Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
erinluchsinger

Is this site running VERY slow for everyone?

erinluchsinger
18 years ago

I have cable internet and I've been getting sooooo frustrated w/ this site. There is a 30 second delay w/ everything I do on this site, and this site only. I feel sorry for the people out there w/ dial up. YOu'd be a week of Sundays before any of the pages loaded. Curious to know if this is the case for everyone?

Erin

Comments (14)

• Poochella
    18 years ago

Not me; I'm am also on cable. It's just as fast as usual.

• whip1 Zone 5 NE Ohio
    18 years ago

I'm on DSL. I have had random problems with speed here.

• gldno1
    18 years ago

I'm on dial-up and everything is slow! but I haven't noticed anything unusual with this particular site. I am always on very early in the morning; maybe that has something to do with it being faster? I don't really understand how these things work. Pictures are my biggest problem. Sometimes I just give us and skip them.

gld

• woco
    18 years ago

The only thing that frustrates me about this site is all of the ads. I know that they need to make money to keep going but it is getting bad. Especially the ones at the top of the page that collaspe just as you are trying to click on a post. Then there are the ones that dance across the screen. I really enjoy the Garden Web and it has taught me a lot. FYI I know what I am looking for and where I want to go so I do not even look at the ads.

Bill

• BriosaFarm
    18 years ago

We have high speed internet, and most things are very quick to load, but yes, on my computer this site has been a lot slower to load than usual (in the past few days.)

• ceresone
    18 years ago

dial-up here, everythings slow--some sites, such as feathersite, wont even load. we have satellite feed, but quit, cause it was just as slow-and cost wasnt worth it.early mornings is better-

• Pams
    18 years ago

Yes, I access this site by both wireless and dial-up. When it is slow on wireless, you know there is something wrong. TOO many ads and it is getting sickening. Lots of pop ups that come off of this site also. Big companies and they really don't care....my opinion.

• HerringboneD28
    18 years ago

I never EVER look at any of the crap that loads above, around or through this forum or any other that I visit. They aren't making any money off me with all their advertising. Just causing aggrevation and slow response time, that's all! And yes.......it seems to have become worse lately.

• oregon_veg
    18 years ago

Ads don't bother me, if they're not intrusive. I understand making a few bucks. But when they drop down in your face so you can't see anything else, it's like telemarketers at dinner time.
    By the way, I only have the pop-up problems at work with Internet Explorer. At home I use Firefox & don't see any of the pop-ups.

Tom

• ladybug1
    18 years ago

It was running s-l-o-w for me last night, but seems more normal today. It does seem slower than some other sites I look at. I blame it on the ads and the time they take to download.

• tressa
    18 years ago

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have DSL and I get so frustrated sometimes that I just log off - and the ads - ridiculus!!!

• gldno1
    18 years ago

I am noticing all the complaints about pop-up ads. That is one thing I am not bothered with...just a few on certain sites.

I wonder if it has to do with the ISP. I am using SBC/Yahoo. I love their mail site....very little spam and I mark all I do get so I don't get them again. I have Windows XP-Professional, maybe there is a built-in blocker with that. Just thought I would mention this as a possible solution. I do use Foxfire a lot, but also still use Internet Explorer too. Gld

• Roberta_z5
    18 years ago

I get no pop-ups on GardenWeb or ThatHomeSite and wonder if it is because I am a paid subscriber? Don't know if that makes a difference, but I guess it might. It is well worth it to me because I visit many GardenWeb forums every day.

• velvet_sparrow
    18 years ago

Interesting that this thread got banished to this area. *L*

What is annoying lately is the 'sponsored links' that appear IN THE POST itself! When I type something and create a thread, I don't agree with ads being placed inside it in such a way that it looks as if I am the one supporting some company. Simple words like 'pond' and 'chicken' that people are using in their conversations are becoming links to ads. :(

Bad! Very bad. :(