Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
chicken tractor

Posted by big_andy louisiana (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 13, 10 at 19:21

Hi
Im new here, and was wandering if anyone had any good tips for me today.

My wife wants me to build a chicken tractor so I started to think and came up with an idea. I want to incorporate a couple of stables for small pigmys and also rabitts and of course chickens
This will not be a traditional "chicken tractor". It will be big and I'm not sure where to begin.
Can any one help?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: chicken tractor

I have seen rabbit hutches wit a pull out drawer below that they contain the pellets and raise red wigglers for worm castings.Rabbits are very heat sensitive so you do not want them out in the glaring sun. My ag agent/bunny 4 H leader puts frozen 2 litres of water in the pen for them to snuggle up to when the temps raise.
good luck

o
RE: chicken tractor

My husband made a chicken truck to pull around the yard but it has no protection for the winter i don't know if you all no what an old lifestock rack it they used to put it on the back of pickup trucks to haul lifestock anyway thats what he made the chicken truck out of so how do we make a chicken coop for our 40 chickens?? the chicken truck works great tho .... is there any way to post pics? if so i could show you how he made it but to tell you is hard!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here