Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
emluchsinger

Update on Marc

emluchsinger
19 years ago

Just wanted to give everyone an update on my friend Marc's condition. I did post a website address in the last post, but thought that'd I'm start a new thread now taht I have more info.

Marc was diagnosed with AML (Accute Myeloid Leukemia) on 9/25 of this year. He was started on Chemo on the 27th. From there he got a staph infection and pneumonia. It has been a huge battle ever since. His fevers are down, but he has almost 80 lbs. of fluid that he's retaining. He's pretty much sedated all day to keep him comfortable and rested. The doctor allowed his dog to come into the ICU for a visit. He did show a bit of a response to that. His liver and lungs are the problem. The infectious disease team is still trying to figure out what is wrong with his liver. This liver numbers are still very high, but have not gone higher in a few days. And his lungs look better. On 11/2, the doctors gave him a 10-20% chance of survival... that gives you an idea of just how serious this is.

On a positive note, all the marrow aspirations they do on him show no leukemia cells. But he has to get over the liver problems.

I'm attaching a website that gives daily updates on his progress. Please keep hoping, praying, or doing whatever you do. He has a spiritual healer working with him, as well as a few different religious leaders. He is a very strong person and hopefully he can keep fighting.

Thanks,

Erin

Here is a link that might be useful: Marc's Update Page

Comments (2)