other things you'd like. Check out my list :)

• gvozdika
    11 years ago

vogt0047, if you don't get a response from rqeversole, from that list I have cumin, fenugreek, lemon balm and some not so slow bolt (really quick bolt, which is good for getting coriander) cilantro seeds. I would love to trade for your borage and calendula if you still have them. Also have St. John's wort and oregano seeds.

• vogt0047
    11 years ago

gvozdika,

I'll email you :)

• directorlady
    11 years ago

Hi Robert. I have a few different flower seeds I would love to trade with you. I have marigolds, red sunflowers, purple basil (also edible), yellow gazania, morning glory and then mixed purple and red flower seeds from a friends beautiful flower garden. I am specifically looking for spinach and any other greens. Also, possibly, any herbs. Thank you.

• rqeversole
    Original Author
    11 years ago

To everyone who has replied:

I initially posted this back in December. I run a large CSA program (hence the reason I have so many vegetable varieties), and the growing season has begun for us. I am just too busy right now to spend a lot of time trading seeds. I have brought a huge selection of berry bushes and fruit trees on to the farm this year, and they are ready to be planted now as well. Add in the 10,000 onion plants we just received, and I just don't have very much time left over :-)

Also, I did a very large trade for some Hosta's and grasses, and the germination was HORRIBLE. Almost to the point that I would rather just buy everything. But alas, I enjoy trading SOOOOOOOO much, so it is impossible for me to pass up a good offer!

I currently have way too many emails to reply to. So if you would like to trade, please email me a list of unique flowers, grasses, japanese maple, dogwoods, and flowers (including bulbs). My flower beds are more akin to the cottage style of flower gardening, so please keep that in mind. If it is available at the local garden center on a regular basis, then I would have to pass. I would rather pay the extra for the guarantee. Also, no annuals please. They do not interest me.

I will try to reply to a few emails that seemed especially interesting. However, it is easier if you just go ahead and send a list for me to look over.

Happy Gardening & Best Wishes,
    Robert

P.S. To the Canadians who have emailed me asking if I will trade over the border, the answer is......ABSOLUTELY! Now that Canadian seed companies don't ship to the US it is the only way I have to continue to add unique and rare varieties to my collection.

• gvozdika
    11 years ago

Sorry for bumping into your thread, rqeversole. Too many zombie threads are lurking around.
    vogt0047, I received your message. If you still want to trade after your trade with rqeversole, I'm game. But I can't answer you via email, your email is blocked. Just send me your email address then. Good luck with the trade!

• realbusy
    11 years ago

Hey Bob,.. I'm from Joisey...you interested in heirloom cowpeas or beans at all? Also I got a lot of weird flowers not on my list but would be willing to trade you if you are interested... GINA

Realbusy on GW please check out my list and E-me if you are at all interested..thanks!!

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022