Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Missing duck

Posted by dutchprince NY (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 11, 08 at 10:42

We have several male and female ducks that are laying eggs. One female and male couple started leaving in the morning and returning in the late evening, just before dark. Obviously she was laying eggs somewhere out in the woods beyond the pond, because there were no longer any of her eggs in the duck house. One day the male returned in the evening, casually, without the female and has never left during the day again. Do you think she is on a nest or was killed? It has been about 31 days since she disappeared.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Missing duck

any sign yet,it has been since July.
A bobcat ate one of my ducks in broad daylight with my neighbor weed whacking and me screaming and chasing him away with a stick.They are very vulnerable and pretty far down the food chain.
I guess thats where we get the phrase Sitting Duck

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here